Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Are seniors allowed to play JV

4 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

And the last line of course just shows how little you actually know.  Lets not forget, if not for those that couldn't CUT IT in the non military world, you wouldn't have the liberties to spout the crap you are spouting now out of you suck hole. You DISGUST ME.  Dont bother responding.

We hear the same thing about teachers all of the time.  When teachers transition to public life, they are often the first hired.  They are often the first called and stick on juries.  The list goes on and on.  It's male genders like him that make me sick in the stands.  Sure, I call out the coach for not seeing that Eastside is going to throw deep because there isn't anyone back there....:)..., but I'm not going to be a male member about kids wanting to enjoy their high school days, nor pretending I now about military members (other than my dad, uncle (lifetime), grandpa (lifetime) and what I hear about teachers in a similar vein.  

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Not going to read all response but Jv is for underdeveloped freshman and sophomore. Seniors have no business playing JV

Where do you coach/teach?  

57 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

I have no idea I live 1700 miles away. In regards to whiting I’m baffled by the low turnout. 

Then, Shut The Front Door, please.  It's drafty in here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robert said:

Where do you coach/teach?  

Never had interest in coaching or teaching I have finance degree and mba. But if I won the lottery I would definitely love to come home and coach whiting.

played high school and college so I know a lot about the game.

4 hours ago, DT said:

I'm so sick and tired of this bleeding heart military crap.   I'm sure the kid is a fine young man.  But as a senior, he had his chance and didn't make it.  Now he is taking valuable developmental time away from an underclassmen

Do the honorable thing seniors.  Step aside and let the young kids have their chance to shine.  

Let's not forget that military service is also the last resort for many who couldn't make it in the non military world

I’m really enjoying your content and how you tell it how it is. My dad a Vietnam vet always told me growing you want to get good grades and go to college, you don’t want any part of the military. 

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

36 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

And if they don’t have the talent to play have them as managers or student coaches. Nothing wrong with that. You don’t see kids with 2.2 gpa on the science Olympiad. Kids that can’t sing in choir. And the list goes on.

Show Choir needs boys to build and construct and transport sets to competitions

Plus they get to be around the girls

Win win

39 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

And if they don’t have the talent to play have them as managers or student coaches. Nothing wrong with that. You don’t see kids with 2.2 gpa on the science Olympiad. Kids that can’t sing in choir. And the list goes on.

There certainly are kids who don't do well in other classes excelling in Science.  Alternatively, I know a guy who shouldn't have made the field based on grades, yet has NFL experience.  Do you work in a school?  

22 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Never had interest in coaching or teaching I have finance degree and mba. But if I won the lottery I would definitely love to come home and coach whiting.

played high school and college so I know a lot about the game.

I tend to look at things through a teacher's eyes.  I see these kids every day.  I've had a lot of training in child psychology, sociology, pedagogy, etc.  What some of you guys talk about is for sports outside of school.  Of course, things have changed since we, you, they were in school.  Teachers have become much more responsible for taking care of kids.    You might have a hard time coaching in today's world.  

10 minutes ago, DT said:

Show Choir needs boys to build and construct and transport sets to competitions

Plus they get to be around the girls

Win win

These douchey things that you say have their root somewhere.  

Edited by Robert

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

I tend to look at things through a teacher's eyes.  I see these kids every day.  I've had a lot of training in child psychology, sociology, pedagogy, etc.  What some of you guys talk about is for sports outside of school.  Of course, things have changed since we, you, they were in school.  Teachers have become much more responsible for taking care of kids.    You might have a hard time coaching in today's world.  

These douchey things that you say have their root somewhere.  

Douchey?

51 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Grades actually don't have anything to do with being on an academic team. I was an average, B- student and I was on academic teams. 

At Pioneer, there were several kids who were in choir who couldn't sing a lick, but took the class as an easy A.

How can so many people be so wrong on an opinion to a simple question.

I know how a senior can still play football and learn some serious life lessons.

The is Unified Flag Football in Indiana.  It give students who would never play high school sports a chance to say I played for Local Town High School.

You learn about people different from you, how to work together to make a team.  Who knows, they may become your best friends.

Unified Sports is going to grow and grow.  Maybe kids need to look at how they can make a contribution to their school.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

In my 65 years of watching Cathedral football and basketball, I've never seen a senior play JV.  Whether there's a rule or not,  I guess I've never cared.

That senior would be laughed out of the building and bullied mercilessly.  Thats why it doesn't happen

19 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

One of the kids that played JV at Winamac In 2017 is now defending yours and my freedom in the military. 

That one that played this past year is going to college to be a cop.

Apples vs. Oranges.   Nice try though.

5 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I absolutely don’t like anything about this guy.  Constantly thinks he’s better than everyone else, talks down to people.  I truly can’t say what I want to say on this board, but if you can imagine it, I’m thinking it.

And nobody is forcing you to read his posts.  If you offend/trigger you in such a negative way then I would suggest the GID "ignore" feature. I believe it is still enabled.

• Like 1

I’ve known some smaller schools (2-4A) that have used a few seniors on JV so that they could still field 3 teams and not have to pull up freshman.

If the choice was no JV game or use some seniors, I see no problem with it. In fact I would say it’s a pretty selfless act by the seniors to put the future of the program and their underclass teammates above their own egos. 

That is something commendable, IMO.

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

I’ve known some smaller schools (2-4A) that have used a few seniors on JV so that they could still field 3 teams and not have to pull up freshman.

If the choice was no JV game or use some seniors, I see no problem with it. In fact I would say it’s a pretty selfless act by the seniors to put the future of the program and their underclass teammates above their own egos. 

That is something commendable, IMO.

A senior who plays JV football has no ego