Jump to content

2022 Hoosier North Athletic Conference Thread (HNAC)


Recommended Posts

Hoosier North Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Winamac 5-0 1.000   8-1 0.889   1A 41
Pioneer 6-1 0.857   9-3 0.750   2A 34
North Judson 5-1 0.833   10-4 0.714   1A 41
LaVille 4-2 0.667   9-3 0.750   2A 34
Knox 2-4 0.333   5-7 0.417   3A 25
Triton 2-5 0.286   4-7 0.364   1A 44
Culver 1-5 0.167   4-6 0.400   1A 41
Caston 0-7 0.000   2-8 0.200  

1A 41

 

John Hendryx retired after leading his beloved Winamac Warriors to a conference title last year.  This race will be a good one and a real dog fight until the end with lots of contenders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2022 at 12:17 AM, DT said:
Hoosier North Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Winamac 5-0 1.000   8-1 0.889   1A 41
Pioneer 6-1 0.857   9-3 0.750   2A 34
North Judson 5-1 0.833   10-4 0.714   1A 41
LaVille 4-2 0.667   9-3 0.750   2A 34
Knox 2-4 0.333   5-7 0.417   3A 25
Triton 2-5 0.286   4-7 0.364   1A 44
Culver 1-5 0.167   4-6 0.400   1A 41
Caston 0-7 0.000   2-8 0.200  

1A 41

 

John Hendryx retired after leading his beloved Winamac Warriors to a conference title last year.  This race will be a good one and a real dog fight until the end with lots of contenders.

Should be an interesting year with several teams capable of winning the title. I see NJSP as the favorite, but there are at least 4 other teams that could win it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2022 at 12:17 AM, DT said:
Hoosier North Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Winamac 5-0 1.000   8-1 0.889   1A 41
Pioneer 6-1 0.857   9-3 0.750   2A 34
North Judson 5-1 0.833   10-4 0.714   1A 41
LaVille 4-2 0.667   9-3 0.750   2A 34
Knox 2-4 0.333   5-7 0.417   3A 25
Triton 2-5 0.286   4-7 0.364   1A 44
Culver 1-5 0.167   4-6 0.400   1A 41
Caston 0-7 0.000   2-8 0.200  

1A 41

 

John Hendryx retired after leading his beloved Winamac Warriors to a conference title last year.  This race will be a good one and a real dog fight until the end with lots of contenders.

Will be interesting for sure like always!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d expect North Judson to be the top of the conference with Triton and Pioneer fighting for 2nd. Triton returns about everyone from last year, including some guys with 2 years of varsity experience already. I know I’ve seen some Pioneer people comment about how the team may not be super strong this year, but I have a hard time believing their tradition and coaching won’t carry them to a solid season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I’d expect North Judson to be the top of the conference with Triton and Pioneer fighting for 2nd. Triton returns about everyone from last year, including some guys with 2 years of varsity experience already. I know I’ve seen some Pioneer people comment about how the team may not be super strong this year, but I have a hard time believing their tradition and coaching won’t carry them to a solid season. 

Pioneer did lose a ton!!  Triton??   Dark horses Knox and LaVille??? What about Winamac???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I’d expect North Judson to be the top of the conference with Triton and Pioneer fighting for 2nd. Triton returns about everyone from last year, including some guys with 2 years of varsity experience already. I know I’ve seen some Pioneer people comment about how the team may not be super strong this year, but I have a hard time believing their tradition and coaching won’t carry them to a solid season. 

North Judson will be very solid. Triton could be very solid as well.  On paper Pioneer looks like they'll be down, BUT they are a team that reloads not rebuilds. Knox also has a lot of guys back and a HOF coach.

However, you forgot about LaVille, who has everyone back from a sectional championship team! They will definitely be one of the contenders for a conference championship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is going on with the Knox program.  Coach Radtke was a big winner at Judson, Griffith and New Prairie, but has yet to break thru with the Redskins.  

Anybody have some insight?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

North Judson will be very solid. Triton could be very solid as well.  On paper Pioneer looks like they'll be down, BUT they are a team that reloads not rebuilds. Knox also has a lot of guys back and a HOF coach.

However, you forgot about LaVille, who has everyone back from a sectional championship team! They will definitely be one of the contenders for a conference championship.

I definitely forgot about Laville! I honestly don’t know enough about the schools outside of NJ, Pioneer and Triton, so take anything I say about the HNAC with a grain of salt. 

Edited by FlyingHigh
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2022 at 2:07 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Mr. RingLeader:

What school are you referring to with your questions?

 

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Any who are here. 

Culver guy is here

laville is here

pioneer is here

judson is here

Knox

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Oldschool said:

Triton has 12 seniors who are all good football players along with some play making juniors who have started since freshman.  We’ll see if they can play disciplined winning football.

WOW!!!   Thats impressive!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2022 at 11:11 PM, cpg1970 said:

As for LaVille, anything less than a conference championship and another shot at Andrean, this time in sectionals, would be considered a failure.

Good goals, shouldn’t that be the goal every year?

FWIW Friend has seen Andrean twice this summer (his words) “nobody is touching Andrean in 2A, they are loaded. Watched them dismantle Valpo without Drayk Bowen playing” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Good goals, shouldn’t that be the goal every year?

FWIW Friend has seen Andrean twice this summer (his words) “nobody is touching Andrean in 2A, they are loaded. Watched them dismantle Valpo without Drayk Bowen playing” 

Yes, that’s why said, anything less than a conference championship and another shot at Andrean would be considered a failure.  Only takes one game to upset a team.  In a 5-7 game series, probably not a chance of betting Andrean, but they want their one shot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe NJSP will go undefeated in the conference. They are returning 10-11 starting seniors. They are the strongest I have ever seen a team be across the board. From freshman to the seniors. They have put the Time in the weight room and most of them have been to several camps this year . Definitely gonna be a awesome season. My hat goes off to Coach Lambert and his coaching staff. They are definitely leading the team in the right direction 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Cheyenne Allen said:

I believe NJSP will go undefeated in the conference. They are returning 10-11 starting seniors. They are the strongest I have ever seen a team be across the board. From freshman to the seniors. They have put the Time in the weight room and most of them have been to several camps this year . Definitely gonna be a awesome season. My hat goes off to Coach Lambert and his coaching staff. They are definitely leading the team in the right direction 

Congrats on your 1st post! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

My HNAC tiers entering the season:

Tier 1: Judson, LaVille

Tier 2: Triton, Knox

Tier 3: Pioneer, Winamac, Culver

Tier 4: Caston

Farmer Fran and his Panthers laying in the weeds!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Where’s Andy and the stat boy from Winamacs?

Last I knew he changed his allegiance to Lewis Cass. Ain't no McDonald's in Walton. They do, however, have The Dog Shed.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All:

I see that Caston has a new coach.

What happened to Coach Porter?

Seems to me that it is hard to have any consistency in a program if a school is looking for a new coach every other year.

Not good for the kids, not good for the school.

For Caston this makes four coaches since 2014.

Welcome back Coach Ulerick!  He had the last winning seasons at Caston!

 

Coaches and Teachers are getting harder and harder to find.

 

If a coach wants to stick around and dedicate themselves to building a program, can the administration/parents at least give them a few years to try and build a program?

 

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...