Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 2 July

54 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I see many people on here are getting information from the Ron Paul Institute on the COVID situation.

As Dann and Ron say  "Facts over Fear"

A hearty applause

Who's Ron?

Here are the symptoms. 
There is a virus (symptoms look awfully familiar to other viruses and illnesses) just not that “virus”. 

Facts over fear. 

AD1DBC7E-C690-4991-BA3A-D2242CC42B9C.png

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Who's Ron?

He's a Senator from Kentucky. Most U.S. History teachers would know this. Some evidently don't. Next time you might want to consider using your Google machine.

Edited by gonzoron

A number of Region schools have suspended athletic activities because of the coronavirus pandemic.

On Thursday, Michigan City and the Hammond school district — including Clark, Gavit, Hammond and Morton — stopped summer workouts, at least temporarily.

Calumet and River Forest on Tuesday had joined Portage and Boone Grove in halting activities, barely a week after the Indiana High School Athletic Association gave the go-ahead to start a phased-in resumption July 5. High school sports had been shut down since mid-March.

School City of Hammond Superintendent Scott Miller informed district teams of the move on Thursday, according to posts on social media and school athletic websites. The situation will be reevaluated Tuesday at a school board meeting.

On 7/15/2020 at 8:50 AM, DannEllenwood said:

Coach

Don’t forget around “+” too. 

Because I firmly believe we are not being told everything about the “virus”. 

Gotcha.  I do agree that we're not being told everything about the virus.  But it's real, my buddy and his wife got it and he called it an "absolute Fn nightmare." 

Thanks for clarifying. 

8 minutes ago, Coach Jennings said:

Gotcha.  I do agree that we're not being told everything about the virus.  But it's real, my buddy and his wife got it and he called it an "absolute Fn nightmare." 

Thanks for clarifying. 

You are welcome. 

12 hours ago, cw13 said:

A number of Region schools have suspended athletic activities because of the coronavirus pandemic.

On Thursday, Michigan City and the Hammond school district — including Clark, Gavit, Hammond and Morton — stopped summer workouts, at least temporarily.

Calumet and River Forest on Tuesday had joined Portage and Boone Grove in halting activities, barely a week after the Indiana High School Athletic Association gave the go-ahead to start a phased-in resumption July 5. High school sports had been shut down since mid-March.

School City of Hammond Superintendent Scott Miller informed district teams of the move on Thursday, according to posts on social media and school athletic websites. The situation will be reevaluated Tuesday at a school board meeting.

East Chicago, as well.

It’s just a matter of time before the kabosh is put on for everyone unfortunately.  Once there reaches a limit of so many schools not having in-school instruction and suspendIng athletics everyone else will follow suit.  

35 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

It’s just a matter of time before the kabosh is put on for everyone unfortunately.  Once there reaches a limit of so many schools not having in-school instruction and suspendIng athletics everyone else will follow suit.  

Kabosh?   We all know teams will have to suspend practice for week or have player quarantined.   Jesus Michigan just announced fall sports will happen.   Will every school participate.   Probably not.   Will there be a fall season?  Yes

34 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Kabosh?   We all know teams will have to suspend practice for week or have player quarantined.   Jesus Michigan just announced fall sports will happen.   Will every school participate.   Probably not.   Will there be a fall season?  Yes

We shall see soon enough.  I wouldn’t hold your breath!

6 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Sad, but true.

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Sad, but true.

Hmmmm.   Don't think so.  Lake county going back to practice the 27th.    Stop hoping for doomsday.    Football is happening this year whether you like it or not.    

55 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Hmmmm.   Don't think so.  Lake county going back to practice the 27th.    Stop hoping for doomsday.    Football is happening this year whether you like it or not.    

Who said I was hoping for doomsday?  My son’s a senior, I live in Lake County, I know what’s gong on.

Focus on the symptoms. What are they?  This “virus” is not a new virus. We have had these symptoms for ever. We have dealt with this for ever. 

Keep your eyes on states and when their “restrictions” end. Very telling. 

2A9BC4A4-1303-4DC0-A307-6CBD145F5651.png

5681765A-5D94-4E95-A4A1-0642401BC27C.png

CC75B6E9-A880-4ABA-865E-EF9A40389EDA.jpeg

12 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Focus on the symptoms. What are they?  This “virus” is not a new virus. We have had these symptoms for ever. We have dealt with this for ever. 

Keep your eyes on states and when their “restrictions” end. Very telling. 

2A9BC4A4-1303-4DC0-A307-6CBD145F5651.png

5681765A-5D94-4E95-A4A1-0642401BC27C.png

CC75B6E9-A880-4ABA-865E-EF9A40389EDA.jpeg

Dann,

I really love your optimism and really hope we get a season in.  I just look at the trends and get nervous.  We also live in a very litigious society and I think there would be a lot of lawsuits should people get sick. 

18 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Dann,

I really love your optimism and really hope we get a season in.  I just look at the trends and get nervous.  We also live in a very litigious society and I think there would be a lot of lawsuits should people get sick. 

I appreciate the words, but the science is the science. 

Also, on Friday, Mishawaka High School learned that someone who had been attending workouts for the girls' volleyball program tested positive. All volleyball players and coaches are quarantining through July 29, and conditioning and other activities are temporarily suspended for the team.

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Mishawaka's head coach tested positive for the virus.  Elkhart Schools not having in person class to begin the year.

Are you indicating that those two statements are mutually connected?

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Dann,

Even if they had the CHOICE to play/not play or not attend in person classes? 

Those concerned about the risks have options, no?