Jump to content
Head Coach Openings 2023 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $1,996 of $3,600 target

Lewis Cass leaving Hoosier Conference next fall for TRC


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Gipper said:

Pretty weak and selfish of what LC did.   Not only did they take their ball and run with it, they left other schools scrambling to find a replacement, and by the looks of it, a long ride must be endured.  West Lafayette to Tippy Valley isn't exactly next door, nor is HH to South Bend.

LC doesn't leave the conference if Valley doesn't choose to do so first. Everything Valley has had to do for a schedule is their own doing. As for the Hoosier conference, all the teams that had Cass on the schedule had to do was call up Valley and book them for the week they were supposed to play Cass. Instead they complained and pulled the "woah is me" card because they lost a lower tier team in the conference and didn't get right to scheduling Valley. West Lafayette to Cass and vice versa wasn't exactly next door. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Instead they complained and pulled the "woah is me" card because they lost a lower tier team in the conference and didn't get right to scheduling Valley.

Tippecanoe Valley isn't in the Hoosier Conference. No reason for Hamilton Heights to schedule them. Shifitng the blame for Lewis Cass leaving a conference in the lurch to a team who left a different conference is crazy talk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Tippecanoe Valley isn't in the Hoosier Conference. No reason for Hamilton Heights to schedule them. Shifitng the blame for Lewis Cass leaving a conference in the lurch to a team who left a different conference is crazy talk.

So what was the reasoning for scheduling South Bend Washington if they aren't in the conference either?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

So what was the reasoning for scheduling South Bend Washington if they aren't in the conference either?

I don't have a clue. Maybe Tippecanoe Valley didn't want to travel that far. 2 of the 3 games they scheduled with Hoosier Conference opponents are Home games. South Bend Washington was obviously willing to travel.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

and now Northwestern in their Hoosier Conf Swan Song this upcoming year

9 years and out the door for the Purple Tigers

 

 

If that's true, at least they gave adequate notice. I haven't seen any media about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do we go nine again, or do we add another?  If we add another, who:

  • Is a good fit?
  • Who is realistic?

I would assume that bringing in another 3A/4A team helps in making things a bit more competitive for Western ... along with the recent addition of Logansport.  Other than maybe Pioneer, I don't see anything in 1A to consider.  Anything in 2A/3A, especially with the Sagamore Conference shakeup, make any sense?  Tri-West perhaps?  I'd see Lebanon as more of a "fit" maybe linking up with Harrison/McCutcheon if they form a new league, but Lebanon could be an interesting addition of strength on the upper-end of the HC compared to the departures.  Might go a decent way to making sure that Western doesn't get cold feet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, superjay said:

Just take Frankfort.

Frankfort just announced they are starting a new, yet to be named conference with WeBo, North Put, and the Montgomery County schools.

I posted this on another forum:

There would be some long drives, but arranging travel partners to limit the number of long trips in a season could help minimize the fuel costs.

Hoosier Conference
Danville 778
Hamilton Heights 710
Lebanon 1027
Logansport 1214
Tri-West 613 
Twin Lakes 674
West Lafayette 730
Western 819

All of these schools are 3A or 4A in football, and when the change to the enrollment based classifications passes, all of these schools will be in 3A for basketball, volleyball, baseball, and softball.

The Hoosier Heartland could then take the smaller members of the Hoosier and expand to 12 schools with 2 divisions like this:

Heartland West
Benton Central 508
Rensselaer Central 468
Delphi 405
Clinton Prairie 347
Carroll (Flora) 346
Lafayette Central Catholic 294

Heartland East
Eastern (Greentown) 464
Tipton 439
Taylor 373
Sheridan 324
Clinton Central 268
Tri Central 236

Rossville goes to the Midwest Conference.

