Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Suspended or cancelled season

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

More than 200 Delaware Community students quarantined

Appears to be turning into a complete debacle

It is...its why we can't have nice things. 

2 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

The top lawyer of all time has said the government can mandate a vaccine which is good news for all

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9rNTqCD3N-4

All pharmaceutical manufacturers will be exempt from any COVID-19 vaccine liability claims. A recent CBS poll stated 70% of Americans will wait to receive a new vaccine or will not receive one at all. The government will have a serious challenge attempting to enforce a mandatory vaccine on 231 million Americans who do not trust the safety of a new vaccine where the manufacturers have been granted immunity from any liability.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Good to see Marion county defer to health experts where as in lake county the decision was made by school boards with no medical experience . 

Had Whiting had a single covid issue in any sport in july or august?

@Muda69  thank you for your support

What would be great is if on this main forum here, that we can use words to get our meaning across with having to substitute *** for the missing letter on the naughty list 

Seems to some misconception on this main forum that you can use language that Coach TA would say could cost you a Yellow Penalty flag and replacing said word with * still makes it the word....   

I know its just a word, and I know that the folks have been given leeway in OOB area, but on the main forum, I choose to continue to moderate in the same way and spirit as Coach Adams did. 

In my opinion, when you have to use different naughty language to try to get your point across anyway, you lose your credibility in the 1st place.   just one guys opinion 

I would also say the last 2 pages as once again turned into another OOB Soap Opera:   

I would love not to lock yet another one....  choice is in the users. 

• Like 2

I keep saying it but cancelling football will not help slow the spread whatsoever. With football, the players are screened and monitored every day. They have motivation; use social distancing and precautions or don't play. They have accountability, or at least a sense of it. Because of their schedules they pretty much only have time to be around family/friends and the team, so any cases can be tightly quarantined if addressed quick enough. The list of pros is not limited here either. Take football away from all these student athletes and their morale suffers, their mental health suffers, their motivation to do well in school suffers, they probably move on with carelessness as far as precautions go, and they probably go to parties and vacations as well. I hope the decision makers involved are carefully considering all pros, cons, and outcomes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

@Muda69  thank you for your support

What would be great is if on this main forum here, that we can use words to get our meaning across with having to substitute *** for the missing letter on the naughty list 

What would be great, and polite, would be a PM to the offending party stating this very thing.  

My apologies if I offended any sensitive ears with my words.  In the future I will endeavor to use different words when attempting to convey chaos or uncertainty regarding certain matters or situations. 

I'm sure nobody here has uttered such naughty words while stalking the sidelines of a children's tackle football game.

• Disdain 1

39 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Take football away from all these student athletes and their morale suffers, their mental health suffers, their motivation to do well in school suffers, they probably move on with carelessness as far as precautions go, and they probably go to parties and vacations as well. 

Good grief. Engage in hyperbole much?

Or maybe many of them can get part-time employment in order to pay for their gas, insurance, dates,  etc.  Or help their parents in keeping a roof over their heads and food on the table.

59 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I keep saying it but cancelling football will not help slow the spread whatsoever. With football, the players are screened and monitored every day. They have motivation; use social distancing and precautions or don't play. They have accountability, or at least a sense of it. Because of their schedules they pretty much only have time to be around family/friends and the team, so any cases can be tightly quarantined if addressed quick enough. The list of pros is not limited here either. Take football away from all these student athletes and their morale suffers, their mental health suffers, their motivation to do well in school suffers, they probably move on with carelessness as far as precautions go, and they probably go to parties and vacations as well. I hope the decision makers involved are carefully considering all pros, cons, and outcomes.

What about all the non athletes at the school? They aren't screened and monitored like athletes are.. Are they gonna social distance and take every precaution? No they won't... And those kids in return end up screwing over the athletes...cause it'll cause spread in the school....and a few athletes end up getting covid.

It is so easy for college athletes to say they want to play but how? Are colleges gonna make regular students and student athletes attend classes at same time? Are they gonna let them mingle? Let the athletes live in regular dorms? That's the easiest way to get a season cancelled. Id get it if they did a bubble to where only student athletes are at school and all other students do classes online at home...but that would force ncaa to say amateurism is a sham. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

Just now, Julio said:

Muda, I am not sure where you are located, but most students do not need to get a part time job.  So if work is not an option and there is no football, what do you think they will do?

