Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2020

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

It doesn't take that many....I wouldn't think.....somewhere in between your estimation and my couple.  I should really play closer attention to what we have over there.

Exactly @tango. The Jewell is surrounded by restrooms for the gentlemen of Gibson County. The rest of the world just calls them ‘cornfields.’ 😂

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

The Reitz-MD scrimmage was cancelled yesterday 

Have to wonder if MD will have to cancel their first regular season game as well. Depends how many of their players have to quarantine and if they will get in enough practices. That's if Indiana football even gets to that point anyway. 🙄

25 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Have to wonder if MD will have to cancel their first regular season game as well. Depends how many of their players have to quarantine and if they will get in enough practices. That's if Indiana football even gets to that point anyway. 🙄

Hopefully it isn't serious, but, how does the MD team look since they had to replace a large senior class. Or any team in the SIAC

4 minutes ago, SouthernFan said:

MD had 2 kids test positive and they are related and live in the same household. This season is on life support

I do not believe that, I believe positive test are to be expected. Protocols to be followed, precautions will be made, games may be canceled but not the season. Not in jeopardy at this time IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Hopefully it isn't serious, but, how does the MD team look since they had to replace a large senior class. Or any team in the SIAC

From what I know, they should still be really solid. It will be extremely tough for them to replace who all they lost, but I could see them only losing one or two games. However, with their numbers, it will all depend on how well they can avoid COVID spreading. If only a couple kids test positive but they had extended contact with 10+ other players, then that may greatly affect how good they are/whether they can even play a game.

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

From what I know, they should still be really solid. It will be extremely tough for them to replace who all they lost, but I could see them only losing one or two games. However, with their numbers, it will all depend on how well they can avoid COVID spreading. If only a couple kids test positive but they had extended contact with 10+ other players, then that may greatly affect how good they are/whether they can even play a game.

Same with Memorial, heard that that our freshman class is a lot bigger than expected. Overall we should have an solid season, and the SIAC should be competitive again

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 2:32 PM, Football Fanatic said:

I would think this would be true with nearly every team in the state...

46 minutes ago, tango said:

It will be interesting to see how things shake out once the EVSC returns to class.  

I vote all non - athletes go virtual and put all the athletes in bubbles according to sport. A little more work for the teachers, some ticked off parents.... all for the betterment of our society! Think that will go over? 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tango said:

It will be interesting to see how things shake out once the EVSC returns to class.  

Did the EVSC push back its school start date because of COVID concerns? I thought most/all of Southern Indiana was in session at this point? 

12 minutes ago, jets said:

Did the EVSC push back its school start date because of COVID concerns? I thought most/all of Southern Indiana was in session at this point? 

Yes.  In July, the EVSC announced they were pushing their start date to 8/19 due to rising numbers in the community.  The Catholic schools started back up last week as scheduled.   I have not heard of any issues at Memorial so far.  Mater Dei had to cancel Mon-Wed practices but as the article says, the results were false positives and they are now cleared to get back after it.   C'est la vie...

Edited by tango

18 hours ago, tango said:

Yes.  In July, the EVSC announced they were pushing their start date to 8/19 due to rising numbers in the community.  The Catholic schools started back up last week as scheduled.   I have not heard of any issues at Memorial so far.  Mater Dei had to cancel Mon-Wed practices but as the article says, the results were false positives and they are now cleared to get back after it.   C'est la vie...

Mater Dei returned to practice on Tuesday.  Only cancelled the Monday practice.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

How were the overall scrimmages for each team over the weekend? I heard Central looked amazing against GS, Madison will be one heavy weapon for the Bears.  

Central has looked amazing against GS for 9 straight scrimmages.

edit:  Forgot we had Mt.Vernon a couple years.  They also looked amazing.

Edited by Titan32
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

It looked like Memorial played well during the Castle Scrimmage, same with Castle. Lots of weapons to use on both teams 

I ranked Memorial No. 1 in 4A at the start of last year and was mocked. I'm not sure the Tigers have the weapons (or possibility b/c COVID) to make another deep run, but how do you think they stack up in the SIAC? Still the team to beat until they're beat, I'd say.