Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Minneapolis Police Killed George Floyd, Then Failed To Protect Property Owners From Riots

Muda69

https://www.yc.news/2020/06/15/rayshard-brooks-own-family-accused-him-of-cruelty-to-children-family-battery-beatings/

RAYSHARD BROOKS’ beat his way through more than a decade of lawlessness — hiding his shameful secrets that he was a serial child and wife beater, fugitive and absconding probationer — according to hundreds of documents obtained by Your Content.

The shocking revelation is buried in a Clayton County Georgia court database, dating back ten years.

The most recent arrest on Dec. 30, 2019 in Lucas County, Ohio, stemmed from a warrant issued by authorities in Georgia, alleging Brooks violated probation for failing to notify the community of his new address.

The fugitive arrest warrant, issued on Dec. 20, 2018, reveals the 27-year-old journeyed as far as the tip of northern Ohio in a botched effort to cheat justice.

As Your Content readers know, the 27-year-old was shot twice in the back late Friday by an officer who was trying to arrest him at a fast food restaurant for being intoxicated behind the wheel of his car.

In the same interview, he says "The moment I get out of hand, back to jail I go"

Following Brooks’ Dec. 2018 arrest, Judge Jennings of the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas gave Georgia officials a 14 day deadline to make arrangements for Brooks to be transported to their jurisdiction.

“It is ordered that the Defendant be held no longer than 14 days pending the arrival of the State of Georgia’s agent. Bond is ordered set at $25,000 no 10%. Defendant is remanded into the custody of the Lucas County Sheriff’s Department.”

The court issued a new order on Jan. 10, 2020 indicating Brooks made it back to Georgia four days earlier.

“The Court being notified that the defendant, Rayshard Brooks was obtained by the demanding state on January 6,2020, this case is dismissed” Judge Jennings wrote.

WHAT’S MORE, Brooks was convicted of several crimes — including obstructing an officerfamily battery violencepossessing weapons during a crimereceiving stolen propertyfelony cruelty to childreninterfering with custodyfalse imprisonmentsnatching his children without permission from the mother, and battery.

President Donald Trump on Monday called the police shooting of black man Rayshard Brooks “disturbing” and a “terrible situation.”

Trump said Monday: “I thought it was a terrible situation. To me it was very disturbing.” The killing sparked protests at the Georgia Capitol Monday. 

“Rayshard Brooks drove drunk, resisted arrest, assaulted two cops, stole a taser, used that taser on a cop, and has a long and extensive criminal history.” TB Daily News reported. “He’s been charged with false imprisonment, battery on a family member, cruelty to children, theft, receiving stolen property, interference with custody, obstruction of an officer, and a handful of other misunderstandings.”

Brooks’ family have demanded changes in the criminal justice system and called on protesters to refrain from violence amid heightened tensions across the U.S. three weeks after George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis. 

Brooks tried to flee after wrestling with officers and stole a stun gun from one of them.  

Police had been called to the fast food restaurant because of complaints that a car was blocking the drive-thru lane. An officer found Brooks asleep in the car.

Video from officers showed Brooks cooperating with the officers for more than 40 minutes until a breath test determined his blood-alcohol level was over the legal limit. 

When one of the officers moved to handcuff him, Brooks tried to run and the officers took him to the ground.

Brooks broke free and took off with a stun gun but was shot. Rolfe told authorities that Brooks had fired the stun gun at him.

Asked why Brooks ran, family attorney L. Chris Stewart suggested that he may have feared for his life.

“They put George Floyd in handcuffs and he was subsequently killed,” Stewart said. “So just getting put in handcuffs if you’re African American doesn’t mean, oh, you’re going to get nicely taken to the back of a police car.”

Chassidy Evans, Brooks’ niece, said Monday: “Not only are we hurt, we are angry. When does it stop? We’re not only pleading for justice. We’re pleading for change.”

SF wonders why this information isn't out there......Going back a long time, he was on the PD's radar as a law breaker.....Literally had to look deep to find this.....He was a fugitive  as late as December and on probation for child abuse.....

23 hours ago, swordfish said:

https://www.yc.news/2020/06/15/rayshard-brooks-own-family-accused-him-of-cruelty-to-children-family-battery-beatings/

RAYSHARD BROOKS’ beat his way through more than a decade of lawlessness — hiding his shameful secrets that he was a serial child and wife beater, fugitive and absconding probationer — according to hundreds of documents obtained by Your Content.

