Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Dwenger at Harrison 5A regional

Pretty even game I’m thinking. John Harrell has Dwenger by 4. Might help Harrison that they are at home and BD goes on a long bus ride for the first time all year. I really have no idea what to expect besides the fact I think it will be close. Patrick Finley didn’t play last week against Northrop. They are already without their best defensive player for the year, I don’t know if they can win without their best offensive and defensive players in the lineup. Will be close either way imo but Finley might give them that extra spark that they need to win if he plays. 

21 minutes ago, FWfootball10 said:

Pretty even game I’m thinking. John Harrell has Dwenger by 4. Might help Harrison that they are at home and BD goes on a long bus ride for the first time all year. I really have no idea what to expect besides the fact I think it will be close. Patrick Finley didn’t play last week against Northrop. They are already without their best defensive player for the year, I don’t know if they can win without their best offensive and defensive players in the lineup. Will be close either way imo but Finley might give them that extra spark that they need to win if he plays. 

It's a long bus ride for sure. This may be a game that favors the home team. However, Dwenger is a resilient bunch. Never doubt them. 

1 hour ago, FWfootball10 said:

I was very surprised with Sam Pesa. Finley should be back. Talk in the stands they wanted to rest him against Northrop. 

Does anyone have any video on this team? Links to share?

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

Why was Finley not playing ?  I was wondering where he was.   

He got hurt in the second half against North Side.

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

I was very surprised with Sam Pesa. Finley should be back. Talk in the stands they wanted to rest him against Northrop. 

Does anyone have any video on this team? Links to share?

You’re right Pesa did play really well and had that pick six. That’s good to hear about Finley! I will try to find something on them. I’m pretty sure they run the option like Mishawaka did last year. Could be completely wrong though. There is a Harrison poster on here.

I like Harrison in this one.  While they lost, they played Jeff tough at home ... dropping the game by a TD.  That game has instilled some confidence and also stretched them too.

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

I like Harrison in this one.  While they lost, they played Jeff tough at home ... dropping the game by a TD.  That game has instilled some confidence and also stretched them too.

However, they lost their running back. May be a factor. https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/2019/11/11/harrison-running-back-marcel-atisso-suffers-season-ending-injury/2568609001/?fbclid=IwAR0JYwhwlY_wGdTtC73IZdVFUp8EzvUF8k5rTHZu1apKGZuOTuljBAObeRI

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I would love to see some game film on them. Only one I found was Logansport.  Can you provide a link? You can find all of Dwenger's games on Summitcitysports.com or on you tube under the same name. Thanks

14 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

I would love to see some game film on them. Only one I found was Logansport.  Can you provide a link? You can find all of Dwenger's games on Summitcitysports.com or on you tube under the same name. Thanks

I'll see if I can track something down.

30 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

I looked at their twitter and they posted one from last game against McCutcheon. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did that for all games but I only went back that far.

58 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I'll see if I can track something down.

Full film is elusive, but MaxPreps does have the Hudl recap of the games https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/harrison-raiders-(west-lafayette,in)/football/schedule.htm You can also check on the opponent's site to get a look at Harrison's defense too since most of the opponents' video is going to be from their own offensive standpoint.  There are also several other videos that focus on specific players' activity too on MaxPreps.

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

Here's Harrison vs. Westfield and it looks like the whole game https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/harrison-vs-westfield

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

I believe I saw this game was at 7. What ever happened to moving these games to 8? Thus allowing people that work until 5 to make the trip more easily. 

I figured the game was at 8 as well.  If that’s the case, the 7 o clock start is going to have a lot of people watching via the internet.  

I have a hard time figuring this one out.   Harrison has scored a lot of points this season but so has Homestead and so did Carroll and Snider. Dwenger’s totals given up against those 3 were 17, 3 and 7.  

I am going to wait until Friday to make my pick.   

11 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

I looked at their twitter and they posted one from last game against McCutcheon. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did that for all games but I only went back that far.

What is the Twitter name so I can check it out as well. 

28 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

What is the Twitter name so I can check it out as well. 

https://twitter.com/hhs_raider_fb?lang=en

The Harrison- McCutcheon game can also be found here: https://www.iscsportsnetwork.com/videos/2019-ihsaa-fb-mccutcheon-at-harrison?fbclid=IwAR0xS1MMjxAamPLZq46K2af8JMEXYALfZQaB7pQlesrS2A2JGG5xZ0gYXiE

• Thanks 1

Dwenger reminds me of those teams that my dad used to drag me to watch in the 1970s or 1980s.  I was bored to death.  Then boom, they pull some %&$* out and they are fun to watch.  What if their OC was at Luers?  🙂 

Edited by Robert
  • Haha 1