3.  Indianapolis Lutheran (2) - 86

4.  Adams Central - 58

5.  Southwood - 55

6.  Parke Heritage - 52

7.  Monroe Central (1) - 35

8.  South Putnam - 30

9.  West Washington - 16

10. Winamac - 10

Others Receiving Votes:  Churubusco (8), North Judson (8), North Decatur (7), Northfield (4), North Vermillion (3), Sheridan (3)

On 8/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, Thor77 said:

Looks like they just rolled forward last year’s poll. As much as I enjoy South Adams at 2, they just aren’t there, at least right now based on all they lost. 

Thought on AC v SA at Monroe?  I’ve seen them both in thuds early this year.  I think I’d put the line at AC +7 at home.

On 8/2/2021 at 3:23 PM, temptation said:

1.  Covenant Christian (5) - 88

2.  South Adams (2) - 87

3.  Indianapolis Lutheran (2) - 86

4.  Adams Central - 58

5.  Southwood - 55

6.  Parke Heritage - 52

7.  Monroe Central (1) - 35

8.  South Putnam - 30

9.  West Washington - 16

10. Winamac - 10

Others Receiving Votes:  Churubusco (8), North Judson (8), North Decatur (7), Northfield (4), North Vermillion (3), Sheridan (3)

Not real sure that South Putnam is reloaded this year.....

On 8/5/2021 at 12:44 PM, Purdue Pete said:

Thought on AC v SA at Monroe?  I’ve seen them both in thuds early this year.  I think I’d put the line at AC +7 at home.

I would put a lot of money on that line. I haven’t seen AC yet, but I know a whole new offensive and defensive lines for SA could struggle. SA is going to be a lot better than many expect, but I could see them struggling to stop Heyerly. 

16 hours ago, Thor77 said:

I would put a lot of money on that line. I haven’t seen AC yet, but I know a whole new offensive and defensive lines for SA could struggle. SA is going to be a lot better than many expect, but I could see them struggling to stop Heyerly. 

Ya my bad.  -7 not +7.  AC looked sharp

1 hour ago, Purdue Pete said:

Ya my bad.  -7 not +7.  AC looked sharp

Just hope they can stay healthy and can have consistency on the lines. They have some speed. As mentioned above, SA will be better than most think.

I have a few thoughts on this poll that I would like to share. The first thing that comes to mind is that Parke Heritage is much better than #6 in 1A. With the fire power they return, plus a slew of transfers from Terre Haute and Brazil, the Wolfs should be ranked #1 or better. Coach Brian Moore, one of three hall of fame coaches in the WRC, is set up for one last championship run before he rides off into the sunset. I got to see them a couple of times this summer, and Coach Moore has that old gleam back in his eye and spring in his step.

The second thing that comes to mind is who are the simple fools that voted for North Vermillion? 3 votes coming off of a 1-9 season in which they struggled to stay competitive? It makes a person wonder if the people who voted in this poll did any background research. 

50 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I have a few thoughts on this poll that I would like to share. The first thing that comes to mind is that Parke Heritage is much better than #6 in 1A. With the fire power they return, plus a slew of transfers from Terre Haute and Brazil, the Wolfs should be ranked #1 or better. Coach Brian Moore, one of three hall of fame coaches in the WRC, is set up for one last championship run before he rides off into the sunset. I got to see them a couple of times this summer, and Coach Moore has that old gleam back in his eye and spring in his step.

The second thing that comes to mind is who are the simple fools that voted for North Vermillion? 3 votes coming off of a 1-9 season in which they struggled to stay competitive? It makes a person wonder if the people who voted in this poll did any background research. 

Honest question....do any of these new dudes prevent teams from running it down their throat?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Some of the new dudes are defensive linemen, so I think that's the hope. They are going to be VERY good this year. 

Be interesting to see. Always like to see some new bloods break through. 

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Sounds like the Woofs have taken all the free agents from Junior Martins and North Vermilions, I swear to God it does 

3 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Sounds like the Woofs have taken all the free agents from Junior Martins and North Vermilions, I swear to God it does 

Thats a great point Donnie. Would you say it is accurate that many teams have benefited from transfers over the years in the WRC? I have heard that South Vermillions has a few Terre Haute kids. Parke Heritage Wolfs have several I guess from Terre Haute and Clay County. I have heard that North Vermillions has a few former Georgetown Buffalos in their program. I remember Fountain Centrals getting a few transfers back when Malone took them on their most recent state finals runs. I remember hearing about a really good running back from Parke County playing at North Vermillion who was friends with Junior Martinss' kid. Some would call that player a difference maker.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:39 AM, DE said:

Agreed Gip.

It's what it's all about--playing for the love of the game.  Very few scholarship offers, let alone Division 1, just fun times of Friday nights.  Plus, the lowerclassmen get to serve as tackling dummies for the varsity--I still have scars!!!

4 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Thats a great point Donnie. Would you say it is accurate that many teams have benefited from transfers over the years in the WRC? I have heard that South Vermillions has a few Terre Haute kids. Parke Heritage Wolfs have several I guess from Terre Haute and Clay County. I have heard that North Vermillions has a few former Georgetown Buffalos in their program. I remember Fountain Centrals getting a few transfers back when Malone took them on their most recent state finals runs. I remember hearing about a really good running back from Parke County playing at North Vermillion who was friends with Junior Martinss' kid. Some would call that player a difference maker.

I don’t know about South Vermilions or North Vermilions right now. I was toad the running back wanted to go to Fountain Centrals. A school board member somehow blocked it. The year before his QB lived with his mom in Kingmans. He also played AAU basketball and the same board member was the coach and wouldn’t play him because he didn’t want his son to lose any minutes. Imagine Earl and Woodard at FC during that time. 
The only transfers that got eligibility were the hall of famers boys when he took the AD job. 3 came from nortmonts to FC’s nationally ranked welding program but were denied eligibility by Charlie Germans. Ironically Charlie was one of the first all state players from FC. That’s all I got for now. I swear to God it is 

12 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Glad we play them week 3 to help us come playoff time.

• Thanks 1