Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A Regional Championship: 4#8Mooresville @ 4#3Memorial

58 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Mooresville to Evansville Bosse Enlow Field is about 2 hrs 25 min. Which is a little shorter than Chatard traveling there (about 3 hrs) and much shorter than East Central almost 4 hrs. 

Nov 11 2016 was a Friday and Monrovia traveled to the Reitz Bowl to play Mater Dei (a 2 hr 30 min drive) and beat Mater Dei 35-28. Game time is 7:30pm EST (6:30 pm CST). If the Pioneers leave at say Noon should be more than enough time to get there and do all your normal pre-game routine.

I agree, traveling by car is a straight through drive of about 2.5-hours.....but by Charter-Bus, add 15-min to drive time then 15-minutes sitting before departure....the players will be on that bus for more than 3-hours. If it's a couple school buses....then add more.

I also agree that leaving by noon should give them plenty of time get there and prepare.

Does anyone know if this game will be streaming live? If so, please inform.

1 hour ago, Mopi11 said:

One more thing #6 for Memorial is a beast!

I see a couple beast on both teams. Should be a fun Friday night with a packed house. #6 is a special player and has been for 3 years. His brother, Branson, was a beast for 4 years. Now a redshirt freshman at Southern Illinois. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mopi11 said:

I dont post much on here only been on here since August.  I have a kid that plays for Mooresville. I have never told him about this forum cause his job is to get ready to play and not read much into what is being said . Needless to say we were sitting at dinner lastnight and all of us were talking he looks at me and said dad have you ever heard of the football digest . Me yeah the indiana gridiron digest  why? He chuckles and said him and some teammates were reading some of the post and said by the looks of it we r down 7 when we get off the bus and nobody has won on a Friday night at  this Enlow stadium. All I said was be the first. Thought it was funny how even players get on here.

Only seen a few threads in the past where players have gotten on GID.  It usually makes for some very humorous comments. 

I'm pretty sure no Memorial person posting on here who has seen films thinks the Pioneers are the underdog.  I've watched each film we have several times and there is no question Mooresville is the best team we've faced all year.  We will have our hands full and are going to have to be perfect just to have a chance.   If you have time before the game, stop by our tailgate in the east lot.  I always enjoy meeting fans from the other teams.  Just ask for Tango...  LOL..  Might even have a little something to warm you up before you head in..... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, troyfan said:

II also agree that leaving by noon should give them plenty of time get there and prepare.

Does anyone know if this game will be streaming live? If so, please inform.

Yep, that is enough time.  Chatard was really late last year.  I'm not sure what happened.  They didn't arrive until about 40 minutes before KO. 

No video stream.  WREF radio is broadcasting and you can listen via their website.  Google "WREF 97.7 radio". 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tango said:

Only seen a few threads in the past where players have gotten on GID.  It usually makes for some very humorous comments. 

I'm pretty sure no Memorial person posting on here who has seen films thinks the Pioneers are the underdog.  I've watched each film we have several times and there is no question Mooresville is the best team we've faced all year.  We will have our hands full and are going to have to be perfect just to have a chance.   If you have time before the game, stop by our tailgate in the east lot.  I always enjoy meeting fans from the other teams.  Just ask for Tango...  LOL..  Might even have a little something to warm you up before you head in..... 

Was the SIAC down as a whole this year?  Or was it much more even?  It seems like there are always really good Evansville teams, so I'm surprised to see you say that Mooresville will be the best team you guys have played this year

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

So on Friday the home team won and Saturdays the road team won? Ok. 

Home team will always have an advantage when it gets this time of year and the drives get a little further, but that Friday game could have been a Saturday game since Central didn't have school that day.  Maybe you prove me wrong this weekend and Memorial pulls out the win.  I won't be surprised whoever wins this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

4 hours ago, troyfan said:

You injected yourself into an EIAC thread with ridiculous comments and post attacking another EIAC team

Hey Boy-Fan, I am an EIAC guy born and raised!  I was merely pointing out the fact that a 3A EIAC team lost to a 1A school!  Milan just just happened to be that team!

So Chris Morgan...it is you who initiated the angry-man comments and it is you who continues this behavior.

