Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A semistate Center Grove at Cathedral (at Arlington) 11/18 @ 7PM

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

UIndy has also been the host site between Cathedral and Evansville Reitz in Semi-State (circa 2007 35-34 victory for Ev. Reitz). It was a tongue in cheek statement because it has been mentioned Arlington is a Middle School (even though it has only been a middle school for about 5 years while it spent 57 years as a High School) and the venue seating capacity because it is a Middle School (even though it seats double what University of Indianapolis does on the visitor side). In all reality the true reason it is being changed (if it is) is because it is a natural grass field and not Field turf.

And yes Arsenal Tech is a beautiful stadium to host the Semi-State. I am sure other schools wouldn't be too keen on switching from where they play their homefield games, Cathedral has played a lot of home games (regular season and post season) at Arlington (then High School now Middle School).

Just HAD to bring THAT game up didn't you? Still have nightmares. 

3 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

The Irish will play anyone anywhere.

As a long-time fan I am glad and hope we stay in 6A.

While enrollment is less than 1,200 students the football roster is as big or in some cases larger than 6A schools so that is where be belong long term if it were up to me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Fully understood - New Pal will play anybody anywhere, too (as evidenced by scheduling Center Grove & Westfield) and expect to win every Friday night. But as someone who is interested in class alignments and who gets the Success Factor bump, that was just something I found intriguing. Cathedral has proven it can compete and win at a 6A level (just as New Pal proved pretty well it can compete at the 5A level, especially as evidenced by 3 State Finals appearances in the eight years it was in the class). 

This will be a dynamite game this week. 

The problem with UIndy is needing to put high school hashmarks and goalposts on the field. I know other tourney games have been held there (especially Scecina hosting a few games there), but it's not a great spot. The visiting side is also *very* small (and much smaller than Tech's). 

Cathedral has hosted games at North Central, too, which also has plenty of accommodations for a large crowd (and a better press box). But Tech is a good stadium and much more centrally-located. 

Just curious why would they need to move the goal post I know they don’t change in them in LOS

Edited by Trojanmp52

26 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

This I know what I am asking is why would they need to move them.  They do not change them when games are played at LOS

I willing to bet they change them. I know for certain they changed them at the dome. We practiced there when they were just finishing tightening the bolt for crossbar. The other thing is imagine an attempted FG for a chance to win a title that hits the uprights. I am also willing to bet the IHSAA considered that same thing and made it a must have for any HS game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

i can tell you,  Ritter does not have Marion change the goal posts when we play there. so the IHSAA have not made it a must for Every High School Game.

I am curious if there is a playoff game if a visiting team can challenge a site being used based on this. 

Also, confoirmed from someone at the IHSAA that they indeed widen the posts at LOS for high school games. 

9 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I am curious if there is a playoff game if a visiting team can challenge a site being used based on this. 

Also, confoirmed from someone at the IHSAA that they indeed widen the posts at LOS for high school games. 

I stand corrected thank for that information.  I think the reason I was thinking that they did not move them out was they still used such tall pipes and in my eyes they did not move them.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, crimsonace1 said:

The problem with UIndy is needing to put high school hashmarks and goalposts on the field. I know other tourney games have been held there (especially Scecina hosting a few games there), but it's not a great spot. The visiting side is also *very* small (and much smaller than Tech's). 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IrishFan1997 said:

This should be a good one, what is weather like over in Indianapolis area...Will it be a factor?

Latest forecast - high of 28 / low of 16 in the evening.

Winds 5-15 mph.....  which will make it colder around gametime so we shall see!

Probably another low scoring game like last week!