Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Next Weekend’s Schedule...

7 hours ago, XStar said:

It also might be interesting because they MAY try to schedule it to limit the # of people in the building at one time rather than maximize it.  

Yes.  Never considered this myself and unsure if the IHSAA did either.  They may want to pull a 180 from your original idea, lol.

Will WeBo fans want to stick around and root for conference foe Danville?  What about neighboring county school Zionsville?

Will Zionsville fans want to cheer for conference member Westfield?

How about the Chatard, Roncalli, Cathedral contingent?  

This could get interesting...or ugly...depending on how you view things.

Edited by temptation

Looks like they went with the traditional 2-4-6 and 1-3-5 alignment.  That's too bad.  There's 2 teams from the Sagamore Conference and 2 teams from Boone County.  Unfortunately in both cases those games will be on different days now.  

Edited by XStar

2 hours ago, XStar said:

Looks like they went with the traditional 2-4-6 and 1-3-5 alignment.  That's too bad.  There's 2 teams from the Sagamore Conference and 2 teams from Boone County.  Unfortunately in both cases those games will be on different days now.  

I interpreted the IHSAA’s intention of setting the schedule as an attempt to boost PAID attendance, not the number of fans at any particular game. 

For example, fans are going to drive the ‘21 Miles’ to Lucas Oil whether they play Friday or Saturday. But I know plenty of people who drove the 200 miles from Evansville because Memorial (3A) and Reitz(4A) played back to back on Saturday morning in 2009. In 2018 they stayed home and watched both Memorial and Central in because 3/4A were separate days. 

More ticket sales was the goal not the value of watching two games was my interpretation. I could be wrong and also this year’s COVID math completely changes the equation too. 

Just posted:

Friday, Nov. 27

11 am ET | Class 2A State Championship

Fort Wayne Bishop Luers (8-6) vs. Western Boone (10-4)

3 pm ET | Class 4A State Championship

Hobart (11-2) vs. Roncalli (12-1)

7 pm ET | Class 6A State Championship

Westfield (12-1) vs. Center Grove (13-0)

Saturday, Nov. 28

11 am ET | Class A State Championship

South Adams (13-0) vs. Covenant Christian (14-0)

3 pm ET | Class 3A State Championship

Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (12-1) vs. Danville (11-0)

7 pm ET | Class 5A State Championship

Zionsville (7-5) vs. Indianapolis Cathedral (12-1)

5 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I interpreted the IHSAA’s intention of setting the schedule as an attempt to boost PAID attendance, not the number of fans at any particular game. 

For example, fans are going to drive the ‘21 Miles’ to Lucas Oil whether they play Friday or Saturday. But I know plenty of people who drove the 200 miles from Evansville because Memorial (3A) and Reitz(4A) played back to back on Saturday morning in 2009. In 2018 they stayed home and watched both Memorial and Central in because 3/4A were separate days. 

More ticket sales was the goal not the value of watching two games was my interpretation. I could be wrong and also this year’s COVID math completely changes the equation too. 

You’re exactly right. And when people criticize the IHSAA for the lineup — as some inevitably will — keep in mind that this is the first try at this ... in the middle of a pandemic. Cut people some slack. This was a very good idea. Let’s see how it works.

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

You’re exactly right. And when people criticize the IHSAA for the lineup — as some inevitably will — keep in mind that this is the first try at this ... in the middle of a pandemic. Cut people some slack. This was a very good idea. Let’s see how it works.

I think they did a pretty good job from what was released.  In fact, what could have they done better?  

I understood that the stadium is to be cleared after each game and sanitized before allowing the following game fans to enter the stadium.  Is this correct?  Honestly, in these times, it would be good if the fans of the two schools playing have first choice of the tickets for their game and the  choice of seating.

4 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I understood that the stadium is to be cleared after each game and sanitized before allowing the following game fans to enter the stadium.  Is this correct?  Honestly, in these times, it would be good if the fans of the two schools playing have first choice of the tickets for their game and the  choice of seating.

I believe that’s right. And if you look at the game times, the days start earlier, and there is a longer intermission between games.

4 hours ago, Julio said:

1A, 2A, and 4A all have the longest drive from the North, let them travel and play on Saturday.  Indy schools don’t have to travel so let them play on Friday.

This was what I thought would happen, but I'm good with whatever.

Any word on what the attendance restrictions are going to look like?

Update from IHSAA:

Site: Lucas Oil Stadium, 500 S. Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis | Website

Tickets: $15 per person. All tickets this year are reserved seating, will be socially distanced and for one specific game only. Tickets may be purchased at participating schools. Contact schools for ticket distribution hours. Purchase tickets in advance through a participating school and $1 for every ticket sold will be reimbursed to that school. Any remaining tickets from the schools will go on sale at the Lucas Oil Stadium ticket office on gameday.

Gates Open: Lucas Oil Stadium will open its gates to fans beginning at 10 am ET (one hour prior to kickoff of the first game) each day.

Television: All six state championship games will air live on Fox Sports Indiana.

Webstream: For viewers outside of the Fox Sports Indiana coverage area, a live stream will be available at IHSAAtv.org. For those within the FSI coverage area, the stream will be available only on delayed basis following the conclusion of the telecast.

Radio: Each game will be broadcast on affiliates of the IHSAA Champions Network.

Determining Home Team: Decided by coin flip between coaches at Monday meeting before IHSAA state finals.

Official Football: The Wilson 1003 GST, the official football of the IHSAA state tournament, will be used

On 11/21/2020 at 7:59 AM, Dave007 said:

Just posted:

Friday, Nov. 27

11 am ET | Class 2A State Championship

Fort Wayne Bishop Luers (8-6) vs. Western Boone (10-4)

3 pm ET | Class 4A State Championship

Hobart (11-2) vs. Roncalli (12-1)

7 pm ET | Class 6A State Championship

Westfield (12-1) vs. Center Grove (13-0)

Saturday, Nov. 28

11 am ET | Class A State Championship

South Adams (13-0) vs. Covenant Christian (14-0)

3 pm ET | Class 3A State Championship

Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (12-1) vs. Danville (11-0)

7 pm ET | Class 5A State Championship

Zionsville (7-5) vs. Indianapolis Cathedral (12-1)

Schedulers do what they do, and I’m gonna do what I do: offer up a little picking and grinning—

Luers v. Western Boone: A good friend of mine played at WeBo—Stars 32-27

Hobart v. Roncalli: Although I support my NCC compatriots, the Catholic redeem themselves 41-24 (non Old South Rebels)

Westfield v. Center Grove: in the words of Dennis Green, we all know who the Grovers are.  Sure, the Rocks do, too but the Trojans prevail 36-9.

South Adams v. Covenant Christian: Sure private schools have been pretty tough to beat at the Luke, I’m saying eh, SA by a 28-22 count.

Silas Chatard v. Danville: My mother looks down from Heaven on the Trojans’ 43-10 annihilation.

Cathedral v. Zionsville: 4 out of 6 ain’t bad for the Cult, Irish 47-20.