Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Sectional Assignments

20 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Evidently so are lubricants...because there doesn't seem to be enough to stop the squeaking......

Yeah, oil isn't cheap anymore either.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Well that's all squared away along with announcing girls wrestling and boys volleyball. Have to think boys & girls lacrosse will be next in line.

The lacrosse coaches do not have an interest in becoming an official IHSAA sport.

11 hours ago, BTF said:

Agree. I was thinking a 28-14 type game on an off year. That's not a slight on Harrison by any means. It's more of a testament of how good Indy suburban schools have become over the last 15 years. I like my idea better of sticking two FW teams in Indy and two in SB. That would have pushed Harrison to the northwest. Crown Point is no slouch, but that sectional would have been easier with Penn being pushed to SB/FW. 

Sectional 2, Penn, Snider, Carroll and Elkhart. 

Woof

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

32 is just casually

Memorial, Mater Dei, Gibson Southern, Southridge, Heritage Hills, Vincennes Lincoln.

apologies to Mt Vernon….and Princeton never had a chance anyways. 

There’s a possibility of 4 or 5 ranked schools in 32…maybe even multiple in the top 5 of 3A lol

what a sectional...wow!

8 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

The lacrosse coaches do not have an interest in becoming an official IHSAA sport.

Why not?  Is that sport too "high class" so making it an official IHSAA sport could open the door for bottom feeder government schools to start lacrosse programs?

9 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

That’s inconsistent to everything I have heard in the past from the lacrosse community going back almost 20 years.  Could you elaborate?

16 hours ago, temptation said:

Yes, feel bad for Harrison.  They are an up and coming program that will be pretty damn good it seems but I give them little chance in that gauntlet of a sectional.

Really tough draw for them. I saw your and @BTF's exchange on the topic. Going to be a tough challenge for them to get ANY of those teams even on a down year. As BTF stated, not necessarily a slight to Harrison as much as it is a credit to the Indy suburb schools and how good they've gotten over the years. Nothing would be better for Indiana football, in my opinion, than if Harrison proves us wrong and can do what we're assuming (based on previous data) they will struggle to do. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lysander said:

That’s inconsistent to everything I have heard in the past from the lacrosse community going back almost 20 years.  Could you elaborate?

Different than what I've heard our coaches say too. They want to be fully recognized by the IHSAA.  

Edited by tango

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

6A South...

download (21).jpg

As chaotic as ever. Can't wait to see the matchups for Sectional 5. What a snooze fest, AmIright? 🙄😂 

If you ever wanted or NEEDED reasoning to seed the BIG class, look no further than Sectional 5. There's probably a few sectionals beyond Sectional 5 that make seeding make sense for ALL classes but not sure we'll ever get there, unfortunately... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, CoachMack219 said:

As chaotic as ever. Can't wait to see the matchups for Sectional 5. What a snooze fest, AmIright? 🙄😂 

If you ever wanted or NEEDED reasoning to seed the BIG class, look no further than Sectional 5. There's probably a few sectionals beyond Sectional 5 that make seeding make sense for ALL classes but not sure we'll ever get there, unfortunately... 

The Central Indiana 6A Sectionals are pretty easy to make sense. I was just hoping they weren't going to reinvent the wheel. When Carmel dropped to the South, BD had to go to the Sectional with Tech, Southport and Perry Meridian. That was great for the trophy case, but it wasn't so good for those squads. Warren is in that boat now. With Cathedral up to 6A, you can't put WC in with NC, LN and LC.

The one that never made sense to me was when Ben Davis had to drive past North Central to be in the Sectional on the Eastside with LN, LC and Warren. That configuration had Ben Davis playing Avon in the Semistate. Seeding is a different kettle of fish. There seems to be no desire to do that from the IHSAA.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

The Central Indiana 6A Sectionals are pretty easy to make sense. I was just hoping they weren't going to reinvent the wheel. When Carmel dropped to the South, BD had to go to the Sectional with Tech, Southport and Perry Meridian. That was great for the trophy case, but it wasn't so good for those squads. Warren is in that boat now. With Cathedral up to 6A, you can't put WC in with NC, LN and LC.

