Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Football Sectionals

Don't think a lot of folks foresaw Penn jumping into Sectional 1. Tough draw for Lafayette Harrison, gotta imagine they'd rather be grouped with the DAC (like Jeff was) than Westfield, Zionsville, and Carmel. Tough draw for LC and Portage as well. 

A few head scratchers per usual that I do not think many on this forum called out as possibilities

6A

Throwing Penn into Sectional 1 as opposed to having Harrison (West Lafayette) just take Lafayette Jeff's place (who moved to 5A), and then leaving Homestead on an island in Fort Wayne with 3 Hamilton County schools is interesting.

5A

There was always going to be an oddball in Sectional 12 with Kokomo, Lafayette Jeff, and McCutcheon, but I can't say anyone predicted it would be South Bend Adams. I figured it would be Fort Wayne North Side or even Warsaw.

The inclusion of Anderson and East Central as outliers in 5A South was always going to be funky too, but cannot say I saw the IHSAA splitting Whiteland and Franklin. I don't hate it, just a little bit surprised

4A

Putting Culver Academies in Sectional 20 had a ripple effect that (unfortunate in my eyes) causes all NLC 4A squads to be placed into Sectional 18.

38 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

A few head scratchers per usual that I do not think many on this forum called out as possibilities

6A

Throwing Penn into Sectional 1 as opposed to having Harrison (West Lafayette) just take Lafayette Jeff's place (who moved to 5A), and then leaving Homestead on an island in Fort Wayne with 3 Hamilton County schools is interesting.

5A

There was always going to be an oddball in Sectional 12 with Kokomo, Lafayette Jeff, and McCutcheon, but I can't say anyone predicted it would be South Bend Adams. I figured it would be Fort Wayne North Side or even Warsaw.

The inclusion of Anderson and East Central as outliers in 5A South was always going to be funky too, but cannot say I saw the IHSAA splitting Whiteland and Franklin. I don't hate it, just a little bit surprised

4A

Putting Culver Academies in Sectional 20 had a ripple effect that (unfortunate in my eyes) causes all NLC 4A squads to be placed into Sectional 18.

The split of Franklin and Whiteland in 5A south and placing Homestead with the 3 East Hamilton county schools are very odd for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HHPatriots said:

Sectional 32 was as presumed.  Brutal.  5 (or maybe 6) of those 8 teams could simultaneously be in the top 10.

1st round matchups are going to be exiting, lots of potential matchups for that one 

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

6A

5A

The 6A "shift" is the oddest one to me....Harrison for Jeff, Snider for Warsaw, and everything else is basically status quo, this was apprently not what the IHSAA had in mind

5A makes sense to me as I fell IHSAA has always viewed Warsaw as "Fr Wayne adjacent" 😜

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

The split of Franklin and Whiteland in 5A south and placing Homestead with the 3 East Hamilton county schools are very odd for me.

I think they did a good job with 6A North all things considered. Two sectionals comprise teams from the same general area. The other two are 3/1. Homestead is to Indy as Elkhart is to Fort Wayne. I'm not sure how they could have done it any better. 

Putting Harrison into Sectional 1 would have shifted another FW school to Indy. You would have two FW schools vs two Indy schools. Two SB schools vs two FW schools. From a fans perspective, that's what I was personally hoping for. But geographically, I can see why the IHSAA did what they did. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think they did a good job with 6A North all things considered. Two sectionals comprise teams from the same general area. The other two are 3/1. Homestead is to Indy as Elkhart is to Fort Wayne. I'm not sure how they could have done it any better. 

Putting Harrison into Sectional 1 would have shifted another FW school to Indy. You would have two FW schools vs two Indy schools. Two SB schools vs two FW schools. From a fans perspective, that's what I was personally hoping for. But geographically, I can see why the IHSAA did what they did. 

Although 2 FtW/2Hamco schools is exactly what it was.

• Like 1

Although 2 FtW/2Hamco schools is exactly what it was.

True. I'm not sure there's a right or wrong, either way, some teams were going to have to travel. I thought it was going to be Snider and Homestead to the south. Carroll and Northrop to South Bend. Harrison to Indy. 

Edited by BTF

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

1st round matchups are going to be exiting, lots of potential matchups for that one 

And reviving some old rivalries!  

41 minutes ago, TigerBLenthusiast69 said:

Speedhawk says put whoever you want in our sectional. L'burg is gonna win 'em all anyway. Like my across the street pre-Connie's ritual, I want my 'chips with the dip. Viva mas Gentlemen. 

tigerhawk.webp

Batesville might have something to say about that......again.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CoachMack219 said:

Don't think a lot of folks foresaw Penn jumping into Sectional 1. Tough draw for Lafayette Harrison, gotta imagine they'd rather be grouped with the DAC (like Jeff was) than Westfield, Zionsville, and Carmel. Tough draw for LC and Portage as well. 

I was surprised, but like it.  

37. (8): Christel House, Covenant Christian (Indpls), Heritage Christian, Indianapolis Cardinal Ritter, Indianapolis Lutheran, Indianapolis Scecina Memorial, Monrovia, Park Tudor

Monrovia the lone Public School in this Sectional, and we play 4 of them during the regular season.

On 5/1/2024 at 1:57 PM, WCGrad92 said:

37. (8): Christel House, Covenant Christian (Indpls), Heritage Christian, Indianapolis Cardinal Ritter, Indianapolis Lutheran, Indianapolis Scecina Memorial, Monrovia, Park Tudor

Monrovia the lone Public School in this Sectional, and we play 4 of them during the regular season.

Every public school in the state is in your corner. Go get'em!

• Like 8

On 5/1/2024 at 12:57 PM, WCGrad92 said:

At least they aren't all cheatin' Catholics!

On 4/30/2024 at 2:53 PM, HHPatriots said:

And reviving some old rivalries!  

Batesville might have something to say about that......again.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often... 

We'll cook 'em this year with the speed(hawk) option

Speedhawk will return us to glory, 

A trip to Indy will be our story

The sectional trophy in L'burg will find a home...

once again this season, WE WANT DOME