Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

 

VL was in the same position as MV, Boonville, Washington, Princeton.  The moment Jasper decided it wanted out and transfer to the SIAC, the Big 8 was done for regardless. Lincoln was never a proponent for leaving the Big 8 just to be clear. 

Kinda crazy how just the rumor of Illinois moving to a district playoff situation caused all of this. 
 

no rumors of districts would mean Mt. Carmel wouldn’t have had to leave….which then set off the Big 8 disbanding….which led to the new PAC and new SIAC….which brings us to today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Kinda crazy how just the rumor of Illinois moving to a district playoff situation caused all of this. 
 

no rumors of districts would mean Mt. Carmel wouldn’t have had to leave….which then set off the Big 8 disbanding….which led to the new PAC and new SIAC….which brings us to today. 

Freakin' Illinois people, amirite??

*casually slides diplomas into bottom desk drawer*

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I have gotten wind of some of that "bad taste" from former Big 8 schools.  But, at the end of the day people make mistakes.  Grown adults in charge of educating our children probably shouldn't hold long term grudges.  With regard to your second sentence, wouldn't the PAC want Tecumseh and Vincennes as a package deal?

I don't know that I would require a package deal.  I can't see an uneven Big/Small split being a problem one way or the other, unless I'm overlooking something.  I think the WIC has an uneven setup, which I assume is working out (...?). That said, the OCD part of me shudders a bit. 

Assuming only one school does come on board, it would seem to be the time to consider the Big/Small realignment in some fashion.  Not necessarily the fabled promotion/relegation concept (nothing against it, just looking at it from a different lens at the moment), but the odd number does provide an opportunity to redraw the line between Big/Small, even if a school was previously on a different side of the line.  Currently the smallest Big (Princeton) might drop to the Small side without much fanfare.  Likewise, the largest Small (Southridge) might push up to the Big side.  And probably with no argument from either of them.  Those are using some DoE enrollment numbers from another thread, so grain of salt.  And frankly, those numbers only have Heritage Hills as being a dozen or so students larger than Pton, and Pike Central a mere three students smaller than SR.  I wouldn't think the PAC would want to redo it every other year or so with the inevitable minor enrollment shifts. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

I don't know that I would require a package deal.  I can't see an uneven Big/Small split being a problem one way or the other, unless I'm overlooking something.  I think the WIC has an uneven setup, which I assume is working out (...?). That said, the OCD part of me shudders a bit. 

Assuming only one school does come on board, it would seem to be the time to consider the Big/Small realignment in some fashion.  Not necessarily the fabled promotion/relegation concept (nothing against it, just looking at it from a different lens at the moment), but the odd number does provide an opportunity to redraw the line between Big/Small, even if a school was previously on a different side of the line.  Currently the smallest Big (Princeton) might drop to the Small side without much fanfare.  Likewise, the largest Small (Southridge) might push up to the Big side.  And probably with no argument from either of them.  Those are using some DoE enrollment numbers from another thread, so grain of salt.  And frankly, those numbers only have Heritage Hills as being a dozen or so students larger than Pton, and Pike Central a mere three students smaller than SR.  I wouldn't think the PAC would want to redo it every other year or so with the inevitable minor enrollment shifts. 

If Princeton were to be moved to the small school division under any explanation, the GS student section would never let them hear the end of it 😂


“RE-LE-GA-TED” -probably titan students 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2022 at 3:11 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Kinda crazy how just the rumor of Illinois moving to a district playoff situation caused all of this. 
 

no rumors of districts would mean Mt. Carmel wouldn’t have had to leave….which then set off the Big 8 disbanding….which led to the new PAC and new SIAC….which brings us to today. 

Funny enough, that district format the IHSA went to for football has already been scrapped. A whole conference gone because a trial run didn't go well. Woof.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

Funny enough, that district format the IHSA went to for football has already been scrapped. A whole conference gone because a trial run didn't go well. Woof.

Wait really? That’s some terrible luck for Mt Carmel and all of the former Big 8 teams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Wait really? That’s some terrible luck for Mt Carmel and all of the former Big 8 teams

Probably worked out better for them actually. 
 

Mt Carmel just keeps losing people/business and is becoming a ghost of its former self.  The fact that they were competitive with Jasper all these years is a credit to the heart and tradition of that program

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Probably worked out better for them actually. 
 

Mt Carmel just keeps losing people/business and is becoming a ghost of its former self.  The fact that they were competitive with Jasper all these years is a credit to the heart and tradition of that program

I'd say it all worked out for the best....especially for EVERYONE not named Mt. Carmel.  Once the Vincennes, Tecumseh deal is in place, I think everyone will be sitting really good.  I think PAC Big/Small will be just fine aligned how it currently is.  I'm guessing SR wants to stay where they are, they cross over and play everyone they want to play anyway.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, Titan32 said:

Has anyone heard if Tecumseh actually likes this idea?  I don't know why they wouldn't but I'm sure I don't have all the decision making factors that they do.

I talked to a Tecumseh football player at the wrestling semistate a few days ago. He said that the word at Tecumseh is they are coming back into the PAC for football. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sr1 said:

I talked to a Tecumseh football player at the wrestling semistate a few days ago. He said that the word at Tecumseh is they are coming back into the PAC for football. 

Tecumseh is probably a shoe in...Vincennes not so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

 

I saw this yesterday.  One PAC coaching job closes, one opens up. 

 

Folks on twitter bashing admin at Tell City for this.  I don't know any of the details but coaches move on for lots of reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Folks on twitter bashing admin at Tell City for this.  I don't know any of the details but coaches move on for lots of reasons.

Says he's accepting another position elsewhere. It's tough to build anything when there's a revolving door on the coach's office. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

It's been a little boring on here.  Maybe we should start some "way to early" PAC small and big school predictions for 2022?

I heard there was supposed to be a big meeting and vote soon. Perhaps this week even. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Titan32 said:

It's been a little boring on here.  Maybe we should start some "way to early" PAC small and big school predictions for 2022?

I'm going all Watermelon Bowl, North Posey wins the small and Gibson wins the big.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...