Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC & HCC realignment

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Better off in what regard? Competing for state titles? Not only will Center Grove and Carmel likely never voluntarily schedule a MIC school again, the mercy rule will be in the back of everyone's mind if/when it's applicable.

Parity is the only thing I can think of.

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

And when the MIC succumbs to athletic irrelevancy then what? 

Schools North of US 24 may become relevant again in a serious way...  "The North Shall Rise Again!"  

(To paraphrase an historical sense of self) 

Edited by Yuccaguy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Parity is the only thing I can think of.

Take away CG and CA 18 out of 20 conf championships and you have a level playing field and much better competitive balance.  Again, read the MICs charter message.  They are not about sports.  Championships are not the objective.  The "Best in the Midwest" was a media creation.  The MIC just went along with it. 

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

How on earth does a state-funded public school become an out of state athletic factory? 

Who on Earth is paying $30k a year to send their kid to a public high school in Indiana?

Do you think before you type?

My reference to IMG is more in relation to scheduling.  I can see Carmel playing 5 or 6 out of state games as an independent.  

1 minute ago, HHF said:

Take away CG and CA 18 out of 20 conf championships and you have a level playing field and much better competitive balance.  Again, read the MICs charter message.  They are not about sports.  Championships are not the objective.  The "Best in the Midwest" was a media creation.  The MIC just went along with it. 

“Not about sports” but we pay ball sport coaches and strength and conditioning instructors six figures…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HHF said:

What’s an athletic conference who just kicked out the two best athletic programs in the state supposed to say?

Just now, temptation said:

“Not about sports” but we pay ball sport coaches and strength and conditioning instructors six figures…

Hey, teachers are making big money these days.  Those are the biggest schools in the state.  They should also pay the highest salries.

I see The HCC taking a pass on Carmel, if Carmel has even applied.  Why would The HCC want to take on The MICs biggest headache, which is Carmel's massive trophy case.  Carmel will dominate every sport in The HCC hat it already dominates in The MIC.  Westfield has proven that it can go toe to toe with CG, so the Trojans will be voted in.  They fit the size profile much better than Carmel.  

1 minute ago, HHF said:

Hey, teachers are making big money these days.  Those are the biggest schools in the state.  They should also pay the highest salries.

I see The HCC taking a pass on Carmel, if Carmel has even applied.  Why would The HCC want to take on The MICs biggest headache, which is Carmel's massive trophy case.  Carmel will dominate every sport in The HCC hat it already dominates in The MIC.  Westfield has proven that it can go toe to toe with CG, so the Trojans will be voted in.  They fit the size profile much better than Carmel.  

You mean TINO’s…”teachers in name only.”

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

What’s an athletic conference who just kicked out the two best athletic programs in the state supposed to say?

They stood on principle.  I applaud them.  The "cultural" references are a razor thin metaphor for "racial" issues.  MIC drew a line in the sand and acted accordingly

2 minutes ago, HHF said:

?? 😵

Indiana teachers' pay is the 14th lowest in the country.

1 minute ago, HHF said:

They stood on principle.  I applaud them.  The "cultural" references are a razor thin metaphor for "racial" issues.  MIC drew a line in the sand and acted accordingly

Socio-Economic Issues.  Don't limit this into that "small aspect"....  It was an obvious and undeniable reference to much more than 'culture'.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HHF said:

My reference to IMG is more in relation to scheduling.  I can see Carmel playing 5 or 6 out of state games as an independent.  

If they stand pat, get ready for North Central to win 12-15 conference titles annually.

Theyll clean house in swimming, golf, cross country, soccer and tennis.  That’s 10 right there.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I have a feeling the ripple effect this causes throughout Central Indiana is going to be significant. 

I wonder if there are shake ups amongst not just the HCC & MIC... But perhaps the Mid State also?  Does this shuffle other conferences in the Indy Metro Area...

37 minutes ago, HHF said:

Oh yes.  Im very sure of it.  Those people in The MIC office are clearly fed up with all the elitist BS they've had to listen to over the past several years.  This was a calculated, gutsy move by an entity that knows it has still has plenty of appeal and lots of options to grow.  

Carmel could be the odd man out, and the most likely to go independent due to its mammoth size.  

CGs back to back championship run is tarnished.

The MIC comes out looking like the spurned spouse, and they will get all the sympathy and the benefit of the doubt.  

CGs run will not last forever.  In fact, we probably just saw the peak.  

How?

And I wouldn't be so sure...  

