Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove @ Warren Central

Sounds like CG just destroyed Avon in scrimmage.  13 tds to 1 if I heard correctly.  

I doubt WC defense can hold back this CG offense.  48-21 Trojans

Just now, DT said:

Sounds like CG just destroyed Avon in scrimmage.  13 tds to 1 if I heard correctly.  

Mark Bless should be very concerned

Edited by DT

57 minutes ago, DT said:

On another note, Warren seems confident.  Not sure the play here...

B112EBAA-ED0D-4EA4-BFDB-93359379ABE5.png

On 8/14/2021 at 8:44 AM, Warren Central Warrior said:

What's good GID. I'm finally back after a year long hiatus and I'm ready for some high school football. The defending Class 6A champions Center Grove Trojans travel to Warren Central to take on the Warriors. Center Grove ran the tables en route to its 3rd state title in the last two decades. Warren Central struggled to its first losing season in eight years with a 4-6 finish. The Warriors return much of their team from last year and the Trojans have heavily favored to do something that hasn't been done since 2006. Repeat as state champions. This is a great match up and I would like your opinions on who you all think will win. My prediction: the Warriors pull a 2016 and upset the defending champs in a close game 27-24.

Rise up Warriors!!!

I'm apparently a dumbass. Completely forgot about Center Grove's defense. I know I said Warren Central would win. But after looking at the Trojans, there's no way the Warriors are winning this game. Revised prediction: CG 35 WC 14.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I'm apparently a dumbass. Completely forgot about Center Grove's defense. I know I said Warren Central would win. But after looking at the Trojans, there's no way the Warriors are winning this game. Revised prediction: CG 35 WC 14.

This prediction ends me calling Warren Central the winner btw. @temptation I hope you are reading this rn.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

????

CG is 3-1 vs. Warren over the past 2 years.  

Did you discount post season?

Those post season games have an asterisk beside them:

On 8/14/2021 at 2:57 PM, gonzoron said:

No, tomptation, they don't, because the playoff setup gives an unfair advantage to the mega schools like Warren. I've been reading about that all week.

Edited by gonzoron

No idea what to expect until they lace 'em up. I would expect Center Grove's going to be hard to beat, but Kirsch will have Warren ready to go as they can be. This isn't Eric Moore's first time at the rodeo. These guys (Kirschner and Moore) have tangled enough times in MIC play and the playoffs to know each other really well. I know there's a lot of respect between the two of them. By my count, Mike's 5-9 vs. the Grove and Coach Moore.

I think this is a tall order for Warren. If they play again in November, that's when I'd expect WC to be even more dangerous.

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Those post season games have an asterisk beside them:

I'm sorry...I am slow today.  Not sure what you mean.....

I always assumed when comparing records, one looks at the total body of work and not just a subset.  What does astericks beside them mean?

Thanks...

15 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I'm sorry...I am slow today.  Not sure what you mean.....

I always assumed when comparing records, one looks at the total body of work and not just a subset.  What does astericks beside them mean?

Thanks...

He's trying (unsuccessfully) to be funny.

• Sad 1

On 8/15/2021 at 12:00 PM, temptation said:

I mean, I think both will be formidable and I’ll never say never.  It’ll be a typical year in the MIC with the top 4.  

I think CG is on another level.  Carmel, Warren and BD in tier 2 and everyone else (led by North Central) fighting for scraps.

I think this is a solid assessment. 

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

As much as I want to believe in LN (and I honestly do think Mallory has done a helluva job there) last year's sectional debacle broke me.

He really has done a great job. That program was in shambles when he got there. I believe they had 35 or 36 kids out.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 7:07 PM, DT said:

I'm sure he is, I just saw where Avon is #12 in 6A, and I just don't see it.  McCray at RB is good, Norocea at DT is good, sophomore QB Reynolds will be good, Hall is WR is good, but nowhere near the depth needed to compete.  Might regret not working harder to keep all those kids from going to Danville.  

11 minutes ago, gaby said:

I'm sure he is, I just saw where Avon is #12 in 6A, and I just don't see it.  McCray at RB is good, Norocea at DT is good, sophomore QB Reynolds will be good, Hall is WR is good, but nowhere near the depth needed to compete.  Might regret not working harder to keep all those kids from going to Danville.  

Is being 12th in a class of 32 brag worthy?

26 minutes ago, Jon said:

Have my tickets an can't wait till Friday night

Friday's football game @ Warren Central you need to purchase your ticket(s) in advance, as there will be NO ticket sales at the gate.

https://gofan.co/app/events/330457?schoolId=IN2505

Bold prediction:  CG has more fans in attendance than Warren.

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Is being 12th in a class of 32 brag worthy?

Depends on how you look at it. Twelve out of thirty two isn't so wonderful. But your probably one of the best 20 teams out of 320.