Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Who is your Top 6?

BTF

43 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The CFP is not an NCAA championship. It’s an entertainment venture. Their charter says the goal is to get the 4 best teams in the country, so as to maximize the entertainment value of the events. Given their objective, I think they got it exactly right.

If I follow this logic, do you really believe Texas is better than Georgia??

45 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The CFP is not an NCAA championship. It’s an entertainment venture. Their charter says the goal is to get the 4 best teams in the country, so as to maximize the entertainment value of the events. Given their objective, I think they got it exactly right.

You sure about that? Georgia's not one of the Top 4 teams? "Exact" would be an opinion, nothing more. I'm not so sure Texas could beat Ohio State or Oregon. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

You sure about that? Georgia's not one of the Top 4 teams? "Exact" would be an opinion, nothing more. I'm not so sure Texas could beat Ohio State or Oregon. 

I mean the conference championships are sorta quarterfinals, so no.  Sorry Georgia.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Florida State can’t control their schedule anymore than Alabama can and they won every game on it. Clearly the criteria is to guarantee an auto-bid for one SEC team and find 3 other teams to compete all while saying so and so metric was used when in reality it wasn’t.

Sure they can, quit scheduling Patsy Central. FSU certainly scheduled some weaklings and their conference flat out stinks

10 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Sure they can, quit scheduling Patsy Central. FSU certainly scheduled some weaklings and their conference flat out stinks

Patsy Central? They scheduled LSU and Florida in the non-conference. Name another P5 team in America that scheduled two SEC opponents in the non-conference. It’s not FSU’s fault Florida sucks. 

They went 13-0 in a P5 conference on top of playing LSU and Florida. That should get you in the CFP every damn year. The CFP has made it clear on-field results no longer matter. This is the end of the ACC is we know it. Clemson, Miami, FSU are on the first flight out.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, temptation said:

Bama played MTSU, Chattanooga and USF…

Yes I stated that either in this thread or another thread. Difference is the ACC conference stinks while the SEC does offer some pretty good opponents. Bama also played Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, and LSU

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Patsy Central? They scheduled LSU and Florida in the non-conference. Name another P5 team in America that scheduled two SEC opponents in the non-conference. It’s not FSU’s fault Florida sucks. 

They went 13-0 in a P5 conference on top of playing LSU and Florida. That should get you in the CFP every damn year. The CFP has made it clear on-field results no longer matter. This is the end of the ACC is we know it. Clemson, Miami, FSU are on the first flight out.

What would you call North Alabama? Southern Mississippi? Throw in about 6 brutal ACC teams and it’s a wrap. Damn, I don’t like Alabama or Texas, but crap, they both would hammer FSU. The quality of FSU conference is flat out bad. One of the reasons Notre Dame gets called out for their scheduling they play 5 ACC teams a year. Worst power 5 conference out there and it’s not even close

2 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Nick Saban, bitching.  Nuff Said!  Dude will ALWAYS get his way!  

Well said

6 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Serious question; if roles were reversed and Alabama was staring at a 13-0 season without its starting QB available for the CFP, is the committee leaving them out? Not a chance in hell.

Wasn’t all that long ago Ohio State won the whole damn thing with their 3rd string QB. Anyone remember any discussion about leaving Ohio St out? I don’t.

This is a pure money grab. Bama draws more eyeballs than Florida St, nothing more nothing less. You won’t convince me FSU would have been in WITH a healthy QB given the way this weekend played out. The committee would have just move their criteria goal posts from “FSU has no QB” to “Alabama played in a better conference”.

Brett McMurphy reporting the ACC has entered into any bowl conversations with their partners. Total ACC bowl boycott would be an appropriate response given they’ve basically been labeled a G5 conference by thf committee.

You need to remember that Alabama beat then #1 Georgia, and ended a 29 game winning streak.  Not bad credentials as far as I can tell. Florida State had a much weaker SOS and on top of that they lost their QB, through no fault of their own.  We'll see how they fare against Georgia in their Bowl Game.  That will answer the committee's choice and the critics too.

7 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

You need to remember that Alabama beat then #1 Georgia, and ended a 29 game winning streak.  Not bad credentials as far as I can tell. Florida State had a much weaker SOS and on top of that they lost their QB, through no fault of their own.  We'll see how they fare against Georgia in their Bowl Game.  That will answer the committee's choice and the critics too.

Not after multiple opt outs.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Yes I stated that either in this thread or another thread. Difference is the ACC conference stinks while the SEC does offer some pretty good opponents. Bama also played Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, and LSU

ACC had a winning record against SEC opponents this season. This was not the best year by far for the SEC. 

Best conference top to bottom this season was the conference dissolved….

• Like 1

What would you call North Alabama? Southern Mississippi? Throw in about 6 brutal ACC teams and it’s a wrap. Damn, I don’t like Alabama or Texas, but crap, they both would hammer FSU. The quality of FSU conference is flat out bad. One of the reasons Notre Dame gets called out for their scheduling they play 5 ACC teams a year. Worst power 5 conference out there and it’s not even close

Well said

image.thumb.png.b06d5a7cce788a8c30cf2694950eff79.png

Bama LOST to Texas and beat LSU by a lesser margin than FSU did. Tennessee was good in name only this year.

11 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

If I follow this logic, do you really believe Texas is better than Georgia??

Without following the logic, I will say I think Texas is the best team of the 4 in the playoff. And I also do think they are better than Georgia. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Without following the logic, I will say I think Texas is the best team of the 4 in the playoff. And I also do think they are better than Georgia. 

