Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 4A Bracket Analysis

10 minutes ago, tango said:

The IHSAA has no conduct/enforcement policy that I am aware of, just general expectations in the by-laws.. You are likely thinking of the SIAC's code of conduct policy, which would prescribe a 20% loss of season for a first offense (2 games in football). It is enforced very differently from school to school however, so much so that I'm not sure we can call it a conference-wide policy anymore.

Yeah, I think I have just heard of other situations where players were out two games for drinking/vaping. I forgot that there is not a statewide policy on it. Probably a good thing because every situation is different. Knowing that, I would guess those players will not get off easy, especially since it is basically public knowledge now.

27 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

There is a pretty specific code of conduct on their football website that applies to all athletes.

https://www.nwhsfootball.com/

I don't think they are getting off easy if they follow it.

I read the code they posted and honestly I didn’t see anything that makes me think they have the hammer coming down on them. It said the AD will work with the coach to administer suspensions. Also said “in extreme cases” such as vandalism a player will lose 1/3 of a season. So would this be considered an extreme case? And if so is that 3 games? The more I read that handbook I almost think it might only be 2 games maybe 3 if they say “extreme cases” is 1/3 of a year. 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:23 PM, fenderbender said:

Yes, requested by the IPS schools.  

My wife used to teach at CA and one section of the concrete beaches was not safe.  Looked like they were going to fall down.   Though one would think they could play at Tech.   Pretty nice facilities from what I heard.  

Back 10 years ago when Indy hosted the Super Bowl, the NFL put money into Tech's stadium. I think that is something they do in every SB  host city.

• Like 1

Not sure if others more in the know have heard anything but I got a text that the Northwood players were suspended for 3 games. At best will be back by semi state. Several starters on defense as well as the QB will all be out. I think this week they’re fine, beyond that who knows. I think they’ll have REAL problems getting past New Prarie if they face off. Even at full strength I didn’t see that as a “oh yeah that’s a win” type of game.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:36 PM, WestfieldRocks said:

Back 10 years ago when Indy hosted the Super Bowl, the NFL put money into Tech's stadium. I think that is something they do in every SB  host city.

Crispus Attucks plays its home games at Northwest (since there's no high school there and Northwest has a decent place to play). 

Having driven by Attucks' campus frequently, the condition of their on-campus stadium is really bad. The concrete appears to be falling apart and weeds are growing through the bleachers. 

Cathedral usually uses Tech's field for home games in the playoffs since it has turf and a larger capacity than Arlington. 

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

Mooresville looking very unimpressive vs BJ.  

I don’t follow Mooresville all year. I’ve read that their QB has been their all star and has been that guy. He made some amazing plays.

BUT, I did not understand the game plan tonight. A lot of finesse instead of forcing the issue with a big qb.

Brebeuf did a really good job of spreading their DL wide to contain the pocket. I was expecting more inside zone/qb read runs as a counter.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BigBrebeufFan said:

I don’t follow Mooresville all year. I’ve read that their QB has been their all star and has been that guy. He made some amazing plays.

BUT, I did not understand the game plan tonight. A lot of finesse instead of forcing the issue with a big qb.

Brebeuf did a really good job of spreading their DL wide to contain the pocket. I was expecting more inside zone/qb read runs as a counter.

BJ played physical and Mooresville folded.  Nice job by the Braves.  

Northwood takes care of business and shows no sign of stopping yet, however anyone thinking st Joe had a shot was only fooling themselves. The Indians gave up 20 to lowly Plymouth who I wonder if they’d have anyone start on the Northwood offense? 

Northridge with a mild upset of Logansport to set up a rematch with the Panthers in Nappanee next Friday.

New Prarie easily moves on 42-6 and I continue to say, the Cougars are the team that can and possibly will take down Northwood. 

8 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

wut

Read the article about Thomas going out on second carry with knee injury. I hope for his sake and being a Senior it is nothing serious and he gets to continue and finish out the season! I never like to see a Senior get injured especially with the season he has had. Back-up played fine, but I want this young man to play out the rest of his senior year.

Hope all is well at the Hook homestead! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Read the article about Thomas going out on second carry with knee injury. I hope for his sake and being a Senior it is nothing serious and he gets to continue and finish out the season! I never like to see a Senior get injured especially with the season he has had. Back-up played fine, but I want this young man to play out the rest of his senior year.

Hope all is well at the Hook homestead! 

Thomas is a jr. Praying that it isn’t serious and he can come back soon.