Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 6A Bracket Analysis

37 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Favorable or not that's still a gauntlet, would much rather be in the northern half of the bracket at this juncture. However, Brownsburg does have the horses to navigate it. 

It has been that way now for several years....south always seems to be a gauntlet, now adding Cathedral to the mix.  But I agree BB has the horses and having homefield is a big deal.  Their decisive win against BD in the sectional game 1 was an absolute eye opener.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

Except you were only saying that cause you were mad that Merrillville lost to them. I don't think CP is overrated as much as Carroll is just very good. Merrillville is much more overrated than the Dogs. I'll give CP a much better shot against Carroll then I'd give the Pirates against Snider. 

I don’t think snider makes it to semistate. But again y’all can say excuses but crown point would lose to us if we weren’t missing coaches. We had 2-3 coaches gone for a few games. But it is what it is 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Piratefan101 said:

I don’t think snider makes it to semistate. But again y’all can say excuses but crown point would lose to us if we weren’t missing coaches. We had 2-3 coaches gone for a few games. But it is what it is 

"Y'all can say excuses" 

*Literally makes an excuse*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

It has been that way now for several years....south always seems to be a gauntlet, now adding Cathedral to the mix.  But I agree BB has the horses and having homefield is a big deal.  Their decisive win against BD in the sectional game 1 was an absolute eye opener.

I've got a foot and a half on board with Brownsburg at this point.  Every time I place two feet on the ship, they seem to underachieve.

They'll roll Avon to set up a great regional and possible semi-state.

2 hours ago, HoosierFootball4 said:

Absolutely. I'll go out on a not so scary limb and say next weeks regional match-up between sectionals 3&4 for the North is for a ticket to LOS.

Hopefully the participants in those sectionals feel the same. 

42 minutes ago, temptation said:

I've got a foot and a half on board with Brownsburg at this point.  Every time I place two feet on the ship, they seem to underachieve.

They'll roll Avon to set up a great regional and possible semi-state.

They replicate what they did against Ben Davis and I think they roll the rest of the field.

6 minutes ago, HoosierFootball4 said:

I'll take the winner of sectional 3/4 by 14+ for whoever comes out of 1/2  😅

If Carroll takes care of business, I'll take you up on that one. PM me when the time comes. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

They replicate what they did against Ben Davis and I think they roll the rest of the field.

Ben Davis gave the ball away multiple times (4 I believe?)...not sure it was necessarily anything Brownsburg did superbly.

Cathedral/Center Grove won't.

Edited by temptation

Brownsburg took advantage of every mistake Ben Davis made. I thought the Giants showed some heart to rally, but the Bulldogs kept making plays to slam the door. Brownsburg is for real, but, like Temp said, every time you start to buy in.......

BUT, I think things might be different this year. 

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

I agree with you that Crown Point is overrated. But, I think you sound like a fool for criticizing their coaching staff. Buzea has a very solid staff. 

Never criticize the staff. Just said they from merrillville which there two most important coaches outside buzea are from merrillville and they wouldn’t win with out those 2

wells, o Connell 

Cp is not overrated! They are 10-0 ! Just because everyone goes by rankings , does that mean they don’t deserve the high praise by coaches and media around the state  are giving them!  The players and the coaches are undefeated for a reason!    May not be to your liking but they have not lost this year. 
For Cp to advance in this weeks game and later games they must run the ball and eat as much clock as they can and play field position against every team ahead of them.  Make teams have long drives to score and keep the clock in their favor!  Carroll, HSE,Westfield have better athletes than CP . In my opinion I don’t  think CP defense can stop Carroll’s passing game .  They sure can’t stop HSE passing game!  From what I have seen they have the best Receivers in the State!
CP is on their way to be a contender in the North, just not yet. 

So let’s not pop-poo their achievements! U have to start somewhere! 

9 hours ago, Boilerup said:

Cp is not overrated! They are 10-0 ! Just because everyone goes by rankings , does that mean they don’t deserve the high praise by coaches and media around the state  are giving them!  The players and the coaches are undefeated for a reason!    May not be to your liking but they have not lost this year. 
For Cp to advance in this weeks game and later games they must run the ball and eat as much clock as they can and play field position against every team ahead of them.  Make teams have long drives to score and keep the clock in their favor!  Carroll, HSE,Westfield have better athletes than CP . In my opinion I don’t  think CP defense can stop Carroll’s passing game .  They sure can’t stop HSE passing game!  From what I have seen they have the best Receivers in the State!

Good post. When an undefeated team comes to town, you better take them seriously. Especially a team that is coached by a staff with a proven track record. Crown Point is on there way, maybe they're already there. 

56 minutes ago, BTF said:

Good post. When an undefeated team comes to town, you better take them seriously. Especially a team that is coached by a staff with a proven track record. Crown Point is on there way, maybe they're already there. 

Please lord.  Gimme some hope.

12 hours ago, Boilerup said:

How are you all ginna feel when the WB leaves and they are back to winning 3? 4? Games? I’m telling you the team is a one man show. And other coaches after playing them are saying the same thing. Crown point will never consistently compete in the DAC. They get a year or two and then fall to bottom. But we will see! Come visit this next year!! 

33 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

How are you all ginna feel when the WB leaves and they are back to winning 3? 4? Games? I’m telling you the team is a one man show. And other coaches after playing them are saying the same thing. Crown point will never consistently compete in the DAC. They get a year or two and then fall to bottom. But we will see! Come visit this next year!! 

crying wojak mask meme" Poster for Sale by zetaexe | Redbubble

I don't believe any undefeated team is "overrated". However, they may not be as good as their undefeated records says. That all depends on the quality of teams they play. I am not familiar with CP's schedule and because they are in the north and I am from central Indiana I tend to have the central Indy mentality that many 6A northern teams are overrated in comparison to teams in Indy and the surrounding area. But that is only because I have yet to see a 6A team from the north come close to competing with an Indy team for a state championship title.

20 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Isn't that essentially what "overrated means"?

Not necessarily. I think going undefeated is a huge accomplishment. No one should take that away from any program. However, and I know that seems I am negating what I just said, I believe that one undefeated team versus another may not be as good simply because their schedule didn't test them as well as the other undefeated team's schedule did.

22 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Isn't that essentially what "overrated means"?

I would add that for me for a team to be overrated I think that the hype that goes along with that team also can play into whether not a team is overrated. Last year it was an accomplishment that Merrillville went undefeated, but having a running clock put on you by another team I would say they were overrated. However, if the game was closer, then no, not overrated, just not as good as the other team. I am not saying one cannot be considered overrated and be undefeated. I am just saying that the two don't have to be always true. You can lose by a close margin to a better team, even when it was predicted you should win, and not be overrated IMO.

42 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

I don't believe any undefeated team is "overrated". However, they may not be as good as their undefeated records says. That all depends on the quality of teams they play. I am not familiar with CP's schedule and because they are in the north and I am from central Indiana I tend to have the central Indy mentality that many 6A northern teams are overrated in comparison to teams in Indy and the surrounding area. But that is only because I have yet to see a 6A team from the north come close to competing with an Indy team for a state championship title.

2015 Center Grove beat Penn 28-16, was that not competing?

50 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

2015 Center Grove beat Penn 28-16, was that not competing?

Note 6A has only been around since 2013 so 9 years old. Back in 5A (pre 6A) the last true Northern team to win (not Central Indiana) was Penn in 2000 with a 21-0 win over Center Grove.