Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)

3A: Indianapolis Chatard (13-1) vs Heritage Hills (14-0)  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Indianapolis Chatard
    • Heritage Hills

5 hours ago, jimsinchur said:

deleted as not acceptable 

Jim, I realize you are a passionate fan of your Danville Warriors, but I ask you to tone the smack/trash talk down when inferencing teams that are not named Danville Warriors. 

I highly believe your mouth albeit your fingers on the keyboard are likely leading to a ban. Just read that somewhere. We are in 2019 ... if that helps.

best of luck next year! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chatard is beatable and no doubt you will see new wrinkles in the HH offense. HH may also get one of their biggest playmakers back. He looked pretty good while celebrating the romp of over matched Danville which clearly was outcoached and outconditioned. 

Chatard and Heritage Hills have history and much respect. This is the first time they'll meet at LoS. Many these coaches were on staff during the epic battles of the early 2000s. They know what it takes to beat Chatard, and to that point, I see HH running right at Chatard and probing for weaknesses. Special teams and the ability to get the ball in Sigler's hands in the open may be the difference. 

If you want to see a shootout, don't watch this one. Best of luck to both teams. 

This looks like a three score game to me, HH has to play a near perfect game and hope BC is "off" . but the game isnt played on paper, and theres no denying the heart and determination of these Pats. Its almost uncanny how HH seems to get stronger late in games, playing so many two way players. 

heart prediction HH 17 BC 14

head prediction BC 28 HH 6

Go Pats!

• Like 2

Heritage Hills offensive approach gives them a fighting chance.  Difficult to simulate what HH does and they do it with good lineman, good backs and a QB who knows what he's doing.  Plus a coaching staff that can make adjustments.

Think it could be if not the best game of the weekend, at least the 2nd best game. 

2 hours ago, Titandad71 said:

heart prediction HH 17 BC 14

head prediction BC 28 HH 6

Go Pats!

This!  

rooting for the rival Patriots in this one. But know Chatard is the standard for success in 3A.

Sigler is such a special player too. If Heritage Hills wins this, it’s because of this fine young man. 

Heritage Hills without sigler would probably be good enough to still be at LOS this week.  But Sigler adds a whole different level of play.

Basically....HH is a 700 HP Big Block running on e85.....The addition of Sigler makes the team a 900HP big block on 118 high octane.

by this measure. If Chatard wants to win. They have to contain Sigler. 

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This!  

rooting for the rival Patriots in this one. But know Chatard is the standard for success in 3A.

Sigler is such a special player too. If Heritage Hills wins this, it’s because of this fine young man. 

Heritage Hills without sigler would probably be good enough to still be at LOS this week.  But Sigler adds a whole different level of play.

Basically....HH is a 700 HP Big Block running on e85.....The addition of Sigler makes the team a 900HP big block on 118 high octane.

by this measure. If Chatard wants to win. They have to contain Sigler. 

I agree with the comments on Sigler.  Kid is amazing and will be super tough to handle.  I think this is the best game of the weekend (admit to obvious bias).  Two great teams, great tradition, history, etc.  I choose not to make predictions about any game, except, that I do think this will be the closest game Chatard plays this year.  I don't see this as a multi-score difference in favor of either team.   Hopefully, Chatard pulls it out, but, whichever team wins will have deserved it.  If Chatard wins, they will have beaten the #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, and #7 teams (by Sagarin) in 3A.  If HH wins, then it will have defeated the #1, #8, #9, #10, and #11 teams in 3A.  Nothing cheap about this championship either way.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I will start out by saying the two teams with the toughest draws and the toughest ROAD made it to LOS!! 
Mad respect for Chatard, obviously they are the team to beat!!  Probably heavily favored too!! 
Love my Patriots!! Cannot tell what a great group of young men they are!! This team has heart! This team believes!!

I believe too!! HH 22 BC 21 go for two to win it all!!

Edited by Patriot 74
  • Like 2

First off- hats off to the Patriots in getting to Lucas Oil. Way to represent the PAC! Had a group they’ve been waiting on for some time and they did what needed to be done. 

Now- for the ol nemisis Chatard. What is the outlook on their team?? Being down in the corner of the State- don’t know much about them?? Run heavy?? Throw it around the lot?? 

I will say if you think you’re just gonna line up and try and run it at the Patriots, you’re gonna be in for a “slobber knocker” of a game and probably a long night. 

This may be one of Chatard’s best teams. Very high strength of schedule, yet have dominated every team except Cathedral. HH has found ways to win against some pretty good teams that are also rivals (GS, Southridge). Sagarin has The Trojans as #6 in the state. Sagarin don’t lie in November.

Chatard 34

Jay Cutler HS 16

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

This may be one of Chatard’s best teams. Very high strength of schedule, yet have dominated every team except Cathedral. HH has found ways to win against some pretty good teams that are also rivals (GS, Southridge). Sagarin has The Trojans as #6 in the state. Sagarin don’t lie in November.

Chatard 34

Jay Cutler HS 16

Heritage Hills 13 Dray Mason HS 10

No reason to clutter the page up with a new thread so I will post this here.

