Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 28: Bishop Chatard @Guerin Catholic - Round 2

No thoughts on the game actually but, before I head out of town for a few weeks, I just wanted to offer another ongoing playground for folks to sh!tpost about their various rings, why Chatard shouldn't be in 3A and anything else having nothing to do with either the game or the thread.  If it were possible for both teams to lose I'm clearly aware that about 95% of the state would see it as optimal.

Regardless, best wishes to both teams.

Have fun ladies.  

Carry on.

PS - Anyone checked CalPreps this week?  Not that I agree, btw, but its certainly additional fodder.

Edited by Lysander
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

No thoughts on the game actually but, before I head out of town for a few weeks, I just wanted to offer another ongoing playground for folks to sh!tpost about their various rings, why Chatard shouldn't be in 3A and anything else having nothing to do with either the game or the thread.  If it were possible for both teams to lose I'm clearly aware that about 95% of the state would see it as optimal.

Have fun ladies.  

Carry on.

PS - Anyone checked CalPreps this week?  Not that I agree, btw, but its certainly additional fodder.

Should be a great game.  Could make the case this will be Chatard’s toughest game of the tournament.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

If your private island retreat doesn't have internet, I've heard you can use those rings in series to corral the interweb signal.

I can be found at Lysander’s Secret Polar Fortress of Ineptitude (vague reference No. 1) where I will have intermittent contact with the GID via my hamster wheel-powered HAM radio channeled through two Cracker Jack box rings (vague, if somewhat uninteresting, reference No. 2) allowing me to maintain periodic interweb contact via ionosphere bouncing (vague and somewhat more interesting reference No. 3 - see “Kelly’s Heroes”) to the last vestiges of the Free World as can only be found here on the GID.

Keep on rockin’ in the Free World, ladies, (kind of fun vague reference No. 4).

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Lysander said:

Have fun ladies.  

Carry on.

They won't be in 3A after this season, correct? Success factored up to 4A

13 hours ago, Lysander said:

Have fun ladies.  

Carry on.

I've got you covered. 😂😂

[2023] Bishop Chatard (Indianapolis, IN) 27 (88%), [2023] Guerin Catholic [St. Theodore] (Noblesville, IN) 7 (12%)

• Thanks 1

This is now a thread about why the success factor needs to go

if you cannot beat every school your size, then you are not a real state champion

It punishes programs for being good, in order to reward programs that do not work as hard as said programs

you know what

I changed my mind

there is no need for a success factor if we only have one class to begin with

I want a tournament with every school in the state playing in the same division

3 games a week

imagine people whining about losing to Chatard when they were going to have to play Brownsburg or BD in two days anyway

While were at it, lets scrap the mercy rule and move to 18 minute quarters as well

38 minutes ago, Rodney said:

This is now a thread about why the success factor needs to go

if you cannot beat every school your size, then you are not a real state champion

It punishes programs for being good, in order to reward programs that do not work as hard as said programs

you know what

I changed my mind

there is no need for a success factor if we only have one class to begin with

I want a tournament with every school in the state playing in the same division

3 games a week

imagine people whining about losing to Chatard when they were going to have to play Brownsburg or BD in two days anyway

While were at it, lets scrap the mercy rule and move to 18 minute quarters as well

Most people were happy with one class basketball.  They should get rid of the success factor.  Nobody seems to be in the right class.  One class football might stop some of the whining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tippy said:

One class football might stop some of the whining.

Yep, let's go back to one class,  a 10 game season and no playoffs like it was when I was in school. Totally agree.

Edited by gonzoron

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Yep, let's go back to one class,  a 10 game season and no playoffs like it was when I was in school. Totally agree.

It will eliminate all the whining and we won't have to listen to all those guys years later still 'catching that pass' on a high school football message board, or showing off that ring at the class reumion.

To be clear, I am not complaining.  Pushing the game back to 8:30 will just allow me to toss back a few more warm libations while lounging in the Polar fortress in front of my IPad.

With that, I guess I have a couple of questions.  First, I guess I’m surprised a State Championship is played on anyone’s home field as opposed to a Neutral field like  any number of likely available HS or college locations in Indianapolis.  

Second, why is this game on a Friday evening vs. Saturday?  Strikes me it will be a pain for Leo folks to have to be in Indy on a Friday evening v. Saturday afternoon.  

Since you Evansville Memorial folks have a lot more experience with Soccer state championships maybe you can explain it.

PS - there is a certain irony in all this.  The Chatard Girls lost to Guerin in OT just a couple of weeks ago in the State tournament.

2 minutes ago, Lysander said:

To be clear, I am not complaining.  Pushing the game back to 8:30 will just allow me to toss back a few more warm libations while lounging in the Polar fortress in front of my IPad.

With that, I guess I have a couple of questions.  First, I guess I’m surprised a State Championship is played on anyone’s home field as opposed to a Neutral field like  any number of likely available HS or college locations in Indianapolis.  

Second, why is this game on a Friday evening vs. Saturday?  Strikes me it will be a pain for Leo folks to have to be in Indy on a Friday evening v. Saturday afternoon.  

Since you Evansville Memorial folks have a lot more experience with Soccer state championships maybe you can explain it.

PS - there is a certain irony in all this.  The Chatard Girls lost to Guerin in OT just a couple of weeks ago in the State tournament.

Boys and girls teams play the same weekend with all games at IUPUI.  3 classes.  2 games Friday, four games Saturday.