The shocking revelation is buried in a Clayton County Georgia court database, dating back ten years.

The most recent arrest on Dec. 30, 2019 in Lucas County, Ohio, stemmed from a warrant issued by authorities in Georgia, alleging Brooks violated probation for failing to notify the community of his new address.

The fugitive arrest warrant, issued on Dec. 20, 2018, reveals the 27-year-old journeyed as far as the tip of northern Ohio in a botched effort to cheat justice.

As Your Content readers know, the 27-year-old was shot twice in the back late Friday by an officer who was trying to arrest him at a fast food restaurant for being intoxicated behind the wheel of his car.

In the same interview, he says "The moment I get out of hand, back to jail I go"

Following Brooks’ Dec. 2018 arrest, Judge Jennings of the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas gave Georgia officials a 14 day deadline to make arrangements for Brooks to be transported to their jurisdiction.

“It is ordered that the Defendant be held no longer than 14 days pending the arrival of the State of Georgia’s agent. Bond is ordered set at $25,000 no 10%. Defendant is remanded into the custody of the Lucas County Sheriff’s Department.”

The court issued a new order on Jan. 10, 2020 indicating Brooks made it back to Georgia four days earlier.

“The Court being notified that the defendant, Rayshard Brooks was obtained by the demanding state on January 6,2020, this case is dismissed” Judge Jennings wrote.

WHAT’S MORE, Brooks was convicted of several crimes — including obstructing an officerfamily battery violencepossessing weapons during a crimereceiving stolen propertyfelony cruelty to childreninterfering with custodyfalse imprisonmentsnatching his children without permission from the mother, and battery.

President Donald Trump on Monday called the police shooting of black man Rayshard Brooks “disturbing” and a “terrible situation.”

Trump said Monday: “I thought it was a terrible situation. To me it was very disturbing.” The killing sparked protests at the Georgia Capitol Monday. 

“Rayshard Brooks drove drunk, resisted arrest, assaulted two cops, stole a taser, used that taser on a cop, and has a long and extensive criminal history.” TB Daily News reported. “He’s been charged with false imprisonment, battery on a family member, cruelty to children, theft, receiving stolen property, interference with custody, obstruction of an officer, and a handful of other misunderstandings.”

Brooks’ family have demanded changes in the criminal justice system and called on protesters to refrain from violence amid heightened tensions across the U.S. three weeks after George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis. 

Brooks tried to flee after wrestling with officers and stole a stun gun from one of them.  

Police had been called to the fast food restaurant because of complaints that a car was blocking the drive-thru lane. An officer found Brooks asleep in the car.

Video from officers showed Brooks cooperating with the officers for more than 40 minutes until a breath test determined his blood-alcohol level was over the legal limit. 

When one of the officers moved to handcuff him, Brooks tried to run and the officers took him to the ground.

Brooks broke free and took off with a stun gun but was shot. Rolfe told authorities that Brooks had fired the stun gun at him.

Asked why Brooks ran, family attorney L. Chris Stewart suggested that he may have feared for his life.

“They put George Floyd in handcuffs and he was subsequently killed,” Stewart said. “So just getting put in handcuffs if you’re African American doesn’t mean, oh, you’re going to get nicely taken to the back of a police car.”

Chassidy Evans, Brooks’ niece, said Monday: “Not only are we hurt, we are angry. When does it stop? We’re not only pleading for justice. We’re pleading for change.”

SF wonders why this information isn't out there......Going back a long time, he was on the PD's radar as a law breaker.....Literally had to look deep to find this.....He was a fugitive  as late as December and on probation for child abuse.....

The guy actually drove to Wendy's drunk.  Then passed out in the Drive-thru.......  We are really overlooking this fact?  So - after stealing an arresting officer's taser, running away after assaulting the same,  he gets shot, what would the public think had he just injured or killed someone by DUI and committed the same assault on the officers?  All we are being told is "he was just getting some food, now he's dead". 

Seriously - this thing goes to court, and those officers (instead of murder) are found they were just doing their job with a drunk probation violator who just assaulted them and stole a weapon, we are back in the "bad cops get all the breaks" argument again....  

23 hours ago, swordfish said:

The guy actually drove to Wendy's drunk.  Then passed out in the Drive-thru.......  We are really overlooking this fact?  So - after stealing an arresting officer's taser, running away after assaulting the same,  he gets shot, what would the public think had he just injured or killed someone by DUI and committed the same assault on the officers?  All we are being told is "he was just getting some food, now he's dead". 

