Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Roncalli starting to look like a 6A Program

Guest DT

11 hours ago, Grandpa B said:

Just rediculous.   You have been at this 20 years.  GIVE. IT. UP.  SF works.   Roncalli has one State Championship in past 15 years.   SF works.    You might get 5% support in the IHSAA to support a 2 bump up in class.  Want to know why?  SF Works.   It is enjoyable to come back on here every couple of years and see the calories you burn on this nonsense.  Appreciate the entertainment.   When my Grandsons who are two years old are playing for Roncalli and Guerin 12 years from now, I hope I can come back on here and get a couple of minutes more of enjoyment because I know you will still be at it!   

Welcome back! Just wanted to hop on to say that!

6 hours ago, Lysander said:

Gawd, I really do enjoy and appreciate the level of BS you are able to spew.

It’s well beyond my ability.....or even....remote willingness to.

Gotta give you credit.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean as regards “Whitewash”.

I got a good chuckle off the educate comment. Likens itself to James Jones and The Peoples Temple, about the same kind of educating going on. At any rate you would think someone adamant about a 2.0 multiplier would at least be able to name all of the P/P they are looking to apply it to (they are not all named), and also possibly add in Charter schools. At any rate I'll go back into hiatus so I am no longer deemed abusive. Good day sir take care of yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Here are you most likely 1A through 5A state champions:

1A: LCC

2A: Evansville Mater Dei

3A: Chatard

4A: Roncalli

5A: Cathedral

AKA a "Whitewash".

Nicely done

Just now, DT said:

Nicely done

Some folks just don't get it my man

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

AKA a "Whitewash".

I hope it works out this way. It will be grist for the GID mill for months to come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

AKA a "Whitewash".

And in 2018 it was:

• 5A New Palestine
  • 4A Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger
  • 3A West Lafayette
  • 2A Western Boone
  • 1A Pioneer

And in 2017 it was:

• 5A Columbus East
  • 4A East Central
  • 3A Evansville Memorial
  • 2A Southridge
  • 1A Pioneer

Maybe more like "Eggshell?"

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I hope it works out this way. It will be grist for the GID mill for months to come.

Especially given that LCC's a 45-point underdog against SA according to Harrell's.

Here's a wild idea.........

Wouldn't it be interesting if as the season went on, all schools classification was dynamic?  Meaning at the end of the regular season, the top 32 programs by Sagarin rating were in 6A.  The next 64 in 5A, the next 64 in 4a.......and so on........Would make for a very competitive tournament in all classes.

Of course you'd have some knuckleheads throwing games just to lower their Sagarin ratings......so I'm sure might drive the wrong behavior.

Edited by FBO

10 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Maybe more like "Eggshell?"

Especially given that LCC's a 45-point underdog against SA according to Harrell's.

Then I'll put LCC or Covenant Christian as the likely 1A State Champion.

And no, not an Eggshell.  Definitely a whitewash when 5 p/p schools, who with them and their p/p brethren make up only about 10% of all the football playing schools in the state, win 100% of the state titles of which they are eligible.

10 hours ago, DT said:

I have a whole new generation of readers here to educate RD.  It all starts with a spark.  COVID has helped to light that initial flame.  A PP whitewash at LOS will be the next key event.  After that, contraction will begin in earnest.  Stick around for the ride.

Fair enough.   What first came to mind when you said "stick around for the ride" is now waiting for the New Green Deal, elimination of gas cars, college debt loan foregiveness (don't get me started there!) , mandatory gun buy backs, defund the police, free child care,  no borders, etc.    Just like the 2.0 multiplier, I can't wait to watch this ride!   

33 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Then I'll put LCC or Covenant Christian as the likely 1A State Champion.

And no, not an Eggshell.  Definitely a whitewash when 5 p/p schools, who with them and their p/p brethren make up only about 10% of all the football playing schools in the state, win 100% of the state titles of which they are eligible.

Maybe more broadbrush ... again, while you "convincingly" posted a single season of data to make your point, the two seasons that I posted, which were ignored, don't.  And before you go with the "but Pioneer's an anomaly" storyline, LCC would not have gotten to LOS in 2017 if Pioneer wasn't there and would likely not have gotten past Adams Central in 2018 either.  Matter of fact, in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Pioneer's crossfield rival at LOS was a public school which means that those nasty old PPs out of the south were so dominant as we're led to believe with this year's bracket.

As for Covenant Christian, I think their strength of schedule catches up with them against South Adams.

19 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Maybe more broadbrush ... again, while you "convincingly" posted a single season of data to make your point, the two seasons that I posted, which were ignored, don't.  And before you go with the "but Pioneer's an anomaly" storyline, LCC would not have gotten to LOS in 2017 if Pioneer wasn't there and would likely not have gotten past Adams Central in 2018 either.  Matter of fact, in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Pioneer's crossfield rival at LOS was a public school which means that those nasty old PPs out of the south were so dominant as we're led to believe with this year's bracket.

As for Covenant Christian, I think their strength of schedule catches up with them against South Adams.

So when the p/p's most likely win 100% of the 1A - 5A state titles in a little over a week that is just an "anomaly storyline".  Got it.

