Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 10 Scores and Updates (Sectional Round 1) -2019

GS with another pick 6 

49-28

@WWFan Salem has played GS tough. They have had some bad breaks though and has made GS look silly. 

looking at the scores from Salem this year...I feel like Salem’s defense went unnoticed...they kept the games they lost close and seemingly gave everyone fits. I wonder if it’s just one of those things where their offense just hasn’t been as good as the defense so it hasn’t shown up this year too much. 

salem is 6-3 soon to be 6-4 but by all accounts they are a very good team and probably better than rankings and record suggest 

• Like 1

49-28 Final

Gibson Southern over Salem.

The score is so misleading. This was a dog fight for over 3 Quarters.

hats off to Salem. 

annnnnd Gibson Southern will get their rematch Vs Heritage Hills next week now. This time at home. Hopefully GS makes it a game.  Should be a better one than the 49-14 thumping in week 6. Grab your popcorn. The board might get wild this week boys and girls lol

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

7 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

GS with another pick 6 

49-28

@WWFan Salem has played GS tough. They have had some bad breaks though and has made GS look silly. 

looking at the scores from Salem this year...I feel like Salem’s defense went unnoticed...they kept the games they lost close and seemingly gave everyone fits. I wonder if it’s just one of those things where their offense just hasn’t been as good as the defense so it hasn’t shown up this year too much. 

salem is 6-3 soon to be 6-4 but by all accounts they are a very good team and probably better than rankings and record suggest 

Watched them obviously last week. Was impressed with the D. Some good size kids. Knew D was good, but still surprised how well they held us last week. Good luck to GS rest of tourney! 

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Luers 3. Central Noble 0   Middle 2

this place is a library.  Yucca needs to look at that roughing the passer.  I know, Bob, it was a good call. 

The thing about roughing the passer is it’s almost never caught on the video because the camera (as well as every eye in the house) always follows the pass.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

If that was called roughing the passer, unless there was some additional contact after the camera moved with the ball, I respectfully disagree.

Addendum:  By rule, any personal foul committed against the passer is enforced as roughing, since that enforcement is most advantageous to the offended team. The contact was clearly not late. Possible explanations are that the passer — who is by definition a “defenseless player” — was hit above the shoulders, or hit by the defensive player’s helmet, both of which can be personal fouls against a defenseless player. But frankly, I didn’t see either of those on the video.