Seriously - this thing goes to court, and those officers (instead of murder) are found they were just doing their job with a drunk probation violator who just assaulted them and stole a weapon, we are back in the "bad cops get all the breaks" argument again....  

• Like 1

I love this lady's passion trying to explain her point to this white woman who just doesn't get it.....But the white gal can't argue with her because Ms. Bev is 2 things - She's (1) RIGHT, and She's (2) BLACK......

My favorite lines......

And they used our cause. How did Black Lives Matter turn into something about LGBTQ, when blacks really don’t support that? We’re conservative. We’re really not about that. Not only that, we don’t support abortion. This is the black culture. We ain’t never been about that. Not only that, we’re not about feminism.

WHITE WOMAN: No, we’re not.

BEATTY: Black women marry their husbands and respect their husbands. That’s where we are. We not on this, “Oh, I — I do what I want.” We don’t do that.

WHITE WOMAN: No!

BEATTY: That’s not our community. And you would understand, I know you understand what I’m saying.

WHITE WOMAN: Come on.

BEATTY: We don’t do that. But yet these people are hijacking our movement. And the Democratic Party, they’re trying to hijack us as well. No!

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/muhammad-ali-black-lives-matter-blm-racist/2020/06/20/id/973240/?fbclid=IwAR0-SqsniskyGcqR2wXqISVrugRwkYiXIWr6rGFKAYgEJrP-Y8XqtFeKapM

The son of Muhammad Ali said his father would not agree with Black Lives Matter, referring to the cause as "racist" and its members as "devils," according to the New York Post.

Speaking on the fourth anniversary of the iconic boxer's death, Muhammad Ali Jr. talked about how the protests devolved into looting and violence in response to the death of George Floyd.

"Don't bust up s**t, don't trash the place," Ali told the Post. "You can peacefully protest.

"My father would have said, 'They ain't nothing but devils.' My father said all lives matter. I don't think he'd agree," Ali said.

Ali called the Black Lives Matter movement divisive.

"I think it's racist," Ali said. "It's not just Black Lives Matter, white lives matter, Chinese lives matter, all lives matter, everybody's life matters. God loves everyone — he never singled anyone out. Killing is wrong no matter who it is."

He praised President Donald Trump's leadership while in office, saying his father would approve of his work.

"I think Trump's a good president," Ali said. "My father would have supported him. Trump's not a racist. He's for all the people. Democrats are the ones who are racist and not for everybody."

Ali continued, "These [Democrat politicians] saying Black Lives Matter, who the hell are you to say that? You're not even black."

He went on to recount two instances where he was detained and questioned by the TSA after Trump issued a travel ban on seven Muslim-majority countries. Each time Ali was released.

Even after the detainment, Ali contends he has never been profiled by the police because of his race.

"Not all the police are bad, there's just a few," he said. "There's a handful of police that are crooked; they should be locked up. I never had a bad scene with a cop. They've always been nice and protect me. I don't have a problem with them."

He even called out former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton as a prime example of the apathy Democrats have for the black community.

"Democrats don't give a s**t about anybody. Hillary Clinton doesn't give a s**t; she's trying not to get locked up," Ali said.

He added, "Trump is much better than Clinton and Obama.

"The only one to do what he said he would do is Donald Trump."

Well this guy must be a racist......wait......Ok, I'm not sure.......HELP ME....

9 minutes ago, swordfish said:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/muhammad-ali-black-lives-matter-blm-racist/2020/06/20/id/973240/?fbclid=IwAR0-SqsniskyGcqR2wXqISVrugRwkYiXIWr6rGFKAYgEJrP-Y8XqtFeKapM

The son of Muhammad Ali said his father would not agree with Black Lives Matter, referring to the cause as "racist" and its members as "devils," according to the New York Post.

Speaking on the fourth anniversary of the iconic boxer's death, Muhammad Ali Jr. talked about how the protests devolved into looting and violence in response to the death of George Floyd.

"Don't bust up s**t, don't trash the place," Ali told the Post. "You can peacefully protest.

"My father would have said, 'They ain't nothing but devils.' My father said all lives matter. I don't think he'd agree," Ali said.

Ali called the Black Lives Matter movement divisive.

