Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ethnic Cleansing of The GID

Guest DT

Just now, itiswhatitis said:

If you find them boring, then as I suggested maybe you should look for another website to join.  

Hmm, So you find 100% of the threads in the GID high school football forum to contain exciting and engaging discussion?  

1 minute ago, itiswhatitis said:

Thank you so much for the "new OOB" invitation.  However, I'll respectfully decline.  There is nothing  but poison, rumors, and lies spread in those places.  I'd rather just talk about football.   Sorry that YOU don't.  

Sorry that high school football is all you seem to be prepared to talk about on an internet message forum.  Quite a myopic view of the world.   But then again I lived Greene county for a while, so I understand the milieu.

10 hours ago, DT said:

Understood.  There will be no more DT generated discussion regarding contraction or any other non game related issues 

I don’t have any issue with you talking about contraction (or anything else).  I just find that subject as uninteresting to me as all the “Conference X” threads Muda finds so vapid but I’m down with both if thats what folks want to do - I  just don’t generally have anything to say about them.

Not sure what the point is you’re trying to make.  You post certain subjects that you admittedly want to stir debate/challenge/disagreement (which, again, is fine by me) but you’re somehow now feeling put upon when it DOES stir debate/challenge/disagreement? 

Color me a little confused....admittedly, a not uncommon state for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

lol, quoting yourself.   Real mature?

And I just removed the thumbs down.  Hope it helps your fragile ego.

No ego here skippy.   You want to play it that way, I'm fine with it.   And yeah you are immature for posting a thumbs down rather than trying to discuss the ridiculous statement you made.  This website isn't here for YOUR approval or MINE.  I don't read every thread that is posted but I respect other people's rights to post them and would NEVER claim there are too many.  Sounds like you are a control freak.  You want everything how YOU want it.  It must be eating you up.   Why put yourself through the aggravation and why not just leave here if you don't like it that much?   I'm not trying to run anyone off from here.  I just don't understand why you hate football and hate how things go on the threads.  Why put yourself through that aggravation?  Wouldn't you be happier away from here?  And please try to be honest.

11 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Hmm, So you find 100% of the threads in the GID high school football forum to contain exciting and engaging discussion?  

Sorry that high school football is all you seem to be prepared to talk about on an internet message forum.  Quite a myopic view of the world.   But then again I lived Greene county for a while, so I understand the milieu.

Never said that I find 100% of the topics exciting and engaging.  But as I said in another post, I respect other people's right to post them.  So I am NOT going to say "there are too many" as you have stated.  Uh THIS "internet message forum" is a high school football website.  What part of that don't you get?  And I live in Monroe County.  

4 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

No ego here skippy.   You want to play it that way, I'm fine with it.   And yeah you are immature for posting a thumbs down rather than trying to discuss the ridiculous statement you made.  This website isn't here for YOUR approval or MINE.  I don't read every thread that is posted but I respect other people's rights to post them and would NEVER claim there are too many.  Sounds like you are a control freak.  You want everything how YOU want it.  It must be eating you up.   Why put yourself through the aggravation and why not just leave here if you don't like it that much?   I'm not trying to run anyone off from here.  I just don't understand why you hate football and hate how things go on the threads.  Why put yourself through that aggravation?  Wouldn't you be happier away from here?  And please try to be honest.

Wow, I can just see that vein in your forehead just pulsing as you typed that.  You really get worked up over down vote.  How old are you, and try to be honest.

And for the record I do not "hate" high school football.  How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.  

And I still enjoy the back and forth discussions, that is why I still read and post here.    

Just now, itiswhatitis said:

And I live in Monroe County.  

Ahh, that explains it.

• Like 1

I believe that there are some on this site that overestimate their importance.

Arguing to argue kind of ruins the flow of a thread...there were a lot of valid points until personal attacks come into play

I try to respect all in here and accept their point of view...Many here do not.

Maybe the administrators need to set up permanent conference threads so people can talk about what they want.

Maybe some want to have debate over general football topics.

Jeeze

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Arguing to argue kind of ruins the flow of a thread...there were a lot of valid points until personal attacks come into play

Jeeze

Couldn't Agree More

Seent his schtick before....   

Rinse Repeat 

The site is what our users make of it.   Choice of the user to partiicapte and to what level they would like to participate at. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Lysander said:

I think to be consistent, below is the explanation for those of us still here.

image.jpeg.0d9664240cbd86851aabd34480ab0841.jpeg

I loves me some Ernest T. Bass.  I'm a big Andy fan!

24 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Maybe the administrators need to set up permanent conference threads so people can talk about what they want.

Jeeze

Yep!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I loves me some Ernest T. Bass.  I'm a big Andy fan!

Yep!

29 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Couldn't Agree More

Seent his schtick before....   

Rinse Repeat 

The site is what our users make of it.   Choice of the user to partiicapte and to what level they would like to participate at. 

I’m just on here with no agenda.  The stuff I’ve picked up has been immeasurable.

50 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Jeeze

This 100%. Too many people get in a thread they don't agree with just to spout insults and not even attempt a debate or discussion. I often read alot of threads but never post because I may agree or disagree but don't feel like butting heads about it with the "youre stupid because you don't agree with me" crowd

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WWFan said:

This 100%. Too many people get in a thread they don't agree with just to spout insults and not even attempt a debate or discussion. I often read alot of threads but never post because I may agree or disagree but don't feel like butting heads about it with the "youre stupid because you don't agree with me" crowd

It's a reflection of today's society in the US....seems worse the past few years.  Go figure.

3 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Dude that is just too damn funny.  You know your ego won't allow that, or do you?  You have appointed yourself as a "societal savior".  Maybe you aren't conceited, but you ARE convinced that it is your way or NO way.  You have ALL of the answers to EVERYONE's problems.   And they don't even need to ask for your advice.  You are GOING to tell them regardless.  I give it 2 weeks and you'll be back at it.  You don't know it, but you just can't help yourself.   What was the point of this topic, really?

I think you are right.  These topics are beaten up, old and out of date.  Time to move on and focus only on the positive.  

24 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

like the argument about 8 or was it 9 man football in Indiana

Yes.  If that is what the masses want, they should have it

3 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Jeeze

I know of 2 in particulars. I swear to God I do!

• Haha 2

Having worked with, interviewed, and been in the destroyed houses of the ethno-religious group of Yezidi survivors of the 2014 ISIS genocide and being married to a survivor of Saddam Hussein's multi-decade genocide against Kurdish people in his own country, culminating in the 1988 chemical gas attack on civilians in Halabja, I find this headline distasteful and disparaging to survivors of genocide (or "cleansings"). You're better than this @DT.

https://www.rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/020620172

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 11:54 AM, DE said:

I love all high school football.  From "good", "bad", to "everything in between".  I have been a part of HS football for the better part of the past 28 years as a player, coach, and official.  My goal is to do so, until I can not walk anymore.  As so many great folks sacrificed for me to have opportunities, I owe that to future generations in return.

I fully support the free choice of local districts to offer what they want to offer to their communities.

Have a great day all.

***To those that may question, I am on lunch right now.  🙂

28 YEARS??????   Tim Adams started the Indiana Football Digest in 1998.   Maybe my math is off?