The Gridiron Digest

MIC & HCC realignment

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Man, your hatred of Carmel is palpable.

(I will give you credit on your Snider/Homestead basketball prediction however.)

I don't hate Carmel. I just get defensive when at comments like "going through the north without breaking a sweat." Or claims that their program is superior to their counterparts without disclosing that they have an unfair advantage. Better team? Yes. Better program? Absolutely not.

Yesterdays game at Homestead was a doubleheader. The Lady Spartans #1, defeated Snider #9, by 5 points. Heard the gymnasium was a sellout. Turns out both fan bases were able to leave the gym proud of their teams performance. 

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

I don't hate Carmel. I just get defensive when at comments like "going through the north without breaking a sweat." Or claims that their program is superior to their counterparts without disclosing that they have an unfair advantage. Better team? Yes. Better program? Absolutely not.

Yesterdays game at Homestead was a doubleheader. The Lady Spartans #1, defeated Snider #9, by 5 points. Heard the gymnasium was a sellout. Turns out both fan bases were able to leave the gym proud of their teams performance. 

So, do you also hold those same standards to SEC football?

Huge unfair advantage in the southeast.

In other words, can I walk around claiming Michigan has a better “program” than Bama/Georgia despite the recent on the field results indicating otherwise?

(I may get that put on a t-shirt.)

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

So, do you also hold those same standards to SEC football?

Huge unfair advantage in the southeast.

In other words, can I walk around claiming Michigan has a better “program” than Bama/Georgia despite the recent on the field results indicating otherwise?

(I may get that put on a t-shirt.)

I think you're comparing apples to oranges. It's more of a recruiting thing than an SEC thing. High schools, most of them anyway, don't have the opportunity to recruit over a widespread area like Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Georgia do. Part of what makes a good program at the college level is your ability to recruit..........at any cost. At the high school level, you're at the mercy of the kids residing in your district. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I think you're comparing apples to oranges. It's more of a recruiting thing than an SEC thing. High schools, most of them anyway, don't have the opportunity to recruit over a widespread area like Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Georgia do. Part of what makes a good program at the college level is your ability to recruit..........at any cost. At the high school level, you're at the mercy of the kids residing in your district. 

“At any cost” is your telling point…some kids that are offered by those programs can’t even be recruited by Michigan.

Doesn’t have as much to do with geography as you are implying.

Edited by temptation

4 hours ago, BTF said:

They were north in 2020/2021

2019     Won state

2018     State Runner-up

2017     Third best team in the north. Never made it Lucas

2016     Won state 

2015     Didn't make it, lost to Penn. Wouldn't have made it past regional if Snider didn't get bumped down.

2014     Escaped Penn by one point before losing to Ben Davis at Lucas

Thank you. 

I look at it like this, CG and Carmel have the option to create a new conference in the near future (I am talking 2,3,4 years from now). From what I have heard and sources that have shared, there are some HCC schools who would be willing to go with these schools. Possibly some MIC schools as well. You could see a small conference look like this...

Carmel, Center Grove, Fishers, HSE, Brownsburg, Avon, Cathedral (Maybe).

On the other hand, maybe CG is better off finding a conference to join or trying to avoid connection with Carmel. Carmel seems to be at the culprit of this entire thing. If CG stays away from them, they might have a better opportunity of joining a conference or possibly creating one on their own. Carmel is dominant in all sports and the school is so big it does intimidate programs. HCC obviously was.

It sure will be hard to find football games for both of these schools when the big schools of the Indy Metro area won't even schedule them or put them in their conference.

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

I look at it like this, CG and Carmel have the option to create a new conference in the near future (I am talking 2,3,4 years from now). From what I have heard and sources that have shared, there are some HCC schools who would be willing to go with these schools. Possibly some MIC schools as well. You could see a small conference look like this...

Carmel, Center Grove, Fishers, HSE, Brownsburg, Avon, Cathedral (Maybe).

On the other hand, maybe CG is better off finding a conference to join or trying to avoid connection with Carmel. Carmel seems to be at the culprit of this entire thing. If CG stays away from them, they might have a better opportunity of joining a conference or possibly creating one on their own. Carmel is dominant in all sports and the school is so big it does intimidate programs. HCC obviously was.

It sure will be hard to find football games for both of these schools when the big schools of the Indy Metro area won't even schedule them or put them in their conference.

Im looking for CG to make another solo run at The HCC, and get accepted.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

It may be more hard for one than the other.