Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2023

Irishman

17 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol IU has never had a short term fix to have that problem. Give me a guy that wins 7-8 games a year for 3-4 years and gets hired away than a guy who wins 2-3 games over 3-4 years and lets the new guy start from scratch. IU football history the last century in a nutshell.

My point is if a coach like Fitzgerald comes in and wins 7 games in a single year, he will be gone. No continuity at all. Hell, if someone wins 7 in a year at IU they ought to be annoited as a King

Edited by Komets2727

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Did I hear Tommy Rees? Sounds like something IU would do. They need a guy whose tasted success at the head coaching position. This is no job for a coordinator. 

As a dear friend of Zach Martin (Rees teammate), Rees and I drunkenly shared a bed after a rager house party and I was subsequently urinated on. Figured this was an appropriate place to post this story.

Hard pass on Rees.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

My point is if a coach like Fitzgerald comes in and wins 7 games in a single year, he will be gone. No continuity at all. Hell, if someone wins 7 in a year at IU they ought to be annoited as a King

Everyone in the country knows Fitz’s capabilities. He was at NU 17 years. They don’t need to see him win 7 games at IU to hire him away. If a big school wanted Fitz, he wouldn’t be available to begin with.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Everyone in the country knows Fitz’s capabilities. He was at NU 17 years. They don’t need to see him win 7 games at IU to hire him away. If a big school wanted Fitz, he wouldn’t be available to begin with.

Unless, of course, Fitz needed a few years as a buffer at a place like IU to put some distance between him and the hazing scandal.

I have followed the Hoosiers for years. Like the Cubs, hope springs eternal. My question is, with NIL and the growth of the Big 10, who would want this job??  This is 2nd tier at best.

By the way, the lack of tackling on Saturday was horrible. I wondered if Coach Allen would be fired before the game ended.

Mullen and Fyre would be interesting get me a little excited I reckon. Hart or Moore could be high level especially in recruiting the Midwest. 

Chryst is Vanilla Ice Cream as a FB coach Don't care what his record is. Even if you don't like Rees he's an OC at Bama I just don't see anyone leaving that spot for IU even a midwest guy. 

I just don't see a MAC or Mid-Major coach being the first option for a job that just paid almost 20 mil to fire a guy doesn't really move the needle. 

At the end of the day my money would be on Wommack, after a couple if bigger names say thanks but no thanks. Programs ties decent HC record / Experience don't think it'll get fans THAT excited but who knows , the expectation is  just win 6-7 games and maybe make a bowl maybe he could bring that ?

IDK like most IU fans whatever happens happens at this point sort of numb too it 

21 hours ago, EasyEJay said:

Mullen and Fyre would be interesting get me a little excited I reckon. Hart or Moore could be high level especially in recruiting the Midwest. 

Chryst is Vanilla Ice Cream as a FB coach Don't care what his record is. Even if you don't like Rees he's an OC at Bama I just don't see anyone leaving that spot for IU even a midwest guy. 

I just don't see a MAC or Mid-Major coach being the first option for a job that just paid almost 20 mil to fire a guy doesn't really move the needle. 

At the end of the day my money would be on Wommack, after a couple if bigger names say thanks but no thanks. Programs ties decent HC record / Experience don't think it'll get fans THAT excited but who knows , the expectation is  just win 6-7 games and maybe make a bowl maybe he could bring that ?

IDK like most IU fans whatever happens happens at this point sort of numb too it 

Wommack likely holding out for the Arkansas job where he once played and dad was DC. Surprised Sam Pittman wasn't canned this year but he's almost assuredly gone after next barring a miracle turn around. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2023 at 9:34 AM, Komets2727 said:

QB Sorsby has entered the transfer portal, he had 15td’s, 5 int’s, not bad

lots jumping in the portal.....Donovan McCulley got my attention.....

https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/story/sports/college/iu/2023/11/28/four-indiana-starting-offensive-linemen-enter-the-transfer-portal/71725796007/

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/indiana-football-transfer-portal-tracker-after-2023-season

13 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Can you blame any of them? IU football has been a dumpster 🔥 

Players entering the transfer portal dominating the headlines. It's absurd. Total fail for the NCAA to allow this to happen. Universities should now be able to eliminate a player on their own accord if said player doesn't perform up to expectations. Tit for tat. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

Players entering the transfer portal dominating the headlines. It's absurd. Total fail for the NCAA to allow this to happen. Universities should now be able to eliminate a player on their own accord if said player doesn't perform up to expectations. Tit for tat. 

Scholarships are only one year binding contracts. There's nothing that states a coach can't cut a player. Deion basically "cut" 75% of Colorado's roster last year.

• Like 1

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Scholarships are only one year binding contracts. There's nothing that states a coach can't cut a player. Deion basically "cut" 75% of Colorado's roster last year.

Didn't know that. I didn't think Deion cut any of them. I thought it was more of "I really don't want any of you, so just leave." 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Sean Lewis who reportedly interviewed yesterday seems to have reached an agreement with San Diego St. Jason Candle or bust for me although have heard some rumblings that Tom Herman may be in contact.

Lewis isn't the guy for Indiana. He couldn't win at Kent State, no way he'd win in the Big Ten..............unless we have another covid shutdown. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Yes "cut".

There's a reason I'm loosing touch with college football. I didn't know a scholarship could be revoked once handed out. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Lewis isn't the guy for Indiana. He couldn't win at Kent State, no way he'd win in the Big Ten..............unless we have another covid shutdown. 

His record at Kent State is far more impressive when you dive into things. Kent State is arguably the worst job in the MAC. Had the #1 offense in the country twice I believe 2/3 last seasons before becoming at OC at Colorado. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

His record at Kent State is far more impressive when you dive into things. Kent State is arguably the worst job in the MAC. Had the #1 offense in the country twice I believe 2/3 last seasons before becoming at OC at Colorado. 

Coming out of Grand Valley State, Brian Kelly would have had this same Kent State team in the Top 15 had he been there 5 years. 

Who am I trying to kid. IU should just take anyone willing to accept the job.