Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ethnic Cleansing of The GID

Guest DT

8 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Yeah not a very region friendly forum. Just like real life rest of Indiana doesn’t want to claim us and we aren’t good enough to be part of Chicago metro area.

I’m happier being separate.

Lowell. >  Homewood

Crown Point. >. Naperville

Hobart. >  Lansing

3 hours ago, South Paw said:

So let me ask you this. Do you see organized sports as an arbitrary sideshow devoid of positive benefits in the development of our youth? I would definitely argue the contrary. Of course that depends on quality of coaches as well. Sports, and my coaches, definitely instilled in me qualities like courage, humility, work ethic, team work, sacrifice, how to respond to pressure or adversity, how to compete, determination, perseverance, mental toughness, physical toughness, and sportsmanship just to name a few. Now there are other potential avenues to gain these things, but in my own experience, I found sports to be a leading contributor. A coach can instill these values in a young person that may not have another support structure. If you have strong parents and athletics, you are almost sure to get these experiences. A kid without strong parents and athletics may never experience or learn these things. Of course the wrong coach or parents combined with athletics can teach the wrong things as well, but by and large, athletics teaches positive characteristics that will benefit most later in life. The more people that develop these qualities as a whole, the stronger our communities and country become as a whole. The fewer, the weaker.

If fewer adults or future parents are interested in viewing a sport the more likely their children are not going to participate at young ages and possibly not ever knowing they will not have the support of their parents.

The MLB, nfl, and nba will all be fine..billions of dollars are at stake n last time I checked billionaires don't take too kind to becoming millionaires 🤣..kids sway buying power n adults still love watching their kids play..ulimate goal of a talented athlete is to play at the highest level available..the love of sports will always prevail..as far as video games being the new rave..alot play sport games..i assume it woulda gave guys like me a shot at playing..yet I'm justasportsfan 

Edited by Justasportsfan
Grammatical error

14 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

The MLB, nfl, and nba will all be fine..billions of dollars are at stake n last time I checked billionaires don't take too kind to becoming millionaires 🤣..kids sway buying power n adults still love watching their kids play..ulimate goal of a talented athlete is to play at the highest level available..the love of sports will always prevail..as far as video games being the new rave..alot play sport games..i assume it woulda gave guys like me a shot at playing..yet I'm justasportsfan 

High School football is a different animal than the NFL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, South Paw said:

So let me ask you this. Do you see organized sports as an arbitrary sideshow devoid of positive benefits in the development of our youth? I would definitely argue the contrary. Of course that depends on quality of coaches as well. Sports, and my coaches, definitely instilled in me qualities like courage, humility, work ethic, team work, sacrifice, how to respond to pressure or adversity, how to compete, determination, perseverance, mental toughness, physical toughness, and sportsmanship just to name a few. Now there are other potential avenues to gain these things, but in my own experience, I found sports to be a leading contributor. A coach can instill these values in a young person that may not have another support structure. If you have strong parents and athletics, you are almost sure to get these experiences. A kid without strong parents and athletics may never experience or learn these things. Of course the wrong coach or parents combined with athletics can teach the wrong things as well, but by and large, athletics teaches positive characteristics that will benefit most later in life. The more people that develop these qualities as a whole, the stronger our communities and country become as a whole. The fewer, the weaker.

If fewer adults or future parents are interested in viewing a sport the more likely their children are not going to participate at young ages and possibly not ever knowing they will not have the support of their parents.

What I see is a lack of kids playing any sport without adult interference.  Kids just don't meet at the park, choose up sides and play.  It's a new day of parent interference, uniforms, and officials.  Can't play without em.  Got to have the most expensive equipment, best looking uniforms.

AAU and Travel have stunted the growth of the player mentally, making it a coaches game more than a players game.

A sad state of affairs indeed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Duke of Denham said:

If the school wants to have football let them have football.  Maybe they suck and maybe they suck for years.  But one year they might do something awesome and win a sectional and it would be magical for those kids.  Not my place to kill those dreams and programs.  

Understood.  There will be no more DT generated discussion regarding contraction or any other non game related issues 

16 hours ago, South Paw said:

So let me ask you this. Do you see organized sports as an arbitrary sideshow devoid of positive benefits in the development of our youth? 

No, I believe youth extracurricular organized sports can have positive benefits in the development of our youth, but so can many non-organized sports activities as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DT said:

Understood.  There will be no more DT generated discussion regarding contraction or any other non game related issues 

Dude that is just too damn funny.  You know your ego won't allow that, or do you?  You have appointed yourself as a "societal savior".  Maybe you aren't conceited, but you ARE convinced that it is your way or NO way.  You have ALL of the answers to EVERYONE's problems.   And they don't even need to ask for your advice.  You are GOING to tell them regardless.  I give it 2 weeks and you'll be back at it.  You don't know it, but you just can't help yourself.   What was the point of this topic, really?

• Confused 1
  • Disdain 1

13 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Dude that is just too damn funny.  You know your ego won't allow that, or do you?  You have appointed yourself as a "societal savior".  Maybe you aren't conceited, but you ARE convinced that it is your way or NO way.  You have ALL of the answers to EVERYONE's problems.   And they don't even need to ask for your advice.  You are GOING to tell them regardless.  I give it 2 weeks and you'll be back at it.  You don't know it, but you just can't help yourself.   What was the point of this topic, really?

Scorched Earth can only go so far...

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Which is fine with me.  The GID is filled with too many  "<conference X>  week <y>" threads as it is.

Of course it's fine with you.  They closed down your OOB playground.  You MUST be going crazy not being able to talk about something other than football.  Too many threads about football on a football website???  Perish the thought.  Do you even proofread what you type?  Maybe you should unsubscribe to this place and go find something more to your "liking".  Just a suggestion.

Edited by itiswhatitis
  • Disdain 1

3 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Of course it's fine with you.  They closed down your OOB playground.  You MUST be going crazy not being able to talk about something other than football.  

*ahem*  

Educate yourself.  Please.

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

*ahem*  

Educate yourself.  Please.

You are a good one to talk about someone educating themselves.  What, no comment?  YOU are the one who said there are already too many threads about football conferences on a football website.   Not too bright of someone to make that kind of statement.   So point that "education finger" at yourself, please.

5 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

You are a good one to talk about someone educating themselves.  What, no comment?  YOU are the one who said there are already too many threads about football conferences on a football website.   Not too bright of someone to make that kind of statement.   So point that "education finger" at yourself, please.

Please, come join the discussions in the new OOB.  

And yes, too many vapid discussions of "Conference X"  I find boring.  Sorry that you don't.    

And if you want to talk about who is the more educated please send me a PM.  

6 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

I see the truth hurts.   You had to go the junior high route and put up a thumbs down.   Real mature.

2 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

I see the truth hurts.   You had to go the junior high route and put up a thumbs down.   Real mature.

lol, quoting yourself.   Real mature?

And I just removed the thumbs down.  Hope it helps your fragile ego.

Edited by Muda69

Just now, Muda69 said:

Please, come join the discussions in the new OOB.  

And yes, too many vapid discussions of "Conference X"  I find boring.  Sorry that you don't.    

And if you want to talk about who is the more educated please send me a PM.  

But, but, but this website is NOT about you or me.   If you find them boring, then as I suggested maybe you should look for another website to join.  This IS  a football website with discussions about football.  Thank you so much for the "new OOB" invitation.  However, I'll respectfully decline.  There is nothing  but poison, rumors, and lies spread in those places.  I'd rather just talk about football.   Sorry that YOU don't.