18. Zionsville
  19. Kokomo
  20. Penn
  21. Noblesville
  22. NorthWood
  23. Evansville Reitz
  24. Valparaiso
  25. Plainfield 

Agree especially 1-3 however 4-7 could arguably be re-stacked in any order at the moment.  There are some MONSTER games Friday.

Ben Davis / IMG

Mudsocks Classic which will have a crowd of 10K plus

Cathedral vs. Chatard

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Yep…if only adults stayed out of the way and they still played one another…

You make a really good point. As far as who is number one, I'm going to roll with Center Grove. Just an opinion from a guy from NE Indiana. Good work on your poll, as always. 

24 minutes ago, BTF said:

You make a really good point. As far as who is number one, I'm going to roll with Center Grove. Just an opinion from a guy from NE Indiana. Good work on your poll, as always. 

Let’s have some fun with this…

BD hosts IMG Friday whereas CG hosts Moeller.

Moeller will be a good way to compare the two (and they’ll soon be 0-3 against Indiana schools).  

Let’s see how this plays out.  I don’t expect BD to win but we will have another data point late Friday night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I thought the original plan was for BD and CG to play in week 4, and then IMG opportunity came up. I believe they are both playing each other next year. 

So cultural differences, specific only to varsity football, expire in 2024?

Got it.

Edited by temptation

22 minutes ago, temptation said:

So cultural differences, specific only to varsity football, expire in 2024?

Got it.

That’s not what I said. I stated that they were scheduled originally to play this year…but BD took the opportunity to play IMG instead schedule the same week. 

If BD chooses not to play in the future, then I believe we have a story. 

Enjoy the holiday weekend.  Way too cranky….

IMG_5595.jpeg

8 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

That’s not what I said. I stated that they were scheduled originally to play this year…but BD took the opportunity to play IMG instead schedule the same week. 

If BD chooses not to play in the future, then I believe we have a story. 

Enjoy the holiday weekend.  Way too cranky….

IMG_5595.jpeg

Not cranky…just making a joke and holding folks accountable for their words…that’s all.

2 nitpickings:

1. Still disagree with you on the top spot. It's CG's to lose. Not taking anything away from East Central, but I think the ease at which they beat Big Moe signals the Crusaders are in trouble and not among Ohio's Elite this year. That diminishes Ben Davis' impressive win a little.
  2. Do you think Kokomo, Bloomington South and Reitz would beat Penn? Seems like you're now moving the Vikings down due to the MOV in the Cathedral/Penn game.

On 9/2/2023 at 8:23 AM, Dave007 said:

Mudsocks Classic which will have a crowd of 10K plus

Really looking forward to this one. Fishers is one of the most impressive teams I've seen this year. They have great balance and play calling on O with the Khobie Martin power running between tackles and taking advantage of their speed at the WR position with sweeps and getting them involved in the short passing game.

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

2 nitpickings:

1. Still disagree with you on the top spot. It's CG's to lose. Not taking anything away from East Central, but I think the ease at which they beat Big Moe signals the Crusaders are in trouble and not among Ohio's Elite this year. That diminishes Ben Davis' impressive win a little.
  2. Do you think Kokomo, Bloomington South and Reitz would beat Penn? Seems like you're now moving the Vikings down due to the MOV in the Cathedral/Penn game.

1.  BD vs CG is so damn hard to gauge right now because I don’t know the legitimacy of either of CG’s wins due to them being out of state.  Of course, Moeller is BD’s biggest win and I agree that they were overrated to start the season.  Wish we could see these two in the regular season.  We will at least have some common opponents to compare them soon.

I‘m just growing tired of the “Penn is back” narrative.  I fell for it after the Valpo win and was once again basing their preseason ranking on past glory.

I do think that they are an average 6A program that could hold their own in 5A and need to see a legitimate win over an Indy power (hell even a competitive loss) to buy back in.

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

1.  BD vs CG is so damn hard to gauge right now because I don’t know the legitimacy of either of CG’s wins due to them being out of state.  Of course, Moeller is BD’s biggest win and I agree that they were overrated to start the season.  Wish we could see these two in the regular season.  We will at least have some common opponents to compare them soon.

Not that it matters, but there is no comparison with SOS.   

On 9/3/2023 at 10:35 AM, temptation said:

Let’s have some fun with this…

BD hosts IMG Friday whereas CG hosts Moeller.

Moeller will be a good way to compare the two (and they’ll soon be 0-3 against Indiana schools).  

Let’s see how this plays out.  I don’t expect BD to win but we will have another data point late Friday night.

Moeller will be 1-3 against Indiana teams after this week. Losses to Ben Davis and East Central, and a win against F.W. Dwenger. Moeller was highly ranked  coming into the season based on last years results. Springfield is probably the second best team in Ohio Div 1 but won't have much for St. Edwards. St. X might be the top team from the GCL South.

9 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Moeller will be 1-3 against Indiana teams after this week. Losses to Ben Davis and East Central, and a win against F.W. Dwenger. Moeller was highly ranked  coming into the season based on last years results. Springfield is probably the second best team in Ohio Div 1 but won't have much for St. Edwards. St. X might be the top team from the GCL South.

Oops.  Good call.

Where IS Moeller in Ohio in your opinion?

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oops.  Good call.

Where IS Moeller in Ohio in your opinion?

Currently they are ranked 9th in Region 4. They haven't played any Ohio opponents yet. I think right now they may sit anywhere from 4th to 6th in Region 4. Region 4 isn't as strong as it use to be. Right now St. Edwards in Region 1 is head and shoulders above everyone.

4 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Currently they are ranked 9th in Region 4. They haven't played any Ohio opponents yet. I think right now they may sit anywhere from 4th to 6th in Region 4. Region 4 isn't as strong as it use to be. Right now St. Edwards in Region 1 is head and shoulders above everyone.

I know they have a RB committed to Michigan and a few other D1 kids. Would have expected a much better fight against Ben Davis and even though East Central is a great football team this year (regardless of class) pretty shocking to see Moeller get beat up like that. 

Trinity down in Louisville is another team who doesn't appear to be their normal selves this year. Outcome against Carmel will be very telling. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Could Fishers be a threat to the South's stronghold on the 6A title? I've got Ben Davis and Brownsburg right on Center Grove's tail. Fishers next in line. HSE, Cathedral, and Carroll after that. 

We will find out some of what we need to know this Friday though Fishers and HSE played a classic in the regular season last fall and HSE blew their doors off in the postseason.