I currently reside in Frankfort, Indiana. Many in this community do struggle to makes ends meet.  According to the latest Indiana DOE data 78.4% of student are classified as "economically disadvantaged"  (I assume this percentage is derived from the number of students on free/reduced lunches and or textbooks).    Some have to make the choice between sports or helping to provide for their families.  Others may have a secure roof over their heads and food on the table, but little else.  A part time job goes a long way to provide those things that the children in more affluent communities take for granted, and allows them the luxury of participating in an extra-curricular endeavor like tackle football.

13 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

What about all the non athletes at the school? They aren't screened and monitored like athletes are.. Are they gonna social distance and take every precaution? No they won't... And those kids in return and up screwing over the athletes...cause it'll cause spread in the school..

Athletes = rules followers.  Non-athletes = rule breakers.  Got it.

58 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What would be great, and polite, would be a PM to the offending party stating this very thing.  

My apologies if I offended any sensitive ears with my words.  In the future I will endeavor to use different words when attempting to convey chaos or uncertainty regarding certain matters or situations. 

I'm sure nobody here has uttered such naughty words while stalking the sidelines of a children's tackle football game.

snowflake

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Good grief. Engage in hyperbole much?

Or maybe many of them can get part-time employment in order to pay for their gas, insurance, dates,  etc.  Or help their parents in keeping a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Good grief. Engage in realism much?

It's called reading the room, or even common sense, if you will. I've had conversations with football coaches, players, parents, teachers, and social workers. Many are very concerned about the repercussions of taking the season away. Yeah, maybe they "can" go get jobs or focus on their education, and some will. I know some kids personally that will have no problem transitioning from sports to working/improving grades. But let's be REALISTIC here. What percent of student athletes that lose their season do you realistically think are going to get this sudden motivation or inspiration to go get a job or study more to get better grades? Based on the sample size of who I have talked to, I would say maybe 10% to be generous. We haven't even considered the kids who go to school/try to be eligible just because of football. Majority of kids will not naturally or wisely replace that motivation. It is not hyperbole when these are real, impending issues we have to consider. 

1 minute ago, Football Fanatic said:

Good grief. Engage in realism much?

It's called reading the room, or even common sense, if you will. I've had conversations with football coaches, players, parents, teachers, and social workers. Many are very concerned about the repercussions of taking the season away. Yeah, maybe they "can" go get jobs or focus on their education, and some will. I know some kids personally that will have no problem transitioning from sports to working/improving grades. But let's be REALISTIC here. What percent of student athletes that lose their season do you realistically think are going to get this sudden motivation or inspiration to go get a job or study more to get better grades? Based on the sample size of who I have talked to, I would say maybe 10% to be generous. We haven't even considered the kids who go to school/try to be eligible just because of football. Majority of kids will not naturally or wisely replace that motivation. It is not hyperbole when these are real, impending issues we have to consider. 

I am a supporter of an inner city Indianapolis Public School. Parental guidance is the primary weakness with these kids. Without sports these youths will run the streets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Warren Central has cancelled their week 1 game against Center Grove as they have too many coaches and players in quarantine. 

It is what it is. If people cannot social distance and use all precautions, games will be cancelled and seasons will be shut down. 

Lol you advocate for that however football can’t be socially distanced see the problem they are facing?

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

Warren Central has cancelled their week 1 game against Center Grove as they have too many coaches and players in quarantine. 

It is what it is. If people cannot social distance and use all precautions, games will be cancelled and seasons will be shut down. 

This wreaks of a “business decision” on Warren’s part.  The recent story said they had ONE JV player in quarantine and my source says they have “a few” JV players in quarantine.

You're telling me that a school of 3700 can’t field enough healthy players to play a game?  Give me a break.  CG was set to hang 30+ on them and they bailed while using the kids’ “safety” as a smoke screen.  

This is a 1A type move, not big/bad Warren who used to take on all comers.  A true sign of the times...

Akin to Akron claiming mechanical failure on their bus ride to Ohio State...

Edited by Guest