Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 4A Bracket Analysis

According to the IHSAA news release on April 11 2022. 

Dwenger will b re-evaluated for placement in 4A in 2023 for not having gained a point this yr.. 2022... but did gain a point in 2021, whic is why they were kept in 5A.  This apparently has to do with when they realigned the success factor w the 2 yr reclassification cycle due to covid, and made an Executive committee decision on what to do with teams that were success factored up a class and earned 1pt in 2021. Currently, Kokomo appears to b at the top of enrollment in 4A.  So... looks to me that Dwenger will go to 4A and Kokomo to 5A in 2023....

54 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

According to the IHSAA news release on April 11 2022. 

Dwenger will b re-evaluated for placement in 4A in 2023 for not having gained a point this yr.. 2022... but did gain a point in 2021, whic is why they were kept in 5A.  This apparently has to do with when they realigned the success factor w the 2 yr reclassification cycle due to covid, and made an Executive committee decision on what to do with teams that were success factored up a class and earned 1pt in 2021. Currently, Kokomo appears to b at the top of enrollment in 4A.  So... looks to me that Dwenger will go to 4A and Kokomo to 5A in 2023....

The only other FB school this applies to is Lcc..... so, appears to me, if the Knights r upset this Fri by the Zebras... Lcc will also b re-evaluated for placement in 1A in 2023... Park Tudor appears to b at the Top of enrollment in 1A... 

4 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I am no expert on New Palestine football but I definitely read the article and went by that.

image.png.0e7a2af73a098a158b3acfb52a2741a7.png

image.png

Glad you can read. 

The “Sweet 16” for Sectional Finals

North

S17: New Prairie at Hobart

S18: Northridge at Northwood

S19: Leo at Columbia City

S20: Mississinewa at Kokomo

South

S21: Brebeuf at Roncalli 

S22: Connersville at New Palestine

S23: Martinsville at East Central

S24: Evansville Memorial at Boonville

50 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Three story lines in 4A:

1.  Reitz upset

2.  New Pal RB Injury

3.  Northwood issues. 

2 of these will not be factors until regionals.  

Bonus:  Mooresville loses to a physical team again.  

Big loss for New Pal, saw a news article about it on here

6 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Have not seen any official follow up.  Hope it is not as bad as it sounded.  

It says he was out the rest of the game after his injury. Looks like their backup stepped up greatly in his place thanks to that D1 OL.

https://www.greenfieldreporter.com/2022/10/29/new-pal-defeats-g-c-to-get-to-sectional-finale/

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 11:34 AM, FastpacedO said:

I am no expert on New Palestine football but I definitely read the article and went by that.

image.png.0e7a2af73a098a158b3acfb52a2741a7.png

image.png

The Indianapolis Star strikes again. Their lack of editing is absurd. The reporter on site was given a roster and 10 pages of game notes that list him as a junior in several places, so there's really no excuse for this. 

Thomas is a junior. And he was up and moving after the play. Tried to put a brace on but ultimately was shut down for the night. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

The “Elite 8” Regional Championships

North

Northridge at New Prairie

Kokomo at Columbia City

South

New Palestine at Roncalli 

East Central at Evansville Memorial

Harrell has New Pal and EC as heavy favorites. Can either of the Catholics beat the odds?  

Edited by tango

4 hours ago, tango said:

Harrell has New Pal and EC as heavy favorites. Can either of the Catholics beat the odds?  

Only one way to find out. Line em' up under the lights on Friday and see what happens (well except EC at Ev Memorial it will probably be Saturday.

On 11/1/2022 at 10:58 PM, CaptainHook said:

Grayson will miss the rest of the season.  Get well soon kid.

Hate to see that, he has had a spectacular season. Now that I know he is not a Senior, I hope he recovers quickly and comes back even stronger!

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Only one way to find out. Line em' up under the lights on Friday and see what happens (well except EC at Ev Memorial it will probably be Saturday

EC elected to play on Friday night, game at 6:30 pm CT

2 hours ago, tango said:

"Tournament Chances" to win Regional.

That’s right, thanks!

Potential SS sites

CLASS 4A
  New Prairie [11-1] at Kokomo [11-1]
or Columbia City [11-1] at Northridge [8-4]
or Columbia City [11-1] at New Prairie [11-1]
or Kokomo [11-1] at Northridge [8-4]

Indianapolis Roncalli [11-1] at East Central [10-2]
or Evansville Memorial [9-3] at New Palestine [12-0]
or Evansville Memorial [9-3] at Indianapolis Roncalli [11-1]
or East Central [10-2] at New Palestine [12-0]

On 11/5/2022 at 9:53 AM, TigerFan20 said:

EC elected to play on Friday night, game at 6:30 pm CT

I know Mt Vernon won there last year.  But traveling more than a couple hours to Enlow on a Friday in November hasn’t been a recipe for success in recent years

10 minutes ago, Cali23 said:

I know Mt Vernon won there last year.  But traveling more than a couple hours to Enlow on a Friday in November hasn’t been a recipe for success in recent years

Had to do a double take when I first looked at the time, not saying Memorial will win, but I’m surprised EC picked Friday night instead of Saturday (which they did last year). But it also looks Bosse has a craft show all day Saturday, so that might be the cause.