Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DOE Enrollments 22-23

This legislation is a Trojan Horse. It doesn't take an oracle to see the future. This move is disguised as a way to stremline adminastration, but it won't be long before schools are forced to combine again when the state siphons off more money from small communities or passes more legislation to incentivive consolidated schools.  The older genaration can tell many sad tales of once striving little burgs that lost their soul when their schools closed and combined 50-75 years ago.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Consolidate with the Clinton Central School Corporation (819 K-12 per IDOE).  Build a new school complex in Terhune or Kirklin.  

Actually if the Indiana legislature gets tough again about school consolidation I can see see Clinton county going from 4 school corps to 2,  with a Clinton Central/Clinton Prairie/Rossville 3-for-1 dealio a possibility. 

https://inview.doe.in.gov/corporations/1011500000/population

https://inview.doe.in.gov/corporations/1011600000/population

https://inview.doe.in.gov/corporations/1011800000/population

I've said for awhile now that Clinton Central and Prairie should consolidate.  While I'm not in favor of the government forcing this, I think it would make sense for both schools.

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

I've said for awhile now that Clinton Central and Prairie should consolidate.  While I'm not in favor of the government forcing this, I think it would make sense for both schools.

Just consolidate administrations or actually consolidate the schools?

On 11/30/2023 at 2:40 PM, Daniel_Bragg said:

I think if they consolidated the schools, both could see a benefit.  Although, then you have the question of where to put the new building that would likely follow the decision.

I'm not sure the taxpayers would be happy with a new building

1 hour ago, Cloudy14 said:

I'm not sure the taxpayers would be happy with a new building

Agreed.  In the case of of Clinton Central & Clinton Prairie consolidation the two existing campuses would have to be utilized to house the new K-12 student population.  Grades 9-12 at one campus,  K-5 at the other campus,  and 6-8 where it makes the most logistical sense.  

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, qbcoach13 said:

Does anyone know when this year's enrollment numbers will be released by the State? 

10 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

paging @crimsonace1 and @HoopsCoach

Our go to members who DOMINATE this area 

In recent years, enrollment data has been released around this time of the year - roughly mid-December.  I’ve checked almost daily for the last week or so and there hasn’t been any data for this year released.  Count day was moved back to the start of October instead of mid-September, so it could come out a little later.

I’ll be glad to put something together once they are released, but I’m always interested in having others take a look at it to see if there are any details I missed or errors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

My question... Will 8-man football teams have to declare for 2 years, or will they be slotted into an 11-man sectional?  This could affect sectional alignments as well as classes

A team that started in 8-man last season ... first time ever having football in the history of the school ... has already announced that they are going to be playing 11-man next season.  IHSAA has traditionally had a "cushion" season or two where new programs to the 11-man ranks aren't eligible for the post-season tournament, so that might well solve the issue.  There's also the situation where you typically have to play x number of games in a season to be eligible for the post-season tourney.  I think the aforementioned team that's switching isn't going to have a full season next year and won't be in the post-season tourney.

6 minutes ago, foxbat said:

A team that started in 8-man last season ... first time ever having football in the history of the school ... has already announced that they are going to be playing 11-man next season.  IHSAA has traditionally had a "cushion" season or two where new programs to the 11-man ranks aren't eligible for the post-season tournament, so that might well solve the issue.  There's also the situation where you typically have to play x number of games in a season to be eligible for the post-season tourney.  I think the aforementioned team that's switching isn't going to have a full season next year and won't be in the post-season tourney.

If the sectionals are going to align every 2 years it would make sense that 8-man teams also should play 8-man schedules for 2 years... 

1 minute ago, 1st_and_10 said:

If the sectionals are going to align every 2 years it would make sense that 8-man teams also should play 8-man schedules for 2 years... 

It would seem that, but also realize that SF is going to a rolling cycle as opposed to aligning with the sectional re-alignment schedule, so some teams will be re-assigned to sectionals in off two-year cycles too.  The number of teams being re-assigned via SF will likely be no more than the number of 8-man teams moving to 11-man in off two-year cycles, so I don't see it being a huge issue ... especially given that there's now already [soon-to-be] precedence for dealing with a team in off two-year cycles.

24 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It would seem that, but also realize that SF is going to a rolling cycle as opposed to aligning with the sectional re-alignment schedule, so some teams will be re-assigned to sectionals in off two-year cycles too.  The number of teams being re-assigned via SF will likely be no more than the number of 8-man teams moving to 11-man in off two-year cycles, so I don't see it being a huge issue ... especially given that there's now already [soon-to-be] precedence for dealing with a team in off two-year cycles.

I meant more around enrolment realigning sectionals.  The SF realignment will be minimal (maybe a few teams each year).   

23 minutes ago, foxbat said:

That was my interpretation as well.  Sectionals will now be "annual" placements for football. (And maybe other sports as well?)

This year's Dwenger to 4A and resulting 3-sectional shuffle occurred mid-season.