Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

While SR is insanely quick at a bunch of positions and Kippenbrock is a tank that begs you to try and tackle him, I am going with GS for the upset and to go on and win 32.

I'm hoping to find my way over to Huntingburg Friday night.  Is Southridge continuing with the same rules?  Allowing lots of people?  Selling tickets at the gate or no?

14 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

While SR is insanely quick at a bunch of positions and Kippenbrock is a tank that begs you to try and tackle him, I am going with GS for the upset and to go on and win 32.

I'm hoping to find my way over to Huntingburg Friday night.  Is Southridge continuing with the same rules?  Allowing lots of people?  Selling tickets at the gate or no?

I could be wrong, but I think things have changed. I believe it is immediate family only.  

38 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I could be wrong, but I think things have changed. I believe it is immediate family only.  

We received an email that tickets would be sold at the gate...which honestly I thought was a little odd last time given the current state of affairs.  Most schools just Fedex an allotment to us.

6 hours ago, Titan32 said:

We received an email that tickets would be sold at the gate...which honestly I thought was a little odd last time given the current state of affairs.  Most schools just Fedex an allotment to us.

Now it looks like they are sending us an allotment of tickets.  I do not know if any will be sold at the gate.

On 10/25/2020 at 6:35 PM, HHPatriots said:

No tickets sold at the gate is the information put out on the Southridge twitter account.

6 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Surely this will be on Jasper's channel...Southridge is the only Dubois county team left playing.

The Jasper feed on ihsaatv is run by JHS media.  The channel 18 broadcast is always tape delayed.  If there is a live feed it will not likely be either of those two broadcasts.

Why doesn't SR (or every school for that matter) run their own feed through ihsaatv?  If it is a equipment issue I'm guessing they could find some available for rent on short notice.  A laptop, camera, and dependable connection should do it.

Edited by Alduflux
  • Like 1

It is really tough to beat a good team twice in a season. Look at last year’s HH/GS and HH/Southridge scores. 

Heritage Hills won both games, but there definitely was a tightening of the score. One point win even in the case of GS.

I expect a tight game either way - shades of that 22-21 game a few years ago. Or was it last year? I swear this year feels like 2 or 3 sometimes! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

It is really tough to beat a good team twice in a season. Look at last year’s HH/GS and HH/Southridge scores. 

Heritage Hills won both games, but there definitely was a tightening of the score. One point win even in the case of GS.

I expect a tight game either way - shades of that 22-21 game a few years ago. Or was it last year? I swear this year feels like 2 or 3 sometimes! 

Southridge has great speed and a bunch of positions.  They are very good.  BUT, I believe GS defense is at a much difference place this time and #18 is on point.

Edited by HHPatriots

4 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

https://inpreps.com/2020/10/28/southwest-indiana-gotw-preview-sectional-32-semifinals-gibson-southern-at-southridge/

Came across this on Twitter. Really gets me excited about this game on Friday!

I had to get a ticket for this rematch!  Luckily, for all involved the rain and wind will be out of the area and won't be a factor.  Temps are forecasted to be mid 40's at game time but it is late October so that is expected.  Pulling for the local Raiders, but know the Titans will make adjustments from the first game and this will be a battle!  

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 2