(4 - 2) North Knox @

(6 - 2) Forrest Park

(1 - 7) South Spencer @

(4 - 4) Mater Dei

(4 - 3) North Posey @ 

(0 - 4) Crawford County

(5 - 3) Linton @

(6 - 1) Tell City

There are a couple of good matchups in this first round,.  I like the North Knox @ Forrest Park game.   I expect it will be a dandy.   North Knox has a strong running attack.   Don't know much about Forrest Park other than their 2 losses are to 2A Tell City and 3A (4 - 2) Mount Vernon.  I also like the Linton @ Tell City game.   Along with Mater Dei, Tell City has to be a favorite.   Even though they came up a couple of points short, they gave 3A Southridge all they wanted.  Linton has had an up and down season, but regardless, they usually get people's attention.   They haven't made a lot of noise in 2A just yet, but knocking off a favorite like Tell City would be a good start.  North Posey has played 3A Southridge, 3A Heritage Hills (Double over time loss by one point), and 2A Tell City.  They are no stranger to good competition, and I believe they will be too much for Crawford County.  The Wolfpack has had it rough for several years now and this year doesn't look to be any different.   They only got to play 4 games on their schedule in this crazy year.  But in those four games, they have been outscored by an average of 56 - 6.  A better match up would have been with South Spencer, but that is the luck of the ping pong balls.  Speaking of South Spencer, they get to travel to Evansville to take on Mater Dei.   Not much can be said about this game.   South Spencer seems to be on the opposite end of the scale from Mater Dei.  Besides, Mater Dei plays one of the tougher schedules in all of 2A so even though South Spencer plays their best game of the year, I believe Mater Dei will have no problem moving into round 2.   Best of Luck and Good Health to all teams.

Edited by itiswhatitis

39 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

ALL RECORDS USED IN THIS THREAD ARE THROUGH WEEK 8

(4 - 2) North Knox @

(6 - 2) Forrest Park

(1 - 7) South Spencer @

(4 - 4) Mater Dei

(4 - 3) North Posey @ 

(0 - 4) Crawford County

(5 - 3) Linton @

(6 - 1) Tell City

There are a couple of good matchups in this first round,.  I like the North Knox @ Forrest Park game.   I expect it will be a dandy.   North Knox has a strong running attack.   Don't know much about Forrest Park other than their 2 losses are to 2A Tell City and 3A (4 - 2) Mount Vernon.  I also like the Linton @ Tell City game.   Along with Mater Dei, Tell City has to be a favorite.   Even though they came up a couple of points short, they gave 3A Southridge all they wanted.  Linton has had an up and down season, but regardless, they usually get people's attention.   They haven't made a lot of noise in 2A just yet, but knocking off a favorite like Tell City would be a good start.  North Posey has played 3A Southridge, 3A Heritage Hills (Double over time loss by one point), and 2A Tell City.  They are no stranger to good competition, and I believe they will be too much for Crawford County.  The Wolfpack has had it rough for several years now and this year doesn't look to be any different.   They only got to play 4 games on their schedule in this crazy year.  But in those four games, they have been outscored by an average of 56 - 6.  A better match up would have been with South Spencer, but that is the luck of the ping pong balls.  Speaking of South Spencer, they get to travel to Evansville to take on Mater Dei.   Not much can be said about this game.   South Spencer seems to be on the opposite end of the scale from Mater Dei.  Besides, Mater Dei plays one of the tougher schedules in all of 2A so even though South Spencer plays their best game of the year, I believe Mater Dei will have no problem moving into round 2.   Best of Luck and Good Health to all teams.

You do realize that Southridge is still 2A by enrollment, correct?? 

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 2

43 minutes ago, jets said:

What is the point of that statement?  And no, I didn't know (personally) that Southridge has a 2A enrollment.   Is Southridge in the 3A tournament?   Why, yes they are.    Doesn't matter if they have a 1A enrollment.  I don't keep track of 320 teams enrollments.  But if they are in 3A, why do I need to say they have a 2A enrollment?  The bottom line is they are playing in 3A.   Dude, what exactly is it that you want???