Also, what is the timing of this?  Effective at the end of 2021-2022 School Year??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, temptation said:

If they stand pat, get ready for North Central to win 12-15 conference titles annually.

Theyll clean house in swimming, golf, cross country, soccer and tennis.  That’s 10 right there.

Yep

21 minutes ago, HHF said:

This is why I can’t take anything you say seriously. For years you’ve been the resident conference realignment expert and have been ascribing Carmel’s inevitable move from the MIC to the HCC citing SES factors, geographical ties, and school profiles. Now you’re balking at the idea for the HCC extending an invitation to Carmel? What gives? You’re so contrite in playing contrarian that you expose yourself as the biggest hypocrite on this board.

The HCC would be clinically insane not to offer the states largest and most visible athletic profile an invitation. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HHF said:

I see The HCC taking a pass on Carmel, if Carmel has even applied.  Why would The HCC want to take on The MICs biggest headache, which is Carmel's massive trophy case.  Carmel will dominate every sport in The HCC hat it already dominates in The MIC. 

All true. But you didn’t mention anything about $$. Follow the money. What does Carmel bring to the HCC economically?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

This is why I can’t take anything you say seriously. For years you’ve been the resident conference realignment expert and have been ascribing Carmel’s inevitable move from the MIC to the HCC citing SES factors, geographical ties, and school profiles. Now you’re balking at the idea for the HCC extending an invitation to Carmel? What gives? You’re so contrite in playing contrarian that you expose yourself as the biggest hypocrite on this board.

The HCC would be clinically insane not to offer the states largest and most visible athletic profile an invitation. 

Apparently, the rumors we were hearing that CG and CA were in talks with The HCC were true.  Many said it would never happen, but it made too much good logical sense for those talks to be indeed ongoing.

Now, if you are paying attention to this thread, we are hearing another rumor.  And that is that ADs are likely in favor of both CG and CA to join, while principals are now hesitant.  Carmel is now nearly 6000 students.  They simply may have outgrown every possible conference fit in the state.  When we started these conversations several years ago, Carmel was in the 4500 to 5000 range.  I think The HCC principals love the balance they have in the conference, and are loathe to disrupt it.  Carmel is a major disruptor.  CG will fit in nicely in terms of overall, size and relative all sport competitiveness.

Things change my friend.  What worked 3 to 5 years ago may not work today.  If I were an HCC principal, Id vote CG in and CA out.  Whether the two have offered themselves as a package deal remains to be seen.  This could be where we see CA and CG split off and move in opposite directions.  

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

All true. But you didn’t mention anything about $$. Follow the money. What does Carmel bring to the HCC economically?

The largest stadium in the conference

4 minutes ago, HHF said:

Apparently, the rumors we were hearing that CG and CA were in talks with The HCC were true.  Many said it would never happen, but it made too much good logical sense for those talks to be indeed ongoing.

Now, if you are paying attention to this thread, we are hearing another rumor.  And that is that ADs are likely in favor of both CG and CA to join, while principals are now hesitant.  Carmel is now nearly 6000 students.  They simply may have outgrown every possible conference fit in the state.  When we started these conversations several years ago, Carmel was in the 4500 to 5000 range.  I think The HCC principals love the balance they have in the conference, and are loathe to disrupt it.  Carmel is a major disruptor.  CG will fit in nicely in terms of overall, size and relative all sport competitiveness.

Things change my friend.  What worked 3 to 5 years ago may not work today.  If I were an HCC principal, Id vote CG in and CA out.  Whether the two have offered themselves as a package deal remains to be seen.  This could be where we see CA and CG split off and move in opposite directions.  

1st bold/italic quote:  Told ya

2nd bold/italic quote:  backwards

1 minute ago, HHF said:

The largest stadium in the conference

I would think the other HCC schools would be more interested in how well Carmel travels, i.e., what type of gate they can bring. Is it big enough to offset the potential disruption of competitive balance?

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

I would think the other HCC schools would be more interested in how well Carmel travels, i.e., what type of gate they can bring. Is it big enough to offset the potential disruption of competitive balance?

Carmel has a very strong following, which is well known especially in the Indy area.  This might escape you as you are a northerner.  HCC attendance is already very strong.  Carmel will not move the needle significantly in this regard.  The HCC is probably top to bottom the most competitive, well balanced conference in the state.  Messing with that is a big deal.  I dont think HCC ADs want to see Carmel dominating all the CC sports like they have in The MIC for the past 30 years.