Midwest
North Newton 343
Rossville 273
North White 266
Faith Christian 245
South Newton 242
Tri-County 225
West Central 203
Frontier 198
DeMotte Christian 108

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach said:

 


The Hoosier Heartland could then take the smaller members of the Hoosier and expand to 12 schools with 2 divisions like this:

Heartland West
Benton Central 508
Rensselaer Central 468
Delphi 405
Clinton Prairie 347
Carroll (Flora) 346
Lafayette Central Catholic 294

 

Didn't HHC basically oust LCC?  If not officially, then they were certainly helpful and showed up for the packing party when LCC departed for the HC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2023 at 4:55 PM, HoopsCoach said:

The Hoosier Heartland could then take the smaller members of the Hoosier and expand to 12 schools with 2 divisions like this:


Heartland West
Benton Central 508
Rensselaer Central 468
Delphi 405
Clinton Prairie 347
Carroll (Flora) 346
Lafayette Central Catholic 294

Heartland East
Eastern (Greentown) 464
Tipton 439
Taylor 373
Sheridan 324
Clinton Central 268
Tri Central 236

 

Never.  96-0. Never forget. This travesty was the impetus for LCC getting the boot out of the HHC in the first place. And memories are long.

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2023 at 4:55 PM, HoopsCoach said:

Frankfort just announced they are starting a new, yet to be named conference with WeBo, North Put, and the Montgomery County schools.

I posted this on another forum:

There would be some long drives, but arranging travel partners to limit the number of long trips in a season could help minimize the fuel costs.

Hoosier Conference
Danville 778
Hamilton Heights 710
Lebanon 1027
Logansport 1214
Tri-West 613 
Twin Lakes 674
West Lafayette 730
Western 819

All of these schools are 3A or 4A in football, and when the change to the enrollment based classifications passes, all of these schools will be in 3A for basketball, volleyball, baseball, and softball.

The Hoosier Heartland could then take the smaller members of the Hoosier and expand to 12 schools with 2 divisions like this:

Heartland West
Benton Central 508
Rensselaer Central 468
Delphi 405
Clinton Prairie 347
Carroll (Flora) 346
Lafayette Central Catholic 294

Heartland East
Eastern (Greentown) 464
Tipton 439
Taylor 373
Sheridan 324
Clinton Central 268
Tri Central 236

Rossville goes to the Midwest Conference.

Midwest
North Newton 343
Rossville 273
North White 266
Faith Christian 245
South Newton 242
Tri-County 225
West Central 203
Frontier 198
DeMotte Christian 108

While this looks good on paper,  I don't see the Hoosier Heartland accepting Rensselaer, Benton Central, Tipton or LCC.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

While this looks good on paper,  I don't see the Hoosier Heartland accepting Rensselaer, Benton Central, Tipton or LCC.  

You’re right, none of what I suggested will ever happen.  The eastern schools probably wouldn’t want Tipton.  The western schools would most likely prefer not to drive to BC and Rensselaer.  I don’t think any of the schools would be willing to bring in Central Catholic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2023 at 12:21 PM, HoopsCoach said:

You’re right, none of what I suggested will ever happen.  The eastern schools probably wouldn’t want Tipton.  The western schools would most likely prefer not to drive to BC and Rensselaer.  I don’t think any of the schools would be willing to bring in Central Catholic.

I've never been a fan of the Bombers in the HC.  Sure, the matchups with BC, Twin Lakes, West Lafayette (and to that end Central Catholic) make sense--but there are no natural rivalries with anybody else.   I think the Northwest Crossroads would be a much better fit.  Same time zone and a natural rivalry with Kankakee Valley who is out there on an island.  Decent proximity to Lowell and Hanover Central as well...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2023 at 9:36 AM, Gipper said:

I've never been a fan of the Bombers in the HC.  Sure, the matchups with BC, Twin Lakes, West Lafayette (and to that end Central Catholic) make sense--but there are no natural rivalries with anybody else.   I think the Northwest Crossroads would be a much better fit.  Same time zone and a natural rivalry with Kankakee Valley who is out there on an island.  Decent proximity to Lowell and Hanover Central as well...