"I think it's racist," Ali said. "It's not just Black Lives Matter, white lives matter, Chinese lives matter, all lives matter, everybody's life matters. God loves everyone — he never singled anyone out. Killing is wrong no matter who it is."

He praised President Donald Trump's leadership while in office, saying his father would approve of his work.

"I think Trump's a good president," Ali said. "My father would have supported him. Trump's not a racist. He's for all the people. Democrats are the ones who are racist and not for everybody."

Ali continued, "These [Democrat politicians] saying Black Lives Matter, who the hell are you to say that? You're not even black."

He went on to recount two instances where he was detained and questioned by the TSA after Trump issued a travel ban on seven Muslim-majority countries. Each time Ali was released.

Even after the detainment, Ali contends he has never been profiled by the police because of his race.

"Not all the police are bad, there's just a few," he said. "There's a handful of police that are crooked; they should be locked up. I never had a bad scene with a cop. They've always been nice and protect me. I don't have a problem with them."

He even called out former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton as a prime example of the apathy Democrats have for the black community.

"Democrats don't give a s**t about anybody. Hillary Clinton doesn't give a s**t; she's trying not to get locked up," Ali said.

He added, "Trump is much better than Clinton and Obama.

"The only one to do what he said he would do is Donald Trump."

Well this guy must be a racist......wait......Ok, I'm not sure.......HELP ME....

"Protestors" Deface Bust of Miguel Cervantes, a Former Slave

https://mises.org/wire/protestors-deface-bust-miguel-cervantes-former-slave

In a bit of ironic vandalism, San Francisco protestors painted "bastard" on a bust of Miguel Cervantes and defaced it in other ways. It's hard to image what the motivation was behind attacking the Cervantes bust, beyond, of course, total ignorance of who he even was. Cervantes was a sixteenth-century writer who penned Don Quixote, possibly the most influential work of Spanish-language literature ever written.

Did the protestors even know who Cervantes was? It's impossible to know. Perhaps his "crime" was being a white man, although that is not even known for sure, and Cervantes may have been descended from Spain's large Sephardic Jewish population, as was the case for many Spaniards whose ancestors had been "encouraged" to convert to Christianity in the fifteenth and sixteenth century.

Crowd beat up on the statue after and tagged it, plus a nearby statue of Cervantes for good measure pic.twitter.com/F7foXW1ez6

— Joe Rivano Barros (@jrivanob) June 20, 2020

The great irony here, however, is that Cervantes, unlike every person "protesting" Cervantes's image, knew what it was like to be a slave. As described by Fiona MacDonald for the BBC:

In 1575, after fighting in military campaigns against the Turks in the Mediterranean, the Spaniard was captured by Barbary pirates and taken to Algiers. There, he was kept as a slave for five years. When he was freed – with a ransom raised by Trinitarian friars attached to the convent he was to be buried beneath – he had become the man who would write one of the greatest novels in history.

“His five-year captivity in Algiers left an indelible impression on his fiction,” Cervantes scholar María Antonia Garcés tells BBC Culture. “From the first works written after his liberation, such as the play Life in Algiers (c. 1581-1583) and his novel La Galatea (1585), to his posthumous book The Trials of Persiles and Sigismunda (1617), the story of this traumatic experience continuously speaks through his work.”

Cervantes was just one of countless Europeans enslaved by slave traders (especially the Muslim Barbary Pirates) over the centuries, kidnapped in coastal raids by pirates along the coasts of Italy, Britain, Ireland, and the eastern Mediterranean. Saint Patrick, of course, had been enslaved in such a way, by Irish pirates.

Such nuances of history, of course, matter nothing to the protestors or indeed to Americans in general. The average American (whether white, black, Left, or Right) knows about as much about the sixteenth century (or any century before the twenthieth) as he knows about the intricacies of astrophysics.

So we should not be surprised that the protestors are also vandalizing statues of abolitionists, such as happened to a memorial for Philadelphia abolitionist Mathias Baldwin.

Thomas Jefferson Must Stand

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/06/thomas-jefferson-great-but-imperfect-man/

They’re coming for Thomas Jefferson.

This was always obvious, but now it’s even more plain. Protesters in Portland, Ore., used axes and ropes to topple a statue of President Thomas Jefferson. The New York City Council is agitating to remove a statue of the author of the Declaration of Independence from its chambers.

At this rate, the Sage of Monticello will be lucky if the Jefferson Memorial isn’t bulldozed and if he isn’t effaced from the nickel.