That's fair....I do not, but being a long time married guy, proven wrong more times than not!!

• Haha 1

Good read about FSU's snub and I understand his view about Washington......would have been nice to give the PAC 12 their final Rose Bowl.  Can argue Washington earned it.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39033710/cfp-anger-index-unpacking-outrage-florida-state-snub-2023

Then we moved to a four-team playoff, and the whole point was to eliminate the hypotheticals and let a champion be crowned by the actual results on the field. If you won your games, you had a chance to win a national title.

Turns out, all of that was a charade. None of it mattered. The games are pointless. What happens on the field is less important than what a committee thinks might happen in a future matchup.

It is an absolute slap in the face to every player who has ever put on a helmet, laced up cleats and marched onto the field to battle for a victory, because a bunch of folks in a conference room in Texas decided their sacrifice was not as important as the Las Vegas line on a potential playoff matchup.

It's a joke.

Let's be real about what happened here: The committee members couldn't leave the SEC out of the playoff. They didn't care that Alabama needed a miracle to avoid a loss to 6-6 Auburn two weeks ago. They didn't care that Georgia's own injuries -- playing with a banged-up Ladd McConkey and Brock Bowers -- likely played a large part in why the Tide won Saturday. They didn't care that the ACC has a winning record, head-to-head, against the SEC this season. They didn't care that Alabama beat 2023 Georgia, not 2021 or 2022 Georgia. They cared that Alabama and the SEC had to have a spot in the playoff by birthright. And as a result, they sent a message that what happened on the field -- the blood, tears and sacrifice that players made all season to win every game on their schedule -- was less important than getting the most compelling TV matchup.

But hey, there'll be a 12-team playoff next year, so all is forgiven, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Good read about FSU's snub and I understand his view about Washington......would have been nice to give the PAC 12 their final Rose Bowl.  Can argue Washington earned it.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39033710/cfp-anger-index-unpacking-outrage-florida-state-snub-2023

Then we moved to a four-team playoff, and the whole point was to eliminate the hypotheticals and let a champion be crowned by the actual results on the field. If you won your games, you had a chance to win a national title.

Turns out, all of that was a charade. None of it mattered. The games are pointless. What happens on the field is less important than what a committee thinks might happen in a future matchup.

It is an absolute slap in the face to every player who has ever put on a helmet, laced up cleats and marched onto the field to battle for a victory, because a bunch of folks in a conference room in Texas decided their sacrifice was not as important as the Las Vegas line on a potential playoff matchup.

It's a joke.

Let's be real about what happened here: The committee members couldn't leave the SEC out of the playoff. They didn't care that Alabama needed a miracle to avoid a loss to 6-6 Auburn two weeks ago. They didn't care that Georgia's own injuries -- playing with a banged-up Ladd McConkey and Brock Bowers -- likely played a large part in why the Tide won Saturday. They didn't care that the ACC has a winning record, head-to-head, against the SEC this season. They didn't care that Alabama beat 2023 Georgia, not 2021 or 2022 Georgia. They cared that Alabama and the SEC had to have a spot in the playoff by birthright. And as a result, they sent a message that what happened on the field -- the blood, tears and sacrifice that players made all season to win every game on their schedule -- was less important than getting the most compelling TV matchup.

But hey, there'll be a 12-team playoff next year, so all is forgiven, right?

Nailed it.

Embarrassing that the committee views a loss to a single player more damaging than an actual loss on the field. Basically told every single ACC team going forward that you don't control you own destiny and the only avenue to the CFP is hope and pray there are enough SEC/B10 teams with (several) losses in front of you. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Nailed it.

Embarrassing that the committee views a loss to a single player more damaging than an actual loss on the field. Basically told every single ACC team going forward that you don't control you own destiny and the only avenue to the CFP is hope and pray there are enough SEC/B10 teams with (several) losses in front of you. 

Its definitely a "Travis-ty."

20 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Although I don't have a dog in this fight, the cash cows (of the B1G and SEC) must be appeased.   To that end, who is going to tune in and watch Florida State's backup QB?   Sadly, TV rating must now be considered as well...

Then why rank teams for 8 straight weeks if none of it is going to be considered? The committee knew 3 weeks ago Jordan Travis was out for the year yet still moved Florida State UP in the last regular season poll after Ohio State's loss from 5 to 4. How does #7 Texas jump #4 Florida State after Florida State beat a team ranked higher than the opponent Florida State just beat by the committee's OWN rankings? Make it make sense!

If the CFP is all about eyeballs and ratings, just come out before the season starts and say these are the 4 teams that will be playing in the postseason because these are the 4 teams that we believe will draw the best ratings. Save everyone else the time and trouble. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Then why rank teams for 8 straight weeks if none of it is going to be considered? The committee knew 3 weeks ago Jordan Travis was out for the year yet still moved Florida State UP in the last regular season poll after Ohio State's loss from 5 to 4. How does #7 Texas jump #4 Florida State after Florida State beat a team ranked higher than the opponent Florida State just beat by the committee's OWN rankings? Make it make sense!

If the CFP is all about eyeballs and ratings, just come out before the season starts and say these are the 4 teams that will be playing in the postseason because these are the 4 teams that we believe will draw the best ratings. Save everyone else the time and trouble. 

All great points.

McElroy did an about face yesterday after saying 6 days ago that “no one loss team should jump an undefeated power 5 team.”

He received his company marching orders.