It would make sense for KV and Rensselaer to be in the same conference.  KV has outgrown Rensselaer by a lot but there isn’t a significant difference between them in the strength of their athletic programs.

The Hoosier Conference will probably continue their patchwork and try to get Lebanon to replace Northwestern. The Tigers are not a bad fit and they are looking for a home, but I wonder if they want to bring Danville and Tri-West with them.

I know this will be another example of things that are unlikely to happen, but the Hoosier Conference and the remaining members of the Sagamore could split into 2 conferences like this.  KV would be a decent fit for the Hoosier in my opinion, so I’m including them as a 7th member.

Hoosier Conference

Logansport 1214

Kankakee Valley 1074

West Lafayette 730

Twin Lakes 674

Benton Central 508

Rensselaer Central 468

Lafayette Central Catholic 294


Sagamore Conference

Lebanon 1027

Western 819

Danville 778

Hamilton Heights 710

Tri-West 613

Tipton 439

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach said:

It would make sense for KV and Rensselaer to be in the same conference.  KV has outgrown Rensselaer by a lot but there isn’t a significant difference between them in the strength of their athletic programs.

The Hoosier Conference will probably continue their patchwork and try to get Lebanon to replace Northwestern. The Tigers are not a bad fit and they are looking for a home, but I wonder if they want to bring Danville and Tri-West with them.

I know this will be another example of things that are unlikely to happen, but the Hoosier Conference and the remaining members of the Sagamore could split into 2 conferences like this.  KV would be a decent fit for the Hoosier in my opinion, so I’m including them as a 7th member.

Hoosier Conference

Logansport 1214

Kankakee Valley 1074

West Lafayette 730

Twin Lakes 674

Benton Central 508

Rensselaer Central 468

Lafayette Central Catholic 294


Sagamore Conference

Lebanon 1027

Western 819

Danville 778

Hamilton Heights 710

Tri-West 613

Tipton 439

That does seem to make a lot of sense, but I'm going to retreat to my "Time Zone" defense.  RC and KV are Central, while all others are not.  No big deal for football, but other sports that have weekday games, it's not as fun.  I like the looks of your new Sagamore, and although they're the smallest by a mile, I see Tipton holding their own.

 

BTW, Hanover Central just joined the NWCC, which could alleviate the need for the Kougars with a K.

Edited by Gipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2023 at 4:18 PM, gonzoron said:

I don't have a clue. Maybe Tippecanoe Valley didn't want to travel that far. 2 of the 3 games they scheduled with Hoosier Conference opponents are Home games. South Bend Washington was obviously willing to travel.

Maybe he wants to talk shit about Cass for the next 12 months like HH never left the sagamore to join the MIC.  I believe Stern won 2 games that year

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

Maybe he wants to talk shit about Cass for the next 12 months like HH never left the sagamore to join the MIC.  I believe Stern won 2 games that year

 

Also had inappropriate relations with a student manager. Tell me where class begins

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2023 at 1:45 PM, gonzoron said:

Tippecanoe Valley isn't in the Hoosier Conference. No reason for Hamilton Heights to schedule them. Shifitng the blame for Lewis Cass leaving a conference in the lurch to a team who left a different conference is crazy talk.

Hamilton County - Hamilton Heights High School football coach Steve Stirn resigned this week, and now he is being charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor. Police say Stirn bought an 18-year-old woman several beers at a recent Kenny Chesney concert at the Verizon Wireless Music

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

Hamilton County - Hamilton Heights High School football coach Steve Stirn resigned this week, and now he is being charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor. Police say Stirn bought an 18-year-old woman several beers at a recent Kenny Chesney concert at the Verizon Wireless Music

@gonzoron Lets here about HH being the clean school

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dcjjones said:

Maybe he wants to talk shit about Cass for the next 12 months like HH never left the sagamore to join the MIC.  I believe Stern won 2 games that year

 

You seem to have some anger issues.  Gonzo is just a smartass and you certainly took the bait.

Hamilton Heights had been in the Rangeline, not the Sagamore.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...