Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Are seniors allowed to play JV

The question was so simple - can seniors play JV?  Yes, they can.

Oh how it turns because someone stirs the pot.  I'll ask another simple question?  Is it not up to the coach if he wants to allow this or not?  

Four pages of this.  I need to find a better hobby!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

That’s sad you can you let someone bother you. Just tune people out, don’t respond, or respond to posts you like.

Exactly.  Amazing how easily people let themselves become offended by simple words when such statements really do them  zero harm.

I appreciate the kind words @SenatorFan 

However, in this case, Muda was calling shenanigans on @DanteEstonia  

All I attempt to do is move conversations in the postive direction, provide data and personal experience of my current 17 year career coaching this great game and my 10 years of being part of the post TA led forum.    

I believe the @Muda69 and @DT of the world do have a place here, sometimes they need to be reigned in a bit, and DT will tell you he enjoys throwing stuff at the wall and watching the outcomes unfold, few times to the good, many times not so much.   I have learned long ago through a lot of experience is sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.   

As @eschnur66 stated in another thread, folks need to learn how to disagree without going 0-60 in 3 seconds.    Then it just becomes noise.   

So at the end of the day, my Chili eating friend @Ballhawk  said it correctly below here:   

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Oh how it turns because someone stirs the pot.  I'll ask another simple question?  Is it not up to the coach if he wants to allow this or not?  

9 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I appreciate the kind words @SenatorFan 

However, in this case, Muda was calling shenanigans on @DanteEstonia  

All I attempt to do is move conversations in the postive direction, provide data and personal experience of my current 17 year career coaching this great game and my 10 years of being part of the post TA led forum.    

I believe the @Muda69 and @DT of the world do have a place here, sometimes they need to be reigned in a bit, and DT will tell you he enjoys throwing stuff at the wall and watching the outcomes unfold, few times to the good, many times not so much.   I have learned long ago through a lot of experience is sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.   

As @eschnur66 stated in another thread, folks need to learn how to disagree without going 0-60 in 3 seconds.    Then it just becomes noise.   

So at the end of the day, my Chili eating friend @Ballhawk  said it correctly below here:   

Love chili.  🙂

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Why?

Because seniors are seniors and belong on the varsity roster.  If allowed to remain JV, they take away valuable developmental opportunities for underclassmen, who deserve every opportunity to show the coaching staff what they can do.

Seniors have had their opportunity.

7 minutes ago, DT said:

Because seniors are seniors and belong on the varsity roster.  If allowed to remain JV, they take away valuable developmental opportunities for underclassmen, who deserve every opportunity to show the coaching staff what they can do.

Seniors have had their opportunity.

Rudy wasn't.

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Rudy wasn't.

Im also for minimum roster requirements.  I think hard and fast rules like no seniors on JV and minimum roster size by class would force some of the bottom feeders to volumtarily contract.  

1 minute ago, DT said:

Im also for minimum roster requirements.  I think hard and fast rules like no seniors on JV and minimum roster size by class would force some of the bottom feeders to volumtarily contract.  

I thought you were on Hiatus?

• Haha 1

Late to the discussion. My opinion - I don't like seniors playing JV. I guess my idea of "junior varsity" does not include seniors, going by the literal term. Let's call it "reserve varsity" or something like that and it would make more sense. However, I think it should be allowed in special circumstances where the head coach deems it essential and fair. For example - senior who shows up every day and works hard but is simply not good enough to get any varsity time. 

On 10/13/2020 at 4:42 AM, Ballhawk said:

My senior class at BNL had 11 seniors; 4 played JV.