And nice Hotzing on the Knights chances.  If anything it will be South Adams schedule who catches up with them.  After all haven't we all heard it time and time again that nothing prepares a team better for the tournament than a Hoosier Conference regular season schedule?

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So when the p/p's most likely win 100% of the 1A - 5A state titles in a little over a week that is just an "anomaly storyline".  Got it.

And nice Hotzing on the Knights chances.  If anything it will be South Adams schedule who catches up with them.  After all haven't we all heard it time and time again that nothing prepares a team better for the tournament than a Hoosier Conference regular season schedule?

The anomaly storyline is the one you keep pitching about Pioneer.  You make it sound like Pioneer has some secret going on and then dismiss their accomplishments in your zeal to stick a PP.  But again, if we want to go down the anomaly path, what's the storyline as to why your predictive scenario of 2020 wasn't to fruition in 2017 and 2018?

As for South Adams schedule, Sagarin shows it at 34.03 right along with LCC's at 36.06.  Covenant Christian's is down around 26.66.  As for the HC preparing a team; it certainly does, except that this year, LCC's only played a half HC schedule and two of its games were against the #9/#10 teams in the conference, so not much schedule strength to hang a hat on this season with four games missing of HC competition ... add to that that LCC hasn't even played a whole regular season yet and we're about to play semi-state tonight.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, foxbat said:

The anomaly storyline is the one you keep pitching about Pioneer.  You make it sound like Pioneer has some secret going on and then dismiss their accomplishments in your zeal to stick a PP.  But again, if we want to go down the anomaly path, what's the storyline as to why your predictive scenario of 2020 wasn't to fruition in 2017 and 2018?

I don't recall every pitching anything about Pioneer on this forum.

Easy, whenever at least one p/p doesn't win a class 1A through 5A state title it's a anomaly.  So we had two years of anomalies in 2017 and 2018.

12 hours ago, Muda69 said:

AKA a "Whitewash".

Looks like some of the opponents aren't quite believing what you are laying down ... at least at the half.

WeBo up 28-0 over MD.  Last week they dispatched a PP too.

SA 14-3 over LCC.

And just for good measure, visiting 1A Pioneer simply manhandling Luers 28-7 at the half.  Last week they also took out another PP.

4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Looks like some of the opponents aren't quite believing what you are laying down ... at least at the half.

SA 14-3 over LCC.

And just for good measure, visiting 1A Pioneer simply manhandling Luers 28-7 at the half.  Last week they also took out another PP.

Stop posting facts. STATE LAW!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, foxbat said:

SA 14-3 over LCC.

Oh well. You win some you lose some.  Looks like <insert deity here> isn't on those p/p's side tonight.

I just wish I was as smart and successful as you are, foxbat.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Oh well. You win some you lose some.  Looks like <insert deity here> isn't on those p/p's side tonight.

I just wish I was as smart and successful as you are, foxbat.

Ah, and there we have the classic Muda.  Keep it classy there!

Just now, PHJIrish said:

Cathedral and Bishop Chatard didn't disappoint the anti-PP fans though!🙂

Marian made Chatard work for it though.  That was a tight game.

13 hours ago, FBO said:

Here's a wild idea.........

Wouldn't it be interesting if as the season went on, all schools classification was dynamic?  Meaning at the end of the regular season, the top 32 programs by Sagarin rating were in 6A.  The next 64 in 5A, the next 64 in 4a.......and so on........Would make for a very competitive tournament in all classes.

Of course you'd have some knuckleheads throwing games just to lower their Sagarin ratings......so I'm sure might drive the wrong behavior.

Let’s do a formula combining enrollment and free/reduced lunch while we’re at it!

Roncalli would be a 25 point underdog to Center Grove this weekend.  They would be a 20 point underdog to Cathedral.  These are straight off the Sagarin Site updated after last nights game.   Roncalli would NEVER win a 6A title which is absolutely the motive of DT and Muda.   Roncalli has won one State Title in the last 15 years.  One.   The current system works.   Roncalli was rightfully moved up to 5A after their 2016 title.   They did not win a single playoff game (yes I know they played Cathedral - who by the way did not win in those two years either).   System works.   

27 minutes ago, Grandpa B said:

Roncalli would be a 25 point underdog to Center Grove this weekend.  They would be a 20 point underdog to Cathedral.  These are straight off the Sagarin Site updated after last nights game.   Roncalli would NEVER win a 6A title which is absolutely the motive of DT and Muda.   Roncalli has won one State Title in the last 15 years.  One.   The current system works.   Roncalli was rightfully moved up to 5A after their 2016 title.   They did not win a single playoff game (yes I know they played Cathedral - who by the way did not win in those two years either).   System works.   

Roncallis falloff can be attributed as much or more to the departure of Coach Scifres than to the introduction of the SF or any other mitigating factors

Just now, DT said:

Roncallis falloff can be attributed as much or more to the departure of Coach Scifres than to the introduction of the SF or any other mitigating factors

If the margins of victory play out like many project next weekend it’s not too far fetched to state that the best four teams in the state reside in four different classes...