Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs. Zionsville - 5A State Championship Saturday @ 7PM

7 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Zionsville isn’t that bad

LOL...

I’ve never understood the high risk/low reward decision that goes into deciding to rush the punter unless the game is on the line.

What percentage of the time does it actually work?

Zionsville had them off the field.  Let’s see if they can man up and do it again.

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

That was a pretty weak ‘roughing’ IMO.

One of the primary factors in distinguishing roughing vs. running into is whether the contact is on the plant leg or the kicking leg. Here, although the contact was not huge, it was on the plant leg, which points in favor of roughing due to the higher risk of injury.

Did the announcer just say the Cathedral punter is the grandson of one of the ref's in this game? I swear he said that, even re-wound it to make sure...it's been a great called game so far, just shocked this would be allowed IF it's true...it was right after the penalty on the punt for illegal procedure...

Edited by rballart

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

One of the primary factors in distinguishing roughing vs. running into is whether the contact is on the plant leg or the kicking leg. Here, although the contact was not huge, it was on the plant leg, which points in favor of roughing due to the higher risk of injury.

Why was the taunting a dead ball foul when the play had not ended?

1 minute ago, Staxawax said:

Why was the taunting a dead ball foul when the play had not ended?

The taunting is unsportsmanlike conduct, which is always enforced like a dead ball foul, i.e., from the succeeding spot, regardless of whether it occurs during or after the play.

3 minutes ago, rballart said:

Did the announcer just say the Cathedral punter is the grandson of one of the ref's in this game? I swear he said that, even re-wound it to make sure...it's been a great called game so far, just shocked this would be allowed IF it's true...

The Cathedral punter is the grandson of a very well known retired official, who now works as an observer. I know, because I was sitting with him most of yesterday. There is no connection with any of the officials on this game. This crew is not from the Indy area.

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The Cathedral punter is the grandson of a very well known retired official, who now works as an observer. I know, because I was sitting with him most of yesterday. There is no connection with any of the officials on this game. This crew is not from the Indy area.

Selective hearing...

But I’m telling you, I saw the zebras TAKING from the collection plate pre game.

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Ok...that must've been what he was saying but the timing of his comment made it sound like it was in reference to one of the guys on the field...like I said, been a great called game, just surprised to hear that...thanks for clarifying...

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

LOL...

I’ve never understood the high risk/low reward decision that goes into deciding to rush the punter unless the game is on the line.

Me too.  Just not worth the risk unless you’re desperate.

Edited by Lysander