Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jasper 1-2 at Heritage Hills 3-0

17 minutes ago, Coach_K said:

Being a part of this great game for about a decade was an awesome experience.  I played in 2 of these games and coached in 8.  It was always fun to see the kids get fired up to compete with one another. 

I remember playing middle school, freshmen and varsity sports against great players like Cole Seifrig, Ryan McMannaway and others. It is a shame this series will be ending, however it  (joining the SIAC) was in the best interest of the Wildcats.  

I hope this is a slobber-knocker, and a fitting end to the series.... (for now, I hope!)

Not trying to offend any person, family member, fan, relative (you get the gist)  Is this statement really accurate, especially in boys athletics.   Let's think about this:  9 football games against the city, Castle and Vincennes.  Speaking honestly here, the Wildcats probably go 3-6 ish maybe 4-5 ish.   Basketball.....with Bosse, Reitz, Castle etc, etc, etc  not sure what they would expect their conference record to be.  Baseball I can see being perfectly capable.   So is it the best interest???  Time will tell.

Just now, Patriot 74 said:

Not trying to offend any person, family member, fan, relative (you get the gist)  Is this statement really accurate, especially in boys athletics.   Let's think about this:  9 football games against the city, Castle and Vincennes.  Speaking honestly here, the Wildcats probably go 3-6 ish maybe 4-5 ish.   Basketball.....with Bosse, Reitz, Castle etc, etc, etc  not sure what they would expect their conference record to be.  Baseball I can see being perfectly capable.   So is it the best interest???  Time will tell.

I understand your point, but Football, Basketball, and Baseball Sectionals are almost all SIAC schools, so to me (outsider perspective) yes.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coach_K said:

I am sure it will be on 104.7 WITZ Southwestern Indiana's Powerhouse! With Walt Ferber and the Coach Terry Gobert!

I prefer to listen to 103.3 FM WAXL with @Bcaster and Michael Crews! 

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Is HH QB healthy this week? I thought I read somewhere that he missed last week's game.

Does it matter who is turning around and handing the ball off 45 times? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I prefer to listen to 103.3 FM WAXL with @Bcaster and Michael Crews! 

Clearly, it did not matter last week! Just an honest question... not sure it will affect the outcome of the game at all.

I have HH JV playing in the 4th quarter.

2 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

I think there are plenty of advantages joining the SIAC. We play most of the Evansville schools in baseball and basketball already like you said. In football, we already play Ev. Memorial and Vincennes, sure our records may only be 3-6 or 5-5, but we play teams that are more competitive. Which helps us play a full game as opposed to always taking your starters out 2nd half.  Plus it will help the kids get use to seeing larger crowds and more fields with turf. A lot of times teams wont' see this until they get deep in the tournament. 

• Like 2

Last season Jasper Didn't play Castle or Bosse in Boys  basketball but went 7-1 against the SIAC including winning the 4A sectional.

Losses Memorial

Wins Reitz twice, North twice, Mater Dei, Harrison and  Central. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

He was our leading rusher  last season and  without him opponents can key on Wetzel and try to make the other backs beat them, Don't  get me wrong Vaal Rodgers and Mundy  are all good backs but its nice having that running QB. also would miss his speed  in the secondary .

• Like 1

Are you serious?  Yes it was in their best interest.  I think a normal Jasper football season in the past they could easily go 6-3.  And it helps tremendously with the other sports.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Are you serious?  Yes it was in their best interest.  I think a normal Jasper football season in the past they could easily go 6-3.  And it helps tremendously with the other sports.

I will add that in the last decade Mater Dei, Memorial, Castle, and Central have all has losing seasons in conference. (3 -4 in conference play or worse.) 

North, Harrison, and Bosse have had all had seasons with 4+ conference wins, with Harrison and Bosse winning sectionals. 

So while there might be a 3-6 for Jasper, I bet there will be some 6-3 seasons as well. It’s all cyclical. 

In regards to Jasper joining the SIAC - to each their own I suppose. But the fact they "thought" the PAC would not provide enough competition is just comical. Maybe they dominate in a lot of "non marquee" sports...but in football, wrestling, basketball, and baseball, they ain't winning the PAC most years. Just sayin....but hey, you take those hour  drive on a Thursday night and the awesome revenue gates you'll pull in when you play Bosse/Harrison/Central on a Friday night in football as opposed to SHS/HH/Gibson...brilliant decision. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jets said:

In regards to Jasper joining the SIAC - to each their own I suppose. But the fact they "thought" the PAC would not provide enough competition is just comical. Maybe they dominate in a lot of "non marquee" sports...but in football, wrestling, basketball, and baseball, they ain't winning the PAC most years. Just sayin....but hey, you take those hour  drive on a Thursday night and the awesome revenue gates you'll pull in when you play Bosse/Harrison/Central on a Friday night in football as opposed to SHS/HH/Gibson...brilliant decision. 

What about Jasper's soccer, swimming, golf, volleyball, and tennis programs? It does make sense. We football fans may not like it, but Jasper is more than football, baseball, and basketball.

34 minutes ago, jets said:

I didn't say the PAC is competitive. In football we play the top schools other than Gibson Southern, but come tournament time it's SIAC other than 1-2 other schools. Like I said, I would rather see us struggle against a good Mater Dei or Reitz team than whip up on Washington or a Princeton team each year. The PAC has their weaker teams too. I'm not a big fan of driving to Evansville all the time, but they still have to drive here too.

21 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

What about Jasper's soccer, swimming, golf, volleyball, and tennis programs? It does make sense. We football fans may not like it, but Jasper is more than football, baseball, and basketball.

"Maybe they dominate in a lot of "non marquee" sports...but in football, wrestling, basketball, and baseball, they ain't winning the PAC most years."

If that's what they want, then touche I guess. I didn't think it made a ton of sense economically either. Just stating my opinion on the matter. 

5 minutes ago, jets said:

"Maybe they dominate in a lot of "non marquee" sports...but in football, wrestling, basketball, and baseball, they ain't winning the PAC most years."

If that's what they want, then touche I guess. I didn't think it made a ton of sense economically either. Just stating my opinion on the matter. 

Maybe if it doesn't work out for them they can come join the PAC SED.