Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2022 Season

Irishman

Couple silver linings today.

1. IU found its QB for the future. Williams as a true dual-threat QB masks a bad offensive line and adds another dimension to the offense. Not caught up in the throwing numbers like some. Truth be told IU didn’t need to throw the ball to win today and Williams has enough zip on his ball to where I believe he’ll be a threat starting next year after getting a full years worth of reps with the starters in the offseason.

2. True freshman Jaylin Lucas likely just cemented his honors on the All-American team as a KR this afternoon. Leads all FBS in kickoff return average and now has taken two back to the house. Fellow true freshman Dasan McCullough should make the freshman All-American as well. Hope IU can keep those two around.

3. Resiliency. Can tell they’re still fighting for Allen. A coach who has lost the locker room wouldn’t have a team come back from that half time deficit. Still been an extremely frustrating year as there have been 2-3 games that could have resulted in wins, but you’d have to think a win over Purdue would be a huge boost of confidence heading into the offseason. While a bowl game is always the ultimate goal, I’d have to say going 5-7 given the way last year played out is a step in the right direction.

17 hours ago, Irishman said:

I think you are right

Do you really think IU can afford $30M to buy him out??

16 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Couple silver linings today.

1. IU found its QB for the future. Williams as a true dual-threat QB masks a bad offensive line and adds another dimension to the offense. Not caught up in the throwing numbers like some. Truth be told IU didn’t need to throw the ball to win today and Williams has enough zip on his ball to where I believe he’ll be a threat starting next year after getting a full years worth of reps with the starters in the offseason.

Maybe...I just don't think the recipe for a Power 5 QB is to go 2 for 7 passing in a game will lead to much success.  I hope he proves he can actually pass the football.  If not for special teams and for a found running game, they don't win that game yesterday against a mediocre team.

32 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Do you really think IU can afford $30M to buy him out??

Maybe...I just don't think the recipe for a Power 5 QB is to go 2 for 7 passing in a game will lead to much success.  I hope he proves he can actually pass the football.  If not for special teams and for a found running game, they don't win that game yesterday against a mediocre team.

That found running game has everything to do with the QB. That fact that IU only threw 7 passes…..and won, rectifies that. 

11 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

That found running game has everything to do with the QB. That fact that IU only threw 7 passes…..and won, rectifies that. 

For one week anyhow. Don’t see 2-7 a recipe for any type of sustained success. But, hopefully he improves in the passing dept. 

Is IU the culture still basketball first and everything else doesn't matter much? Seems to me to be really back that way strongly from talking to fans. Expectations for football? Corso coaches 10 years with only two winning seasons and probably held on so long with those some Old Oaken bucket wins and it was football. How many in power at IU really cared. Anything changed? 

I recall when Cameron (a well thought of NFL OC) was at IU, how you would see him at the big games with the marquee recruits and you knew he was never going to be able to get them. 

Decent first half. Should have had more points on the board. HATED seeing William go dow. That did not look good at all. With Bazelak, they could still move the ball, but way too inconsistent. I am not sure IU can afford to not change anything for next season. 

58 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Decent first half. Should have had more points on the board. HATED seeing William go dow. That did not look good at all. With Bazelak, they could still move the ball, but way too inconsistent. I am not sure IU can afford to not change anything for next season. 

IU keeping Allen over DeBoer was a massive mistake.  Losing Womack too killed. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BTF said:

If Allen couldn't win the MIC with all the resources at Ben Davis, what made IU think he could win in the Big Ten? 

They played Ohio State close for a half, remember?

August 2020:  "Indiana is the biggest threat to Ohio State in the Big Ten East."

Since that claim by many media members, the Hoosiers have gone 2-16 in Big Ten play.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

They played Ohio State close for a half, remember?

August 2020:  "Indiana is the biggest threat to Ohio State in the Big Ten East."

Since that claim by many media members, the Hoosiers have gone 2-16 in Big Ten play.

I think they are just pacing themselves.......