Jefferson is, to use the argot of the day, the most “problematic” of the Founders. The Virginian was a slave owner who, despite his high ideals, never jettisoned an attachment to the slave system that was a hideous injustice and, in the fullness of time, nearly destroyed the country.

But that’s not what we honor him for.

Jefferson isn’t memorialized on the Mall in Washington, D.C., and elsewhere around the country because of the racist things he wrote in Notes on the State of Virginia.

He doesn’t have a place of honor in American history because of his (now widely accepted by historians) sexual relationship with one of his slaves, Sally Hemings, who was the half-sister of his late wife.

He isn’t held up as among our most exalted Founders because of his fear of slave revolts and his ever-closer association with the slave South as he grew older.

No, Jefferson is on a pedestal for achievements that still define the country today, and for the better.

He wrote the ringing lines in the preamble of the Declaration that eventually took on world-historical importance and were used as a rhetorical and philosophical cudgel against the slave system and white supremacy by the likes of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King.

He was a theorist, champion, and able practitioner of what we know as Jeffersonian democracy, “government of the people, by the people, for the people,” as Lincoln famously put it at Gettysburg.

He wrote the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom that became a model for the First Amendment, and he worked to abolish feudal relics such as entail and primogeniture.

As president, he doubled the size of the country in a stroke with the Louisiana Purchase.

He was a man of the Enlightenment, with incredibly wide-ranging interests from architecture to natural history and — in addition to serving as president, secretary of state, and governor — founded the University of Virginia.

All of this speaks to his greatness, but none of it is to deny his miserable human failures and his woeful hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy, though, cuts both ways. Would we have preferred that all of America’s 18th-century slave owners were intellectually consistent and hewed solely to the doctrine of white supremacy? Or, do we demand that all our heroes be spotless, uncomplicated, and without sin? There are such people, but most of them have not been notable statesmen.

That Jefferson was deeply compromised by the slave system and yet rose above his own sectional and selfish interests to enunciate timeless principles should be considered an accomplishment, not a reason to relegate him to the ash heap. He always maintained that slavery was unjust and, early in his career, tried to abolish slavery in Virginia and prohibit the introduction of slavery in new western lands.

He could have been the South Carolina politician John C. Calhoun, who poured himself into discrediting Jefferson’s defense of natural rights and justifying the South’s coming secession. Instead, he was a much more complex, praiseworthy, and consequential figure — tragic and flawed, to be sure, but unquestionably an adornment to his country.

The woke philistines who are targeting him are incapable of thought or discernment and want to jettison much of the country’s heritage. A historian once said, “If Jefferson was wrong, America is wrong.” Those who want to grind his memory to dust clearly accept both parts of that formulation — and indict not just Jefferson, but the America he helped define.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, gonzoron said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'BLACK MALTER act.tv DONT SHOOT PROTESTORS AREN'T TRYING TO START A RACE WAR -WE'RE TRYING TO END ONE. FREDERICK JOSEPH @FredTJoseph'

BLM proudly supports its belief that all black Americans should receive a guaranteed income, free healthcare, schooling, food, real estate; bring an end to all jails as we know them; disrupt the traditional family; demand reparations on behalf of foreign nations; and form a global liberation movement that will overturn US imperialism, way of live capitalism as we know it. 

• Like 1

What happens when demand for racism far outstrips supply?

https://spectator.org/nascar-noose-garage-door-bubba-wallace/

The “noose” found in the team garage of black NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace on Sunday turns out to be a garage door pull rope that had been installed last October. Oops. 

It took a full two days and an investigation by the FBI for this information to be disclosed. That was enough time for the hysteria over this imagined hate crime to metastasize into a full-blown media circus. NASCAR was quick to announce that it was “angry and outraged” over the “heinous act” of racism presumably embodied by the offending door cord. A group of drivers organized a solemn religious procession with Wallace as its living martyr, after which NASCAR legend Jimmie Johnson told a reporter that his “blood was boiling” when he first found out about the alleged hate crime.

Wallace himself gave multiple statements to the media about the racist rope, declaring that it was a “painful reminder of how much further we have to go as a society and how persistent we must be in the fight against racism,” and later telling CNN that “This will not break me. I will not give in, nor back down.” It was all a moving display of defiance toward America’s most racist garage implement. 