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jets said:

There's a few teams in Indiana playing up based on enrollment (Ev. Memorial, Columbus East, New Palestine, Pioneer, Indy Cathedral, etc.) Cathedral was playing up 2 classes for a bit. Southridge only beat 2A Tell City 14-12, so it might be good for Southridge that they're up in 3A and don't have to play them again in a sectional game. It also might be good for them that Memorial had to bump up to 4A instead of 3A. 2A Mater Dei played two 5A ranked teams this year and lost to one by 3 points and beat the other by 14. What does that mean? If Linton, MD, or another team beats Tell City what would that mean?? Congrats to Southridge on their success. The reward is they are now 3A. They can either continue to win at 3A or go back to 2A. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, South Paw said:

There's a few teams in Indiana playing up based on enrollment (Ev. Memorial, Columbus East, New Palestine, Pioneer, Indy Cathedral, etc.) Cathedral was playing up 2 classes for a bit. Southridge only beat 2A Tell City 14-12, so it might be good for Southridge that they're up in 3A and don't have to play them again in a sectional game. It also might be good for them that Memorial had to bump up to 4A instead of 3A. 2A Mater Dei played two 5A ranked teams this year and lost to one by 3 points and beat the other by 14. What does that mean? If Linton, MD, or another team beats Tell City what would that mean?? Congrats to Southridge on their success. The reward is they are now 3A. They can either continue to win at 3A or go back to 2A. 

Maybe this person doesn't realize that Southridge was bumped up to 3A.   They should check the 3A polls.  I just looked and Southridge is ranked #3 in the AP poll and #4 in the coach's poll.   I did NOT see anything on there that said, "but they have a 2A enrollment".   Pssstttt....Southridge is also rated in the 3A Sagarin ratings.   Nope, nothing on their either that says, "but they have a 2A enrollment".

46 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Maybe this person doesn't realize that Southridge was bumped up to 3A.   They should check the 3A polls.  I just looked and Southridge is ranked #3 in the AP poll and #4 in the coach's poll.   I did NOT see anything on there that said, "but they have a 2A enrollment".   Pssstttt....Southridge is also rated in the 3A Sagarin ratings.   Nope, nothing on their either that says, "but they have a 2A enrollment".

Geez- I was just making an observation. 

Sorry- Back to my hole I’ll crawl. Good luck to all teams in sectional 40. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jets said:

Geez- I was just making an observation. 

Sorry- Back to my hole I’ll crawl. Good luck to all teams in sectional 40. 

The way you worded your reply made it sound like that was common knowledge and everyone should know it.   And observation or not, what did that have to do with my post?   In case you missed it, Southridge IS in 3A.   You know that right?  I could care less what their enrollment is.  They are a damn fine football program, regardless.

IT's a tough task to drive all the way to Tell City to face perhaps the best Marksmen team they;ve had for many many years.  I would never doubt that Linton has a chance... but we sure are gonna need to do better in a lot of areas... and handle that long bus ride.   We have a longer bus ride this Friday to Clarksville... so back to back hauls.   I agree that the NKnox Forest Park game will be a good one to check out.  Don't know much about the Rangers other than at 6-2... they've only beaten one team with a positive record (1A Perry Central (5-3))...  but only lost 29-20 to Mt. Vernon Posey.   Wins over Princeton, South Spencer, Tecumseh, SPrings Valley and Pike Central.. .with a combined 4-30 mark.   Hard to tell how good they are, but in the past they lost games like those.   North Knox beat Linton at Linton, and North Daviess 4-3....  but also has wins over 1-7 Eastern Greene and winless North Central.  Seems to me that the Warriors have hit their stride these last couple weeks.... and picked up playing 4A 4-2 Indy Attucks not to mention a last minute pickup game with Rensselaer Central a few weeks back ( they lost, but still a quality opponent.    Tell City sure looks good at 6-1... and that Southridge 14-12 loss came down to not making a 2 point play at the end of the  game...  nobody has come within 20 point of the Raiders all year.   5 Shutouts for that Marksmen defense in those 6 wins.  Linton got run over by NKnox which surprised me, and alot of folks... but I know there will be a fire lit.  I'll feel better or worse after tomorrow night's game at Providence.   Obviously.... no matter the record... Mater Dei has to be at least a co-favorite just given on whom they play . Losses to 8-0 4A Evan. CEntral, 5-3 5A Castle by 3,  5-3 4A Memorial again by 3, and 6-2 4A Jasper...  and beating 5-3 5A Evans North, as well as 3A Vincennes Lincoln...    North Posey got lucky on the ping pong draw facing 0-4 Crawford County.... and should advance easy enough.  But should they.. and be 5-3 ..remember those wins came twice over S.Spencer (1-7), then Tecumseh and Princeton (combined 3-10).     I would say this sectional boils down to the winner of Linton Tell City facing Mater Dei in the final.  And even tho I am a Miner guy.. Linton is gonna have to play very good to get past Tell City.  I think NK will prevail over a much improved Ranger team, but Mater Dei is at another level.  

