Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Sectional 32

2 questions. 

1) How is HH doing in regards to Covid?  I hope things are looking up for you guys. Would love a full strength game. Those are always good ones 

2) will the game still be at The Jungle or will it move to The Jewell since the regular season game was at The Jungle. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

2) will the game still be at The Jungle or will it move to The Jewell since the regular season game was at The Jungle. 

You serious?  HH ought to make sure the field gets plenty of water the week of Round 1.... LOL In all seriousness, Championship should be Game 5 at Southridge.  That will be a doozy.

Edited by tango
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

You serious?  HH ought to make sure the field gets plenty of water the week of Round 1.... LOL In all seriousness, Championship should be Game 5 at Southridge.  That will be a doozy.

I am serious lol. I know in the past sectional games have been switched for this reason.  Just don’t know if it’s like a PAC agreement between teams 

7 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I am serious lol. I know in the past sectional games have been switched for this reason.  Just don’t know if it’s like a PAC agreement between teams 

Please explain when this happened. There is no agreement that I'm aware of, at least in the last 43 years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

2 questions. 

1) How is HH doing in regards to Covid?  I hope things are looking up for you guys. Would love a full strength game. Those are always good ones 

This nonsense of COVID changes every 15 minutes so who knows.   I am sick of this and there is no foreseeable end to it.  If we are still dealing with this ridiculousness next year I think I will lose my mind.  Game will be at the Jungle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If there ever was an agreement in the past, which I don't ever remember, there won't be one for this game.  @tango, may be on to something though.  But, I've also heard an argument on here from from someone that a sloppy field favors a pass heavy offense.  Either way, this game will be played on the good ole natural grass!  I just hope we can see an HH team fully healthy and COVID quarantine free for once.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

That has NEVER happened.  Please enlighten us on when you ever remember this happening. 

• Like 1

I specifically remember a Princeton game being moved to Princeton because it was already played at GS.  

I can’t recall the year but i am pretty certain it has happened before. 

that’s not to say agreeing to travel 10 miles to Princeton is the same as traveling between Lincoln city and fort branch. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I specifically remember a Princeton game being moved to Princeton because it was already played at GS.  

that’s not to say agreeing to travel 10 miles to Princeton is the same as traveling between Lincoln city and fort branch. 

Year and I'm sure Mr. Princeton, Pete Swanson, would've written a short novel about. 

• Haha 1

I remember Reitz hosting Silver Creek (when they had just started their program) when SC was supposed to host.  The IHSAA deemed the stadium unfit to host.  I also remember Mater Dei hosting a game at North Posey because all the fields in the city were occupied for Round 1.  

But I don't remember a switch ever due to a regular season game/result. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

The only year I could find (going back to 1994) that Gibson Southern played a sectional game at Princeton was 2011. I can find no information that this game was scheduled to be played at Gibson Southern. 

16 hours ago, sr1 said:

The only year I could find (going back to 1994) that Gibson Southern played a sectional game at Princeton was 2011. I can find no information that this game was scheduled to be played at Gibson Southern. 

Names escape me, but was that the year Princeton had some very explosive players and overall better than most other recent Princeton football teams?

Sometime near then, I covered a Princeton football game, the Buss-Young finale at Mt Carmel and Southridge's sectional upset of Young's team and her breaking Damon Bailey's career scoring record. Damon, coaching at Butler, couldn't talk directly about Young because of NCAA recruiting rules, but he returned my call and chatted very frankly for around 30 minutes. Gave all he had to basketball until his knees couldn't take anymore surgeries. Respect. 

20 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I remember Reitz hosting Silver Creek (when they had just started their program) when SC was supposed to host.  The IHSAA deemed the stadium unfit to host.  I also remember Mater Dei hosting a game at North Posey because all the fields in the city were occupied for Round 1.  

But I don't remember a switch ever due to a regular season game/result. 

I have seen Mater Dei play North Posey at Gibson Southern and Central as the home team but never at North Posey that I remember.

2 hours ago, Cappy said:

I have seen Mater Dei play North Posey at Gibson Southern and Central as the home team but never at North Posey that I remember.

Wasn't there a sectional game between Gibson and Memorial played at Harrison (whatever the official sponsor named the field) around 2013? Was that just a case of Enlow being used by Bosse and not wanting to play on Saturday, or were the Titans the home team or maybe a jersey mix up? @tango @Titan32

29 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Wasn't there a sectional game between Gibson and Memorial played at Harrison (whatever the official sponsor named the field) around 2013? Was that just a case of Enlow being used by Bosse and not wanting to play on Saturday, or were the Titans the home team or maybe a jersey mix up? @tango @Titan32

Yes.  In 2013 we played GS at Harrison in Round 2 because Bosse was at home that night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cappy said:

Ah. That’s it. I knew NP was involved somehow. The year the game was played at GS, I think Mater Dei offered to play NP at NP, but they wanted to stand on the home side. At least that was the rumor I heard. 

But Coach Goebel’s dislike for Saturday games at all costs is well known.

I’ll get this party started. 
GS over HH

The Ridge over The Vern

NH over dem Bulldogs

Salem over CC

Semis

The Ridge over GS

Salem over NH

Championship

The Ridge over Salem

Now i don’t want all of you falling in love with these picks. I’m doing really shitty in my NFL pick em league and I ate a gas station cheeseburger last night.

Edited by Moonshiners
  • Haha 4

@MoonshinersI'd say that is all reasonable.  Gibson Southern might pull off a surprise.  GS is better than a 20 point loss to SR (first game).  We were even within 20 points of Southridge.  It isn't out of the realm of possibility that GS will win this sectional.

I watched Southridge beat the snot out of us last week and what I came away with is that they are crazy fast.  Impressive speed.  If Colson Montgomery was still playing they would likely be contenders to get themselves crushed by the DII college of Bishop Chatard at Lucas.

5 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

@MoonshinersI'd say that is all reasonable.  Gibson Southern might pull off a surprise.  GS is better than a 20 point loss to SR (first game).  We were even within 20 points of Southridge.  It isn't out of the realm of possibility that GS will win this sectional.

I watched Southridge beat the snot out of us last week and what I came away with is that they are crazy fast.  Impressive speed.  If Colson Montgomery was still playing they would likely be contenders to get themselves crushed by the DII college of Bishop Chatard at Lucas.

Mannnn you are thinking what I was thinking. 

if they still had Colson this would be a very very scary SR team. Their current QB (name slips the mind) could be a power back for them full time and just bulldoze people 

even without Colson, this is still a special SR team with so much speed. Shoot it’s in the one kids name! With a name like Gasser you gotta be fast lol