Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CG/CA/RO/CHA - 4 Headed Monster Establishes Complete Dominance

Guest DT

Very similar to what we are seeing in the college game, a small group of schools has emerged and established complete dominance at the high school level in Indiana.

Center Grove is Alabama.    Dominant along both lines. Punishing ground game and new found success through the air.  The CG Bantam program is the most successful public school feeder system in state history.  Truth be told, CG runs its program like a PP.  No surprise thry are having such great success.

Cathedral is Ohio State    Just a short rung below the top notch, Cathedral and OSU have a nice partnership, and the Irish emulate the Buskeyes relentless approach on the field.  

Roncalli is Clemson    Never fully get the respect they deserve, and a huge chip on the shoulder mentality.  Rodenberg in one season has the program back at the very top echelon in the state.  They are only going to get better and stronger from here on out.

Chatard is Notre Dame   Always lingering, and always doing more with less, but performing at a very high level.  

Ive stated previoisly that just like in business, COVID has made the strong stronger and the weak weaker.  Those who are treading water are falling further behind.  

Carmel (LSU), Warren Central (Georgia), Ben Davis (Florida), Brownsburg (Oklahoma), Avon (Texas), Westfield, (Michigan), etc have their work cut out for them.

I actually sorta agree here and while you’ve addressed the P/P debate endlessly, where do you stand on 6A?

Does something need done in order to restore competitive balance as you call it?  If so, what?

What do the other 6A teams need to do (on/off the field) in order to close the gap?

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

I actually sorta agree here and while you’ve addressed the P/P debate endlessly, where do you stand on 6A?

Does something need done in order to restore competitive balance as you call it?  If so, what?

What do the other 6A teams need to do (on/off the field) in order to close the gap?

I'm glad you asked. Snider, Homestead, and Carroll need to schedule at least one game every year with the region, and one game with Indianapolis. Maybe take away the Region and schedule two games against Indianapolis. If you never get to play the standard, you'll never reach the standard. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

I'm glad you asked. Snider, Homestead, and Carroll need to schedule at least one game every year with the region, and one game with Indianapolis. Maybe take away the Region and schedule two games against Indianapolis. If you never get to play the standard, you'll never reach the standard. 

I’d love to see it.  I really would.

CG also sorta bucks the enrollment argument.  Less than 2700 students, right in the middle of the 6A field.

What have they figured out that others haven’t?

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

CG also sorta bucks the enrollment argument.  Less than 2700 students, right in the middle of the 6A field.

That's the thing, Eric Moore is doing something the other's aren't. I won't compare him to what Tippmann/Isaacs are doing at Snider since we are talking 1800, but he's definitely doing something that other schools with 2200 plus aren't doing. 

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

I dont believe the other 6A schools below a certain enrollment level will ever be able to close the gap on the Central Indiana mega schools.  Its time to recognize reality.  Many of these big Indy programs are run like college programs.  Outside of Central Indiana, schools just cant compete with that.  The best of the rest (Merrillville/Homestead/Carroll/Warsaw/Valpo/Elkhart/Penn/Snider/) are light years away from competiting against the Indy elites.

I am for splitting the 6A tournament into 2 separate tournaments, 6A and Super 6A.  The population centers in this state are fixed, so we need to recognize that and work within those parameters.

I would like to see 6A schools play a 10 game regular season, schedule.  They have the resources and the depth to play a longer season than the smaller classes do.  Have a bye week in week 11, and then run two concurrent 16 team, 4 week tournaments to determine  the two 6A champions.  I would also like to see the Super 6A field populated not only based on enrollment, but on additional criteria including Sagarin, Conf Championships, head to head, etc.  

No, I do not want to see 7A.  I would like to see a fluid 6A that gives the best programs the opportunity to play foir the biggest title, Super 6A.

This is similar to the Oklahoma model, where City of Tulsa  schools (Jenks and Union) have dominated the big class tournament for decades.  

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

The same thing that the other public non urban dynastys have figured out (Hobart/Sheridan/Jasper)  Total and complete buyin from all stakeholders. 

3 minutes ago, DT said:

The same thing that the other public non urban dynastys have figured out (Hobart/Sheridan/Jasper)  Total and complete buyin from all stakeholders. 

Jasper in Dubois County?  A dynasty?  They have 2 sectional titles in 12 years.  

18 minutes ago, DT said:

The best of the rest (Merrillville/Homestead/Carroll/Warsaw/Valpo/Elkhart/Penn/Snider/) 

Need two separate sentences here:

Snider, Penn, Valpo, & Merrillville = best of the rest

Homestead, Carroll, Warsaw, & Elkhart = potential to be next man up

Snider could have rumbled with anyone in Indy back in 15'. In 17' they self destructed and gave the game to Carmel.  Snider will rise from the ashes over the next three years. 

