Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship: Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Western Boone Stars

18 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Luers making its first appearance since 2012 in the state finals.

Webo has won 17 straight 2A playoff games and trying to win their 3rd straight 2A championship.

But Luers is the school we’re supposed to be upset about if they win today, right? Just checking.

Ah, yes poor Luers...only TWO appearances in the last 8 years.

(They are making their ninth appearance since 2000 but I’m sure you already knew that which is why you cherry picked your stats.)

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Ah, yes poor Luers...only TWO appearances in the last 8 years.

(They are making their ninth appearance since 2000 but I’m sure you already knew that which is why you cherry picked your stats.)

I just repeated what the announcers said on the broadcast. So blame them for cherry picking. 

And yes. Please combine pre success factor and post success factor appearances because that is a complete picture as well.

Edited by oldtimeqb

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

No real dog in the fight actually but someone trying to build a case for why folks should be sympathetic to the private school is classic 2020.

My point was that if the team in white was St. Webo, I have a suspicion we would be discussing the weakness of a hard 2 year reclassification. Instead you want to turn it into a referendum on every P/P school in the state.

I don’t care who wins this game at all. Right now the game is hinging on 3rd and 4th down conversions and protecting the football. Just like every other game. 

I’m not an odd front fan, but I am curious to see how BL employs it against the Wing T and unbalanced looks of Webo.

4 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

Really poor end to the half by WeBo. Bad clock management and then a fumble......

Agree.

I thought they should've used a timeout early in half when they had Luers at 4th and 8.  That was a huge opportunity to get a stop that they missed.

Then I think they should've used their last timeout right before the fumble on the last play.  Would've stopped the clock with 30 seconds or so left and given them a few shots at the end zone.  Instead they looked rush and that probably resulted in the fumble.  I can understand not wanting to burn the timeout in case you got tackled in the field of play but I just think with the time left and the spot on the field, the timeout was the way to go there.  Until that point I thought they did a great job with clock management as they didn't want Luers to get the ball back with enough time to do anything.

• Like 1

Just now, XStar said:

Agree.

I thought they should've used a timeout early in half when they had Luers at 4th and 8.  That was a huge opportunity to get a stop that they missed.

Then I think they should've used their last timeout right before the fumble on the last play.  Would've stopped the clock with 30 seconds or so left and given them a few shots at the end zone.  Instead they looked rush and that probably resulted in the fumble.  I can understand not wanting to burn the timeout in case you got tackled in the field of play but I just think with the time left and the spot on the field, the timeout was the way to go there.  Until that point I thought they did a great job with clock management as they didn't want Luers to get the ball back with enough time to do anything.

WeBo took that timeout before their 3rd & 8 play. They let 40 seconds run off before that. Then I agree, they had to rush themselves. Then they decided to huddle with 40 seconds left and didn't run their play until 12 seconds left and then they fumbled. Even if they didn't fumble, they had no time for anything else. FG wasn't an option there after that missed XP.