This is the 8th meeting between Heritage Hills and Chatard and the Trojans lead the series 6-1. Chatard was ranked number 1 and Heritage Hills number 2 in the final regular season IFCA and AP polls.

Sagarin power poll has Chatard ranked 6th in the state all classes and Heritage Hills ranked 29th all classes.

Through 14 games Chatard is averaging 44.0 ppg and giving up 12.2 ppg and the Patriots are averaging 39.0 ppg and giving up 6.9 ppg.

The first meeting between these 2 schools was in the 1997 Regional, The next 6 meetings were in the South Semi State and this will be the first meeting in the state finals.

Heritage Hills lone victory in the series came in 2004, The Trojans came into that game as a heavy favorite and were the 3 time defending 3A state champs winning the title the previous 3 seasons. In that game Chatard led 10-0 after the first quarter, Heritage Hills added a Jace Morrison field goal in the 2nd quarter and trailed 10-3 at halftime .The Patriots had a long clock killing drive in the 3rd quarter and tied it up with 2:29 remaining in the 3rd on a Bryce Pund 2-yard touchdown run. Neither team was able to muster much offense in the 4th quarter before Jace Morrison kicked a 38-yard  field goal with 8.3 seconds left to seal the victory, At the time HH was the only public school to defeat both Chatard and Roncalli in the 3A playoffs.   

Series

1997  Indianapolis Chatard 24 Heritage Hills 21

2001  Indianapolis Chatard 34 Heritage Hills 14

2002  Indianapolis Chatard 35 Heritage Hills 28

2003  Indy Chatard 24 Heritage Hills 3

2004  Heritage Hills 13 Indianapolis Chatard 10

2005  Indianapolis Chatard 21 Heritage Hills 20 Overtime

2007  Indianapolis Chatard 28 Heritage Hills 17

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jets said:

First off- hats off to the Patriots in getting to Lucas Oil. Way to represent the PAC! Had a group they’ve been waiting on for some time and they did what needed to be done. 

Now- for the ol nemisis Chatard. What is the outlook on their team?? Being down in the corner of the State- don’t know much about them?? Run heavy?? Throw it around the lot?? 

I will say if you think you’re just gonna line up and try and run it at the Patriots, you’re gonna be in for a “slobber knocker” of a game and probably a long night. 

Who do u think Chatard has been running all over this year, 1A teams? HH isn’t going to scare Chatard and the O Line and Taylor are incredible. And don’t forget a Sowinski at WR.  Choose your poison. 

Chatard is a different animal this year. Sagarin has them winning 45-10. WOW. HH is a really good team with size and athletes. I think HH is going to be forced to  throw the ball more than they would like. I don’t think HH is going to be able to play smash mouth with a Chatard. Hope I’m wrong but I see the Trojans covering. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Chatard is a different animal this year. Sagarin has them winning 45-10. WOW. HH is a really good team with size and athletes. I think HH is going to be forced to  throw the ball more than they would like. I don’t think HH is going to be able to play smash mouth with a Chatard. Hope I’m wrong but I see the Trojans covering. 

First I know Chatard is a huge favorite and HH will need to play their best game and wont make a prediction but Sagarin doesn't make score predictions the 45-10 is John Harrel and John has made it known that he uses his own formula not Sagarins.

Sagarin has Chatard with predictor of 100.53 and Heritage Hills predictor of 79.04 subtract and neutral site you get the Trojans favored by 21.49 according to Sagarin. 

Screenshot_20191124-120448_Twitter.jpg

9 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Ok. I think Jeff’s prediction is pretty accurate at 45–0. 

Where do you get 45-0 ? to figure Sagarin you subtract the predictors and add home field advantage 

Sagarin had Chatard favored by 3 touchdowns 

If you use overall rating numbers instead of  predictor its still 3 touchdowns. Personally I could care less  just pointing out Sagarins prediction is 3 tds not 35 points like John Harrell

To make predictions for upcoming games, simply compare the RATINGS of the teams in question and allow an ADDITIONAL 2 points for the home team.

Thus, for example, a HOME team with a rating of 92 would be favored by 5 points over a VISITING team having a rating of 90.

Or a VISITING team with a rating of 89 would be favored by 7 points over a HOME team having a rating of 79.

30 minutes ago, DaveMosbey said:

Where do you get 45-0 ? to figure Sagarin you subtract the predictors and add home field advantage 

Sagarin had Chatard favored by 3 touchdowns 

If you use overall rating numbers instead of  predictor its still 3 touchdowns. Personally I could care less  just pointing out Sagarins prediction is 3 tds not 35 points like John Harrell

To make predictions for upcoming games, simply compare the RATINGS of the teams in question and allow an ADDITIONAL 2 points for the home team.

Thus, for example, a HOME team with a rating of 92 would be favored by 5 points over a VISITING team having a rating of 90.

Or a VISITING team with a rating of 89 would be favored by 7 points over a HOME team having a rating of 79.

Typo 45-10