Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A North alignment

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=153gxokpw917Ny2QyJyMozaPMxkCQOyQb&ll=39.84440592956487%2C-86.35139905&z=7

Link is the map of schools in 2A North as done by Crimsonace...attachments are proposed sectionals.  Curious about thoughts as we get closer to the sectional release date...

5.pdf 4.pdf 3.pdf 2.pdf 1.pdf

I was simply going on what made the most geographical sense and tried to look at a couple different scenarios versus what has been the precedent and perhaps if certain teams might shake up how it has been done in past years.  Seeger for instance went South in the last 1A cycle, but they had been North for previous years.  Will they go North and pull some teams that typically go up to Gary?  Or will they stay South and keep some sectionals largely intact?  Frankton/Lapel in the same school district pairs them together if the precedent remains and will that impact either being pulled to Ft. Wayne, possibly Lafayette, or will they stay South?  Just some interesting geographical scenarios and I enjoy the conversation...hoping to get it started!!

Noll has told everyone they are playing a Varsity schedule this year, at least from the conference standpoint.   They were added to the classification for football, which mean they will get placed in a sectional.  

No different really from the last 2 years when Bowman Academy served a suspension from post season play, that left a hole in the sectional 1 year and a team received a bye 

33:   Whiting, Andrean, Boone Grove, Noll, North Newton, Bowman, Wheeler, Rensselaer Central

34:   Bremen, Pioneer, Cass, Delph, LaVille, Manchester, Rochester, Wabash 

35:  Bluffton, Central Nobel, Fairfield, Eastside, Luers, Prairie Heights, Whitko, Woodlan

36:  Eastbrook, Alexandria, Blackford, Eastern (Greentown) Elwood, Frankton, Lapel, Tipton

2018 Top 100 Sagarin Teams by 2019 Sectional

33 - Andrean (57), Whiting (90)

34 - Pioneer (22), Bremen (68)

35 - Luers (47)

36 - Eastbrook (51), Tipton (81)

37 - Western Boone (34)

38 - Shenandoah (69), Scecina (71)

39 - Triton Central (70)

40 - NONE

TEAMS just outside the top 100 - Woodlan (102) in sectional 35.  Evansville Mater Dei (104) in sectional 40.  Lewis Cass (106) in sectional 34.

17 hours ago, Scat said:

April Predictions

33- Andrean, Rensselaer

34-Pioneer, Cass

35-Luers

36-Eastbrook, Tipton

As a Bremen fan, I am excited to be in the same sectional with Cass again, and welcome the challenge that Pioneer offers. I tend to agree with you here, Bremen will be a 2 tiers behind Pioneer and 1 tier behind Cass next year. The Lions graduated a large group of great athletes and leaders. Next year will be a rebuilding year.

14 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

As a Bremen fan, I am excited to be in the same sectional with Cass again, and welcome the challenge that Pioneer offers. I tend to agree with you here, Bremen will be a 2 tiers behind Pioneer and 1 tier behind Cass next year. The Lions graduated a large group of great athletes and leaders. Next year will be a rebuilding year.

Bremen is coming off of a sectional championship.  Cass hasn't done anything in the tournament for a few years now.  Pioneer is the class of sectional 34 with Bremen a close second.  Rochester and Delphi have region all stars all over their roster and Manchester has skilled guys everywhere.  LaVille could surprise some people also.  This is 4-5 team race with Cass on the outside looking in.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Pioneer loses one of, if not, the best classes to ever go through the program as well as the reigning Mr. Football. Large shoes to fill on both sides of the ball and the vast majority of our offensive production b/w Kiser and Gregorich. I think it is more wide open than people think.

-Bremen had a great season last year

-Cass came on strong at the end of the season (losses came against excellent competition)

-Pioneer looking for leadership after our state run last year

-Laville returns a great core of young skill guys who got better every game 

Although Bremen had a great run last year the information I have is they lost substantial playmakers from last year.  Maybe I have incorrect information on Bremen. Cass on the other hand was very competitive with the runner up but has 100% of their playmakers returning.  Two of the returners for Pioneer is all they need to be competitive for a sectional championship.  I don't know anything about the remaining teams except Delphi graduated their two best players.

36 looks to be pretty competitive in my eyes as well.  Eastbrook would obviously be the favorite.  But Tipton, Blackford, Eastern (Greentown), and Lapel all have had strong records of late.  Any of those schools get hit with graduation or have solid jv years recently?

Tipton got drilled by graduation, HOWEVER, they have some real nice young kids who are talented coming up from talking to some peeps that way.    Gonna be sophomore class or Junior class were stuck behind a very good SR class led by 3 sport STUD K.J. Roudenbush