Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional Final Scores

Bloomington South 49 Seymour 14 (final)

South held the Owls to just nine yards of total offense in the 3rd. The Owls drove down to the Panthers 10-yard line late in the game against the South backups but turned the ball over on downs and South stayed on ground to run out the clock. South will host Castle or Evansville North next week in the regional. 

6 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Uh they lost to Leo last week

thanks, I was out of loop last week and didn't get caught up on scores from last week thanks, That must have been the big upset last week? I assumed they got W

Edited by psaboy

Westfield 24

Noblesville 12

Noblesville took a 6-3 field goal battle late into the 3rd quarter, by using a bunch of clock with their ball control offense. When Westfield did have the ball, they had too many mistakes via costly penalties. Then late in the third, disaster stuck Noblesville. First, their punter drops the ball deep in their own end on 4th down. Westfield runs in an easy 8 yard "drive". Then on the kickoff, Noblesville again fumbles and Westfield recovers. Four plays later from the Noblesville nine yard line,  it's 17-6 Westfield. Noblesville does put together a nice drive and scores, but misses the two point conversion 17-12 Westfield. The Rocks have a time consuming drive come up empty. However Noblesviile turns it over on their own 30 via a Westfield interception. This time Westfield takes almost all of the time off of the clock, scoring a TD on a fake field goal play. That made the final 24-12. Rocks have their first home game in a month as they play for the regional championship with another rematch, this time against HSE, whom they beat with last second TD at HSE during the regular season.

10 minutes ago, psaboy said:

thanks, I was out of loop last week and didn't get caught up on scores from last week thanks, That must have been the big upset last week? I assumed they got W

I wouldn't call it an upset, just two very good teams going at it. Credit to Leo, it was the second time they beat them this year. First game was 14-7.

43 minutes ago, psaboy said:

OK, so if punt doesn't go past line of scrimmage, must be free ball?? Need Bobref to chime in here. 

If a kick does not go past the line of scrimmage, it can be picked up and advanced by the kicking team. In doing so, if they reach the line to gain, they would retain possession.