Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

812FB Top 20

The 812FB Top 20 ranking is my opinion and based off not only the eye test but the averages of Sagarin, Calpreps and Massey ranking systems.  

1. East Central
  2. Evansville Reitz 
  3. Gibson Southern
  4. Columbus North 
  5. Bloomington South 
  6. Linton-Stockton 
  7. Vincennes Lincoln
  8. Castle 
  9. Northview 
  10. Lawrenceburg 
  11. Terre Haute South 
  12. Southridge 
  13. Evansville North 
  14. Evansville Memorial
  15. Owen Valley 
  16. Evansville Mater Dei 
  17. Jasper
  18. Columbus East 
  19. Charlestown 
  20. South Dearborn 

HM: Heritage Hills, Boonville, Mt. Vernon, North Posey, Terre Haute North

Week 5 Top 20 & HM Matchups 
#3 Gibson Southern at #12 Southridge
#6 Linton-Stockton at Boonville
#5 Bloomington South at #11 Terre Haute South
#7 Vincennes Lincoln at #8 Castle 
#9 Northview at #15 Owen Valley

31 minutes ago, 812FB said:

The 812FB Top 20 ranking is my opinion and based off not only the eye test but the averages of Sagarin, Calpreps and Massey ranking systems.  

1. East Central
  2. Evansville Reitz 

I think there is a decent chance we see Reitz and East Central meet up this year. Not sure if it would be regionals or semi-state but it would be a highly touted throwback matchup of traditional powerhouses.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 812FB said:

2. Evansville Reitz 

3. Gibson Southern

Also, considering the closeness of Reitz and GS, it would be cool if they played each other, especially this season. Considering the hype both teams are building and the history of the coaches; Can you imagine that game, played at either stadium? Would be absolute madness. Just for fun, had to put it in the calprep predictor.

neutral field
[2022] Reitz [F. J.] (Evansville, IN) 28, [2022] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 21

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

Also, considering the closeness of Reitz and GS, it would be cool if they played each other, especially this season. Considering the hype both teams are building and the history of the coaches; Can you imagine that game, played at either stadium? Would be absolute madness. Just for fun, had to put it in the calprep predictor.

neutral field
[2022] Reitz [F. J.] (Evansville, IN) 28, [2022] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 21

I put it in Massey just for fun.

image.thumb.png.290f19bccfa153302739db652a942494.png

I believe GS and Reitz had a scrimmage in the summer.  One of the very early ones, not the week before week 1.

I think the early reports from that were that GS could run the ball pretty easily and Reitz had a very strong receiving group 

would definitely be a fun one…too bad the SIAC is closed off.  Gonna be a few years before something like this can happen (barring both teams facing a cancelation on the same week) 

Reitz has to get out of sectional 24 before we have to worry about any regional or semi-state matchup. Lots can happen between week 5 and 10.  Memorial defense Vs Reitz offense could be an intriguing matchup. MD had 16 Carrie’s for 1 yard vs Memorial and only 140 yards passing. Don’t overlook Ben Johnson’s ability to prepare a teams D for 1 and done game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Wow.. East is way, way too low. Same with Lawrenceburg. 

I don’t know if Lawrenceburg is too low

they are sitting 10th on a list that goes from Terre haute to Bloomington to Charlestown.  

It’s almost the complete southern half of the state minus some of the Indy metro and neighboring areas that we won’t classify as Indy if you live there but everyone will still think it 

3 hours ago, Screagle said:

Reitz has to get out of sectional 24 before we have to worry about any regional or semi-state matchup. Lots can happen between week 5 and 10.  Memorial defense Vs Reitz offense could be an intriguing matchup. MD had 16 Carrie’s for 1 yard vs Memorial and only 140 yards passing. Don’t overlook Ben Johnson’s ability to prepare a teams D for 1 and done game. 

We will be seeing that very, very soon in Enlow

3 hours ago, Screagle said:

Ben Johnson is a very effective defensive coordinator.  The guy watches film and coaching clinics for entertainment.  It’s not wrong to say he’s obsessive about it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Screagle said:

Reitz has to get out of sectional 24 before we have to worry about any regional or semi-state matchup. Lots can happen between week 5 and 10.  Memorial defense Vs Reitz offense could be an intriguing matchup.

You’re right, I was just commenting on the top two in the rankings. They had some good clashes in the past and I figured whoever gets out of the “Evansville sectional” will most likely run into EC. Haven’t checked in a while so I can’t remember if it would be regionals or semi-state. But yes, Reitz and Memorial will have their hands full with each other if they collide and by sectional time Memorial will be playing much better football. Could make for an outstanding matchup. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

You’re right, I was just commenting on the top two in the rankings. They had some good clashes in the past and I figured whoever gets out of the “Evansville sectional” will most likely run into EC. Haven’t checked in a while so I can’t remember if it would be regionals or semi-state. But yes, Reitz and Memorial will have their hands full with each other if they collide and by sectional time Memorial will be playing much better football. Could make for an outstanding matchup. 

Regional. Semi-state would be Roncalli or New Pal.

22 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I don’t know if Lawrenceburg is too low

they are sitting 10th on a list that goes from Terre haute to Bloomington to Charlestown.  

It’s almost the complete southern half of the state minus some of the Indy metro and neighboring areas that we won’t classify as Indy if you live there but everyone will still think it 

I understand. Not every one of the 9 in front of them are better, couple I don't feel are close. I don't actually care though, simply discussing.