Only a true A$s-hole calls out someone by name on the grid!!!  

it is you who initiated the angry-man comments and it is you who continues this behavior

All of my comments were between me and K9, you injected yourself and your comments into our discussion, and I'm sure K9 didn't need your help!  I was light-heartedly kidding about getting on my "bad side" learn how to take a joke!

• Disdain 1

45 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Was the SIAC down as a whole this year?  Or was it much more even?  It seems like there are always really good Evansville teams, so I'm surprised to see you say that Mooresville will be the best team you guys have played this year

Actually, I would say better from top to bottom than last year.  Last year it was just Memorial and Central for the most part.  This year Memorial, Central, Mater Dei & Castle were the top 4, then North & Reitz.  Bosse was better.  Harrison was the only guaranteed win IMO.  Mooresville is bigger than anyone in SIAC.  They are also athletic.   Central is probably more explosive than Mooresville, but they aren't as big. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Art VanDelay said:

Hey Boy-Fan, I am an EIAC guy born and raised!  I was merely pointing out the fact that a 3A EIAC team lost to a 1A school!  Milan just just happened to be that team!

Only a true A$s-hole calls out someone by name on the grid!!!  

All of my comments were between me and K9, you injected yourself and your comments into our discussion, and I'm sure K9 didn't need your help!  I was light-heartedly kidding about getting on my "bad side" learn how to take a joke!

You obviously don't know who Chris Morgan is....maybe you should look him up....and heed your own advice on taking a joke. 😅

Please continue....

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Rumor has it the Pioneers will be allowing adequate time for travel and may even stop and have a “walkthrough” in Daviess County on the way down south...

Looks like the veteran Coach Gillin has been around the block a time or two and wants to play it smart if true.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tango said:

Tango I'll be at your house at 3:42 Friday. Wheels up at 3:56. #FTF 

22 hours ago, tango said:

Yep, that is enough time.  Chatard was really late last year.  I'm not sure what happened.  They didn't arrive until about 40 minutes before KO. 

No video stream.  WREF radio is broadcasting and you can listen via their website.  Google "WREF 97.7 radio". 

no video surprise,surprise. Not. maybe someday,  i mean we do have that fancy interweb thingy in kentuckiana.

18 minutes ago, Titandad71 said:

no video surprise,surprise. Not. maybe someday,  i mean we do have that fancy interweb thingy in kentuckiana.

How was the Chatard game streamed last year?  Was this a local effort by one of the EVV area TV stations or was it the IHSAA game of the week, etc?  I enjoyed watching on my TV from the comfort of my living room.  Seems to be few, if any, games available for viewing with this year's tournament.

19 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

How was the Chatard game streamed last year?  Was this a local effort by one of the EVV area TV stations or was it the IHSAA game of the week, etc?  I enjoyed watching on my TV from the comfort of my living room.  Seems to be few, if any, games available for viewing with this year's tournament.

It was not any of the local stations.  I believe it was through the IHSAAtv.com.

1 hour ago, Titandad71 said:

I agree with you there. I’ve watched some fine games via SEI Local, Greene County SN, ISC, and IHSAATV. (There’s one or two more up North that escapes me.) 

SW Indiana presents an opportunity if someone wanted to create a regional streaming network. 

27 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I agree with you there. I’ve watched some fine games via SEI Local, Greene County SN, ISC, and IHSAATV. (There’s one or two more up North that escapes me.) 

SW Indiana presents an opportunity if someone wanted to create a regional streaming network. 

Lets gooooo.  I can handle techy stuff....who can chase down advertising dollars....Oh and the SIAC charges a substantial fee I'm told?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Lets gooooo.  I can handle techy stuff....who can chase down advertising dollars....Oh and the SIAC charges a substantial fee I'm told?

I wonder if a fee was paid to EVSC last year when the Chatard game was broadcast? 

Prediction time! 

All of thought has been brought in to this prediction: 

Mooresville could blow out Memorial in a beat down 

Memorial could blow out Mooresville in a beat down 

Mooresville could win a close one 

Memorial could win a close one 

My prediction: Come into the game without any expectation of who will win the game, and go with the flow.