Edited by BTF
Additional wording

34 minutes ago, DT said:

I dont believe the other 6A schools below a certain enrollment level will ever be able to close the gap on the Central Indiana mega schools.  Its time to recognize reality.  Many of these big Indy programs are run like college programs.  Outside of Central Indiana, schools just cant compete with that.  The best of the rest (Merrillville/Homestead/Carroll/Warsaw/Valpo/Elkhart/Penn/Snider/) are light years away from competiting against the Indy elites.

I am for splitting the 6A tournament into 2 separate tournaments, 6A and Super 6A.  The population centers in this state are fixed, so we need to recognize that and work within those parameters.

I would like to see 6A schools play a 10 game regular season, schedule.  They have the resources and the depth to play a longer season than the smaller classes do.  Have a bye week in week 11, and then run two concurrent 16 team, 4 week tournaments to determine  the two 6A champions.  I would also like to see the Super 6A field populated not only based on enrollment, but on additional criteria including Sagarin, Conf Championships, head to head, etc.  

No, I do not want to see 7A.  I would like to see a fluid 6A that gives the best programs the opportunity to play foir the biggest title, Super 6A.

This is similar to the Oklahoma model, where City of Tulsa  schools (Jenks and Union) have dominated the big class tournament for decades.  

I see.  Now what do the super 16 teams NOT named Center Grove need to do to close the gap on “Alabama?”

46 minutes ago, BTF said:

Need two separate sentences here:

Snider, Penn, Valpo, & Merrillville = best of the rest

Homestead, Carroll, Warsaw, & Elkhart = potential to be next man up

Snider could have rumbled with anyone in Indy back in 15'. In 17' they self destructed and gave the game to Carmel.  Snider will rise from the ashes over the next three years. 

Snider enrollment not on a good trend.  That will impact their ability to keep up long term

29 minutes ago, temptation said:

I see.  Now what do the super 16 teams NOT named Center Grove need to do to close the gap on “Alabama?”

Jake Gilbert basically said that WF has modeled the CG program.  Football has always been a copycat game.  Perhaps others need to do the same.  It starts at the top.  Where is the next Eric Moore?

59 minutes ago, tango said:

Jasper in Dubois County?  A dynasty?  They have 2 sectional titles in 12 years.  

Coach Brewer is one of the all time winningest coaches in state history.  Success is not measured by sectional tiltles alone.  

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

Come on now.  They had that sectional thriller over Noblesville in 2019.

Lol, like I said in an earlier post. They were bored to tears that game. Eighty percent of the high school community up here in Fort Wayne still look at records. That 0-9 Noblesville team hit Homestead like a ton of bricks. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, like I said in an earlier post. They were bored to tears that game. Eighty percent of the high school community up here in Fort Wayne still look at records. That 0-9 Noblesville team hit Homestead like a ton of bricks. 

The other 20 percent must look at Luers’ record?  

Sorry, I had to.

No conference in the state more polarizing to me than the SAC.

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Coach Brewer is one of the all time winningest coaches in state history.  Success is not measured by sectional tiltles alone.  

Coach Brewer retired in 2002 after a long and successful career.  Since then Jasper has 3 Sectionals and 1 Regional.  

17 minutes ago, DT said:

Jake Gilbert basically said that WF has modeled the CG program.  Football has always been a copycat game.  Perhaps others need to do the same.  It starts at the top.  Where is the next Eric Moore?

Gotta also have that administrative buy in you always speak of too, right?  The coach can’t do it all alone.

That being considered, who do you see in that 17-40 range (looking long term) that could be the next Center Grove?

(I’ve got 4-5 ideas, let’s see if we agree.)

Edited by temptation

9 minutes ago, tango said:

Coach Brewer retired in 2002 after a long and successful career.  Since then Jasper has 3 Sectionals and 1 Regional.  

Apparently you are not familiar with the concept of using reference material when writing about history.  I learned that in junior high

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Gotta also have that administrative buy in you always speak of too, right?  The coach can’t do it all alone.

That being considered, who do you see in that 17-40 range (looking long term) that could be the next Center Grove?

(I’ve got 4-5 ideas, let’s see if we agree.)

Good question  Going out for a steak.  Too much bird lately.  Ill get back to you on that later today.

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Bishop Chatard and Cathedral have a lot of business to finish off  today.  Don 't get on board the bus until it gets to the station.

I love the Lou Holt's approach, but as long as Cathedral arrives safely on the team buses this name is blowout city.