On 10/11/2020 at 10:35 AM, itiswhatitis said:

ALL RECORDS USED IN THIS THREAD ARE THROUGH WEEK 8

(4 - 2) North Knox @

(6 - 2) Forrest Park

(1 - 7) South Spencer @

(4 - 4) Mater Dei

(4 - 3) North Posey @ 

(0 - 4) Crawford County

(5 - 3) Linton @

(6 - 1) Tell City

Just thought I list the tune up games everyone had before the tournament starts:

North Knox = 42 - 0 winner over Indianapolis Attucks . 

Forest Park = 38 - 0 loss to Southridge.  Southridge has beaten a few teams in sectional 40 this year.

South Spencer = 35 - 26 winner over Tell City.   I wonder what happened in this one???  No offense to South Spencer but I looked at the score in disbelief.

Mater Dei = 40 - 20 winner over Evansville Reitz.   Mater Dei just keeps flexing it's  muscles.

North Posey = 58 - 15 winner over Pike Central.

Crawford County = 51 - 14 loss to Tecumseh,

Linton = 27 - 7 winner over Providence.   

Now that tournament week has begun, let the chatter commence.

6 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I believe Tell City had some guys out because of Covid contacts. I think I read on Twitter it was 5 starters. Not sure if those players will be back next week or not for the Linton Stockton game.  

Yeah I wouldn't sleep on them. I figured they either had COVID issues or were just playing their reserves since the game didn't have any real significance.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:02 PM, XStar said:

Winner of the this sectional wins state.  

Assuming this is sarcasm, but if not, that's a bold prediction. That said, there are 2 teams in this sectional that wouldn't surprise me at all if they made a deep run. Then again, they could also lose early.

On 10/17/2020 at 8:04 PM, South Paw said:

Yeah I wouldn't sleep on them. I figured they either had COVID issues or were just playing their reserves since the game didn't have any real significance.

Every game has significance.  I can't imagine any HS team tanking a game just because...whatever.

1 hour ago, kingtut said:

Every game has significance.  I can't imagine any HS team tanking a game just because...whatever.

That one didn't have much. Sectionals had already been drawn, and Tell City wasn't playing for an undefeated season since the loss to Southridge. I would rather make sure my horses stayed healthy heading into sectionals than risk losing one of them in a game against a team with 1 win. I don't know what their thought process was but if they played 99 more times Tell City would win all of them unless it was COVID related or they were sitting their best kids on purpose.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:02 AM, XStar said:

Winner of the this sectional wins state.  

This is definitely sarcasm everyone. He does this every year and honestly I feel like I never see him post anywhere else. So I end up laughing every time. Haha

12 minutes ago, WWFan said:

This is definitely sarcasm everyone. He does this every year and honestly I feel like I never see him post anywhere else. So I end up laughing every time. Haha

He posts on the Sagamore and 2A threads. The reason he does this is because the 2 years several said this sectional winner would win state and everyone overlooked WeBos

3 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

He posts on the Sagamore and 2A threads. The reason he does this is because the 2 years several said this sectional winner would win state and everyone overlooked WeBos

O i know why he does it. I swear to God I do!!!  But I dont read the Sagamore so explains why I never see them anywhere else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1