Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship: Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Western Boone Stars

On 11/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, Purdue Pete said:

Not sure how u came to this conclusion.  Webo can’t throw the ball.  They’re oline is undersized.  This will be a pioneer repeat but worse.  Once webo gets down 10 they will try to throw the ball and it will quickly get ugly.  Luers wins by 28.

🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I had no idea the kicker from WeBo was Hunter Smith's son. 

That was one of the best games ive seen on tv (as far as hs goes)

Luers is gonna be so dang good next year. 

WeBo should be solid again. It'll be interesting to see how much their line bulks up.. Gonna need to be solid up front in 3A. 

They won’t be that good. Compared to the pioneers, eastsides, and mater dei’s of the world, they won’t fare well. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yep.  Great job by some rural farming community kids who have 1/3 of their school on free/reduced lunch who grew up in their community and worker their asses off.

Built a culture that did not exist prior to their arrival.

Kudos Stars!

That's the sweet spot for 2A public schools.  Public schools that have played at LOS for the last decade and the F/RL percentage:

•  
  • Woodlan* 27.63%
  • WeBo* 32.42%
  • Monrovia*  33.09%
  • Tipton 33.55%
  • Eastbrook* 34.42%
  • North Putnam 37.44%
  • Southridge* 39.00%
  • RCHS ** 41.09%
  • Whiting * 62.07

* Public schools that played at LOS without a PP opponent

** Public schools that played at LOS with a PP and won

BTW, for all of the talk about PP dominance, especially in the wake of SF, before this season, the previous five seasons in 2A have seen one PP team in those five years ... all the rest have been public schools including two appearances by WeBo and two by Eastbrook back-to-back.  And Eastbrook was there three times in that five-year period.

7 minutes ago, foxbat said:

That's the sweet spot for 2A public schools.  Public schools that have played at LOS for the last decade and the F/RL percentage:

•  
  • Woodlan* 27.63%
  • WeBo* 32.42%
  • Monrovia*  33.09%
  • Tipton 33.55%
  • Eastbrook* 34.42%
  • North Putnam 37.44%
  • Southridge* 39.00%
  • RCHS ** 41.09%
  • Whiting * 62.07

* Public schools that played at LOS without a PP opponent

** Public schools that played at LOS with a PP and won

BTW, for all of the talk about PP dominance, especially in the wake of SF, before this season, the previous five seasons in 2A have seen one PP team in those five years ... all the rest have been public schools including two appearances by WeBo and two by Eastbrook back-to-back.  And Eastbrook was there three times in that five-year period.

You left out Luers’.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

You left out Luers’.

1. Luers isn't a public school. 
  2. Even if you toss in Luers, you have two private schools in six seasons, as opposed to the previous five that referenced ... and they still loss.  Of course, if we are using this season too, then my statement about WeBo's two back-to-back appearances changes to three back-to-back appearances and wins.
  3. I'm not seeing Luers in the previous 5 years in 2A:

image.thumb.png.e87a4870fed6d2ad574f150c004807c5.png

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:
  2. Even if you toss in Luers, you have two private schools in six seasons, as opposed to the previous five that referenced ... and they still loss.  Of course, if we are using this season too, then my statement about WeBo's two back-to-back appearances changes to three back-to-back appearances and wins.

But..but...P/P 2A Dominance!! Public schools are at a disadvantage! 

6 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Gimme their % anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, temptation said:

Gimme their % anyway.

If IDOE posted it, I'd give it to you along with the one above.  About the closest thing I could find was a stat, a fact sheet, that talks about graduating student class for 2018.  There were 35 of 125 were free/reduced lunch. So that gives you 29.60% for Luers just a tad below WeBo and above Woodlan.  Note that the number could be higher because it is just a measure of the 2018 students that GRADUATED whose numbers were included.  It might be that the numbers are identical, but it's not exact apples-to-apples because these numbers are after-the-fact of only those who graduated while the IDEO numbers are the current state for their numbers and would include those that may not graduate from high school.  As such, the IDEO numbers are pretty stable, the Luers numbers are probably close to static, but that depends on non-graduates, if any.

6 hours ago, Bobref said:

Not only that, I understand that the back judge on that crew and the head coach at WEBO both have brown eyes, and the umpire shops at the same Krogers as the mother of the kid who was interfered with!

The implication you are trying so ham-handedly to foster is silly. You're embarrassing yourself. 

Not sure Pelley has Brown Eyes.  Lol

18 hours ago, BTF said:

I understand that there are more than a few cornfields that separate Indy from Thornstown. No different than Fort Wayne and Huntington. But that doesn't mean Western Boone isn't considered Indy Metro. I think it's fair for me to call Western Boone an "Indy area" team. 

I'm late to the party, but....

I lived in Huntington for many years and don't ever recall the people there thinking of HNHS as a Fort Wayne area school.  Yeah, they would say Huntington is 30-some miles southwest of FW, but only using FW as a point of reference, not considering HNHS under the FW "umbrella".

Looked up WEBO on Google maps, and it looks about halfway between Indy and Lafayette; not sure if I'd consider them an Indy area school at first glance.  Looks pretty rural to me and enough separation from Indy to be considered a "stand alone".  Maybe once the suburban sprawl swallows them them up, OK, but that might be a while.  Just my opinion, understand others will see it differently.

Heartbreaker for Luers, I was pulling for them.  Hopefully next year.

2 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

I'm late to the party, but....

I lived in Huntington for many years and don't ever recall the people there thinking of HNHS as a Fort Wayne area school.  Yeah, they would say Huntington is 30-some miles southwest of FW, but only using FW as a point of reference, not considering HNHS under the FW "umbrella".

Looked up WEBO on Google maps, and it looks about halfway between Indy and Lafayette; not sure if I'd consider them an Indy area school at first glance.  Looks pretty rural to me and enough separation from Indy to be considered a "stand alone".  Maybe once the suburban sprawl swallows them them up, OK, but that might be a while.  Just my opinion, understand others will see it differently.

Heartbreaker for Luers, I was pulling for them.  Hopefully next year.

The eastern edge of Huntington is 17 miles from the SW edge of Fort Wayne.

Webo is considered Indy Metro just as Huntington is considered Fort Wayne Metro. What do people in Huntington do on Friday and Saturday nights? They go to Fort Wayne. Definitely Fort Wayne area in my opinion. At the end of the day, Huntington is proud of their community and don't identify with a larger city. Same for Thornstown. But they are both a part of the larger Metro's..............statistically speaking. 

21 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Since when is Boone Co. not a doughnut county? It’s not a city or a typical suburban school but Webo definitely gets Indy-area coverage and is part of metropolitan Indianapolis.

The US Census Bureau and OMB consider Boone County and Thorntown as part of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) for what very little it’s worth. 

With a broader definition, if you can sleep in your own bed and take less than a 45 minute bus trip to get to Lucas Oil, you count as an Indy area school to a team from Ft Wayne, Evansville, or the region.