None of this is normal behavior. A professional technician in the racing industry apparently needed the help of 15 federal agents to recognize a garage door pull rope. NASCAR, whose own staff presumably installed the rope, decided to immediately kowtow before the media and call the FBI rather than spend a few hours verifying the claim and asking basic questions. The mainstream media, for their part, instantly took the opportunity to accuse all NASCAR fans of being racist.  

Of course, this is not a normal time. The demand for racism intensifies by the day. Our generous corporate overlords have committed enough hard cash to escalate our country-wide anti-racist crusade to unprecedented new heights. One small problem remains: where’s the supply? 

Hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of donations and book deals, dozens of hours of media coverage, and priceless social prestige are all being offered as potential bounties for anyone who can bring in racism, dead or alive. As with government subsidies, grifters are inevitable. They will come in many forms, from “respectable” grifters like Robin DiAngelo to the occasional mass hysteria opportunist (like Bubba Wallace) or shameless hoaxer (Jussie Smollett). But come they will, and so indifference will become racism, silence will become violence, up will become down, and garage door ropes will become nooses.  

10 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

R E Lee never repented. None of the leaders of the CSA ever repented. 

I feel the same about “repentance” as John Nance Garner felt about the vice-presidency: “it ain’t worth a bucket of warm piss.”

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/protesters-designate-park-black-out-zone-for-black-people-only-segregation-is-apparently-back/?fbclid=IwAR3za5-0GZI8nicOf33qAqsTyKRieOu-Hbvd8uSbnmk0xDjiHPzFEUHUKKI

Protesters designate park “Black Out” zone, for black people only. Segregation is apparently back.

Share: 

SEATTLE, WA – At Cal Anderson Park in Washington State, a scene from the 1950’s plays out, only in reverse. 

Apparently, organizers in the area decided it was time that black people, and only black people, were allowed into the park for several hours to provide a safe place for them to “heal.” 

The organizers felt that the “string” of black people killed recently by police, captured on video, has caused such a disturbance that the black community there needed to be free from any and all other races. 

So, they set up the “black out zone,” where only black people were allowed to be in the park.

White people stood guard at the entrance and around the park to inform everyone in the area that was not of black heritage that they were unwelcome. 

A man taking a video was met by a white woman who said:

“This space is held right now for just black folks.”

The man clarified that it was for “full black” people only, and the woman said:

“Um…if you have black ancestry or, um…like, if you’ve experienced oppression because you are black, then you can enter this space.”

One of the persons interviewed by King 5, described as a co-organizer, states that they needed to provide a space where black people could “breathe and heal.”  They chose not to have anyone other than black people in the space because they did not want people in there that would say “all lives matter” or try to “discredit” what they are doing.

The park was apparently only needed as a black people only space until 8 pm. 

Perhaps the organizers of this event have never heard of Martin Luther King, Jr. 

One would have to believe that if they had, they would know that this man, a Christian Pastor, literally gave his life in order to integrate white and black people. To bring the races together. That Mr. King pushed for peaceful demonstrations and any violence that occurred when he was in charge was rare. 

Perhaps they are unaware of the years he fought the system and eventually, his blood, sweat and tears began to fix a system for the better in America, that all should be included and feel welcome. 

The organizers have totally missed the history lesson in his famous speech, I have a Dream. 

An excerpt from this speech is as follows:

“I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.” 

Apparently, at least for the organizers of the event, his speech only was meant for those states that he specifically mentions, and that table of brotherhood he mentions, must not exist at Cal Anderson Park.

Perhaps they also do not know of Rosa Parks, a black woman and hero in her time for standing up against segregation and racism.  They now know that Ms. Parks was riding in the bus when a white man got on.  Of course, during that time, in 1956, if a white man entered onto the bus, all people of color had to move in order to accommodate the white man. 

Ms. Parks stood her ground and refused to be moved as she had paid her fare.  The police responded and Ms. Parks was arrested, for merely trying to ride the bus with white people.

If the organizers knew of the history, the people of color who fought and died for the right to be considered equal to whites, I would be confused as to why they would insist on segregating themselves from white people.  

The problem seems to be that the organizers of this event feel as if they have either been victimized so much as a race that no one else can sympathize and feel their pain.  If that is not the case, then they must believe that blacks are superior and must be treated as such. 

In any case, separating yourselves from other races is the exact opposite of what needs to happen in America.  In America, we unite in times of trouble and strife.  We do not divide ourselves.

Wait - So segregation is now in vogue......?