The one that never made sense to me was when Ben Davis had to drive past North Central to be in the Sectional on the Eastside with LN, LC and Warren. That configuration had Ben Davis playing Avon in the Semistate. Seeding is a different kettle of fish. There seems to be no desire to do that from the IHSAA.

Just throw in an extra bye and allow Southport/Perry/Tech to consolidate and play Warren in the final.

Might be a competitive game.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

I would argue all four 6A North Sectionals are competitive....and can create a wide variety of intersting regional story lines.

6A South????        "Best I can do is a Round 1 BD/BB Rematch"

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, tango said:

Different than what I've heard our coaches say too. They want to be fully recognized by the IHSAA.  

….and have been hoping for it for almost 20 years.  I absolutely can’t imagine them not wanting IHSAA recognition.  I really find it doubtful that those involved in Indiana HS Lacrosse “took a pass” on IHSAA recognition.

There are many reasons but one I’m aware of is that it likely changes the whole dynamic for the sport at a lot of public schools where they are (or were) paying small fortunes for field use…or being prohibited entirely from usage.  Let alone opening up opportunities at some schools to earn a letter.

it also likely changes the whole funding situation as well v. the normally high parental financial cost associated with a sport like lacrosse.

In many of those cases, coaches are likely subject directly to the whims of the parents who directly fund via the club.  If it’s an IHSAA sport, I’m assuming the coach is now solely subject to the school administration.

Edited by Lysander

25 minutes ago, Lysander said:

….and have been hoping for it for almost 20 years.  I absolutely can’t imagine them not wanting IHSAA recognition.  I really find it doubtful that those involved in Indiana HS Lacrosse “took a pass” on IHSAA recognition.

There are many reasons but one I’m aware of is that it likely changes the whole dynamic for the sport at a lot of public schools where they are (or were) paying small fortunes for field use…or being prohibited entirely from usage.  Let alone opening up opportunities at some schools to earn a letter.

it also likely changes the whole funding situation as well v. the normally high parental financial cost associated with a sport like lacrosse.

In many of those cases, coaches are likely subject directly to the whims of the parents who directly fund via the club.  If it’s an IHSAA sport, I’m assuming the coach is now solely subject to the school administration.

I have definitely seen our program moving in this direction. It looks much less like a travel team than it did 10 years ago. I guess one drawback of being an IHSAA sport is no Sunday participation. Do some places have LAX (about all I know of the sport 🙂) games on Sunday? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

If you’re driving past North Central to get to Warren, you’re doing it wrong.

BD/Warren are slightly closer geographically than BD/North Central.

Just busting your chops.  I get your point.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lysander said:

It isn’t any direct knowledge I have, but it is what was shared by the IHSAA commissioner.

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

Yeah, given some experience with Indiana High School Hockey, my gut is to look toward the association's board and the boards from each team more than the coaches. 

15 hours ago, tango said:

I have definitely seen our program moving in this direction. It looks much less like a travel team than it did 10 years ago. I guess one drawback of being an IHSAA sport is no Sunday participation. Do some places have LAX (about all I know of the sport 🙂) games on Sunday? 

To my knowledge there have been no Indiana HS LAX games on Sundays…at least in Central Indiana.  Additionally, there is a real dearth of officials that drives what days of the week LAX is often played since these same officials are sometimes literally covering Youth all the way up to College LAX. There’s a lot of Youth and College LAX played on weekends which pushes HS games to be played M-F if possible.

12 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

It isn’t any direct knowledge I have, but it is what was shared by the IHSAA commissioner.

Understood.  Thanks.  That said, it wouldn’t be the first time the thought that an IHSAA Commissioner (past or present) was full of it passed my mind.

10 hours ago, PDB26 said:

Yeah, given some experience with Indiana High School Hockey, my gut is to look toward the association's board and the boards from each team more than the coaches. 

Yeah.  I’m hard pressed to really disagree with you on that. The boards I’ve been a part of have generally done a pretty good job….although they can clearly be abused (and abusive). I’ve seen a lot more flaky coaches than boards as regards club sports.

22 hours ago, temptation said:

If you’re driving past North Central to get to Warren, you’re doing it wrong.

BD/Warren are slightly closer geographically than BD/North Central.

Just busting your chops.  I get your point.

That would be a long way around!