Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Tournament Discussion

1 hour ago, Purdue Pete said:

Per Sagarin there really shouldn’t be that much discussion about 1A.

12 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

So a “Purdue” pete is slamming other levels of football. Interesting 

“Slamming?” I didn’t get that at all. I think all he was doing was pointing out that Indianapolis Lutheran and Adams Central were, according to Sagarin, about 15 points better than everyone else in 1A.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 6:47 PM, Bobref said:

“Slamming?” I didn’t get that at all. I think all he was doing was pointing out that Indianapolis Lutheran and Adams Central were, according to Sagarin, about 15 points better than everyone else in 1A.

Correct.  I apparently should’ve provided some additional background and perhaps used smaller words.

9 hours ago, 260AC said:

They wont be playing another week if he doesn't play

That was my thought as well. Is he healthy enough to be back?

14 minutes ago, southend said:

One man team then? Sounds like. 

He was a key part of their offense before getting hurt. SA has done well replacing him, but he can add another level to their offense.

8 hours ago, southend said:

One man team then? Sounds like. 

I don't know about a one-man team.  My youngest kid played travel ball on a team where he was new to the system.  They had him playing outfield for about half the season.  They finally figured out that he was a major player behind the plate.  When he became the catcher, it freed up the catcher to move to 2nd, which freed up the 2nd baseman to move to short stop, and the short stop to center field which helped allow some flexibility in the pitching schedule and mix.  The team had been good before that, but just that one little move caused a ripple effect that ended up improving so many position on the team.  It wasn't a question of any one kid on the field or at any position, but the optimal synergy of those kids that was at play.

7 hours ago, Basementbias said:

He was a key part of their offense before getting hurt. SA has done well replacing him, but he can add another level to their offense.

Yes he would. 

He had 5 carries for 76 yards and two TDs rushing the ball and went 10-12 for 3 TDs and no picks w 182 yards passing. 

The fact they are 8-2 and he didn't play in 8 games is a big deal for SA. 

Hope he can come back. 

9 hours ago, southend said:

So they might play another week with out him.. ok. 

They need him this week! He could be a difference maker with his athleticism compared to the first matchup. You'd have to respect his dual threat capabilities, while without him it's either passing or handing off to a RB. He could bring RPO for SA.

20 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

Yes he would. 

He had 5 carries for 76 yards and two TDs rushing the ball and went 10-12 for 3 TDs and no picks w 182 yards passing. 

The fact they are 8-2 and he didn't play in 8 games is a big deal for SA. 

Hope he can come back. 

Hope he can play as well.  Senior I believe.  With respect to the 8 wins… those were some bad teams.  SA needs him to have a shot.

53 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Any thoughts on Triton @ Northfield? Seems to be 2 evenly matched teams on paper. Sagarin has Northfield as about 10-point favorites and JH has Northfield winning 28-21. @WalterSobchak How did Triton look against Winamac? 

Winamac's field was really muddy so that slowed things down for both squads. 

I think Triton only made it past the 50 once and that was due to Winamac fumbling on their own 7 yard line. 

#2 their QB and their sophomore RB are studs. 

55 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Any thoughts on Triton @ Northfield? Seems to be 2 evenly matched teams on paper. Sagarin has Northfield as about 10-point favorites and JH has Northfield winning 28-21. @WalterSobchak How did Triton look against Winamac? 

Northfield got handled by Bluffton (1st game of the year I know) and then goes 6-3 which means 3 rivers conference is in the running with ACAC for the worst conference in Indiana.  Sagarin says Northfield by 7 but I’m not buying it.  Triton wins in a squeaker.

2 hours ago, Basementbias said:

They need him this week! He could be a difference maker with his athleticism compared to the first matchup. You'd have to respect his dual threat capabilities, while without him it's either passing or handing off to a RB. He could bring RPO for SA.

Odd John Harrell has SA winning by 1 after losing by 23 earlier in the year.  

I think Triton has a legit shot in this one.  They have definitely played the better schedule.  But they are young and have played like young guys - too many mistakes and not enough confidence.  If Triton plays to their talent level, it should be a really good game.

15 hours ago, FinePrint said:

I think Triton has a legit shot in this one.  They have definitely played the better schedule.  But they are young and have played like young guys - too many mistakes and not enough confidence.  If Triton plays to their talent level, it should be a really good game.

I'm impressed with Triton's QB & RB. They play hard nosed football from highlights I've watched. 

19 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Sure they have a legit shot... just like i have a legit shot to go to the local gas station, buy a lottery ticket and become a millionaire.