Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Last Minute Decisions (IHSAA)

9 hours ago, Titan32 said:

On a related note, it looks like Dubois County HD is going to allow 50% capacity at Southridge.  Gibson to be announced soon.

Darn straight- if schools can be in session, then athletics should be played. Simple as that. (No idea what the Big Ten was thinking??! How on earth can you justify 30k on a college campus, living in dorms, communal bathrooms, frat parties- but yet won’t let 22 guys on a football field?) 

We ain’t afraid of no Rona down here in Southern Indiana! 

• Sad 1
  • Disdain 1

4 hours ago, jets said:

straight- if schools can be in session, then athletics should be played. Simple as that. (No idea what the Big Ten was thinking??! How on earth can you justify 30k on a college campus, living in dorms, communal bathrooms, frat parties- but yet won’t let 22 guys on a football field?) 

We ain’t afraid of no Rona down here in Southern Indiana! 

Didnt North Central, Riverton Parke and North Vermillion cancel a few games already?

19 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Didnt North Central, Riverton Parke and North Vermillion cancel a few games already?

North Central (Farmersburg) is the only one of those three who definitely qualify as "southern" by geography.  RP and NV may fall in "southern sectionals but if you look at a map, they are solidly in the more "central" part of the state. Not that it matters much... carry on...

2 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Notice anything odd about Indiana in the graphic provided?

E4A2E7B4-82CB-4688-8D02-FE31BF437841.jpeg

What exactly is your point in posting this?

I feel like my teenager just said ‘Well, look at what my friends are doing. Why can’t I?’

I tell him. ‘Be a man and think for yourself.’ I don’t know you personally, so I won’t tell you that, but it’s not bad advice.

I could care less what Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, or any other state is doing.

July 17th: Vanderburgh County had a 51 new cases per day average. As of today that had dropped to 34. (33% decrease)

July 18th: ISDH District 10 (which is SW Indiana, including @jets Dubious County.) There were 104 new cases per day average. Today that is 65. (38% decrease) 

These numbers are not what they need to be, but they are clearly trending in the right direction. I’m sorry if that offends you or maybe it’s just that we are playing football.

We are doing just fine in Southern Indiana without your input. (And look at map @TheStatGuy. Seriously- Farmersburg is ‘southern’?? GMAB)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

What exactly is your point in posting this?

I feel like my teenager just said ‘Well, look at what my friends are doing. Why can’t I?’

I tell him. ‘Be a man and think for yourself.’ I don’t know you personally, so I won’t tell you that, but it’s not bad advice.

I could care less what Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, or any other state is doing.

July 17th: Vanderburgh County had a 51 new cases per day average. As of today that had dropped to 34. (33% decrease)

July 18th: ISDH District 10 (which is SW Indiana, including @jets Dubious County.) There were 104 new cases per day average. Today that is 65. (38% decrease) 

These numbers are not what they need to be, but they are clearly trending in the right direction. I’m sorry if that offends you or maybe it’s just that we are playing football.

We are doing just fine in Southern Indiana without your input. (And look at map @TheStatGuy. Seriously- Farmersburg is ‘southern’?? GMAB)

Yeah my school isn’t playing season cancelled. Just wait till the towel is thrown in and there a partial or even worse the ihsaa refuses to have a tourney due to not enough teams. On the flip side I do see the argument of playing now due to high level players opting out due to college obligations. I guess anyway you look at it there Is no good answer.