Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Looking to do an HHC pick ‘em again this year. @LC_Bears_04 was our champ last year. @boilerfan87, @Owls2005, and @mamasa, you all competed in the weekly competition last year also. @Olympian06, @Uncle Bubba, @swcgillespie, and @Fkfootball, you all submitted picks at times last season. Let me know if any of you are in for this season. Anyone else can join as well. Just a reminder that I’ll keep tabs of any picks you have but, in order to compete in the competition, you’ll need to submit picks every week.

Just a heads-up, I plan on making my picks every Friday morning or afternoon. I might even go as early as Thursdays sometimes. Just makes sure picks are in before 7 PM each Friday.

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Thanks 1

This week’s games:

Bedford North Lawrence at Martinsville

Columbus East at 5A #5 Bloomington South 

Floyd Central at 6A #4 Louisville St. Xavier

Greenwood at Seymour

New Albany at Franklin

South Dearborn at Jennings County 

5A #3 Whiteland at Jeffersonville

Notes:

-IHSAA rankings are coaches poll rankings only. Kyle Neddenriep stated on Twitter that there won’t be a media poll this week due to an issue with the voting website.

-Louisville St. X’s ranking came from Max Preps as I couldn’t find an official KHSAA 6A poll.

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

This week’s games:

Greenwood at Seymour

New Albany at Franklin

Notes:

-IHSAA rankings are coaches poll rankings only. Kyle Neddenriep stated on Twitter that there won’t be a media poll this week due to an issue with the voting website.

-Louisville St. X’s ranking came from Max Preps as I couldn’t find an official KHSAA 6A poll.

I’ll try and get picks in every week. 

BNL

B South

St. X

Seymour

Franklin

JC 

Whiteland 

Good Luck everyone and prayers to all for a healthy season! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

This week’s games:

Greenwood at Seymour

New Albany at Franklin

Notes:

Martinsville lost a lot, really a lot of multi-year seniors (especially defense) and big stat qb from a team that was mowed over by EC in consecutive sectional championships.  IDK what will see. 

Franklin lost Clark, Baker and some key players. But they have Pinnick back at qb. That is something to build on. 

Is this the year that a Bloomington team is a 5A player again. Some oddly, eerily quiet tournament nights in Btown lately driving by those fields. 

Greenwood. IDK. will see them at IC next week. 

Whiteland reloads more often than not under Coach Fisher. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

Martinsville lost a lot, really a lot of multi-year seniors (especially defense) and big stat qb from a team that was mowed over by EC in consecutive sectional championships.  IDK what will see. 

Franklin lost Clark, Baker and some key players. But they have Pinnick back at qb. That is something to build on. 

Is this the year that a Bloomington team is a 5A player again. Some oddly, eerily quiet tournament nights in Btown lately driving by those fields. 

Greenwood. IDK. will see them at IC next week. 

Whiteland reloads more often than not under Coach Fisher. 

I saw quite a bit of 5A last year and I felt like 4A certainly and the upper echelons of 3A were better teams. 

12 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Did you see any northern 5A teams? That seems like where an overwhelming majority of the power was last year.

I did not see Merrillville, Valpo, or Snider. I’m basing my opinion on the teams I saw in the south and the final score of the ship. Again this all my opinion but just judging the games based on speed of the game, skills I saw, etc. I think there were several 4A teams capable of winning 5A as well as a few 3A. We had Castle at NA early in the tournament, and I know Castle had been decimated by injury as well as losing their leading rusher early in the game at NA. Hats off to Castle for making it to the SS, but having seen Castle over the years that wasn’t one of their better clubs. Might have been interesting if half their starters weren’t standing in the SL in street clothes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

https://www.therepublic.com/2023/08/16/tag-team-tandem-olympians-begin-season-with-two-quarterback-approach/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Can’t read the article (paywall) but the headline tells me all I need to know to make me nervous.

I'm not a subscriber but was able to access the article. I have an obvious interest in East since they are South's opening opponent. The Villarreal kid being one the two QBs that is competing for the starting job is 5-9, 207-pounds. I've never seen him, but I wonder about his quickness at that size. South returns 9 of 11 defensive starters from last season's 9-2 team to include a strong linebacking cadre and they may give a QB without much speed, a lot of trouble. However, everything is on paper right now, and you don't win games on paper. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ptr said:

I'm not a subscriber but was able to access the article. I have an obvious interest in East since they are South's opening opponent. The Villarreal kid being one the two QBs that is competing for the starting job is 5-9, 207-pounds. I've never seen him, but I wonder about his quickness at that size. South returns 9 of 11 defensive starters from last season's 9-2 team to include a strong linebacking cadre and they may give a QB without much speed, a lot of trouble. However, everything is on paper right now, and you don't win games on paper. 

I’m guessing Bloomington South will cruise. We don’t have the talent to match up.

24 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m guessing Bloomington South will cruise. We don’t have the talent to match up.

South will have a new QB under center in Jarrin Alley. He backed up Zach David the past two seasons, but saw a lot of downs under center. Coach Johnson made sure last season that he got a least two series under center in each game, and with many of the games being blowouts, he saw more than that. Two seasons ago, as a soph, he guided South to the game winning drive in the sectional against North after David went down with an injury, so he is definitely experienced and had been in pressure situations. He has a strong running game to back him up with Gavin Adams who is capable of quite of few 100+ yard games and he has experience backing him up in Ben Morrison. South is also returning a strong receiver group to include at tight end. On paper they should be one of the favorites to make it to at least the semi-state barring a rash of key injuries. 

Edited by ptr

On 8/14/2023 at 2:39 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

Looking to do an HHC pick ‘em again this year. @LC_Bears_04 was our champ last year. @boilerfan87, @Owls2005, and @mamasa, you all competed in the weekly competition last year also. @Olympian06, @Uncle Bubba, @swcgillespie, and @Fkfootball, you all submitted picks at times last season. Let me know if any of you are in for this season. Anyone else can join as well. Just a reminder that I’ll keep tabs of any picks you have but, in order to compete in the competition, you’ll need to submit picks every week.

Just a heads-up, I plan on making my picks every Friday morning or afternoon. I might even go as early as Thursdays sometimes. Just makes sure picks are in before 7 PM each Friday.

Definitely in! Thank you!!

• Like 1

Greenwood at Seymour

New Albany at Franklin

5A # whiteland at Jeffersonville

I have zero strategy, just love to pull for the underdog lol

Edited by mamasa
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 3:20 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

This week’s games:

Greenwood at Seymour

New Albany at Franklin

Notes:

Martinsville

Bloomington South

Louisville St. Xavier

Greenwood

Franklin

South Dearborn

Whiteland

• Like 1

I will preface this by saying I am the world’s worst prognosticator:

Bedford North Lawrence at Martinsville

Greenwood at Seymour

New Albany at Franklin

No real clue, saw a couple of teams in scrimmages, which really tells me nothing. 

• Like 1