Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 6A Bracket Analysis

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

You said "largest classes" and "20 years." Largest classes includes class 5a. Snider won in 2015 and were a rain storm away from winning in 2016 as well. Penn was also locked in a close game in 2015 with Center Grove. Snider could have played with anyone in the state in 2004. So yeah, "most years." I get the overall message you're trying to convey though. Indy has been dominant. 

Indiana has had two largest classes in that time span, that’s why I put it in plural. I was not referring to 5A since it’s been the second-highest class. But the north only winning one of those titles in 10 years further reinforces my point. Close is cool but this ain’t horseshoes or hand grenades. 

3 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Indiana has had two largest classes in that time span, that’s why I put it in plural. I was not referring to 5A since it’s been the second-highest class. But the north only winning one of those titles in 10 years further reinforces my point. Close is cool but this ain’t horseshoes or hand grenades. 

Valid. Good luck to Andrean this year..........great program. 

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Maybe I'm thinking of a different game. Wasn't it still undecided in the fourth quarter. You Indy guys crack me up. I mention one competitive game and you get all bent out of shape. 

Don’t believe Penn led in that game, but if you want to call a competitive game as a “near-win”, whatever…

Don’t mistake chuckling as one being bent out of shape….

On 10/20/2022 at 8:10 PM, Donnie Baker said:

They were in 1A in the 80’s along with HSE and Lawrenceburg. 

They and HSE may be the only two schools that have played in all 6 classes. Westfield played in the 1A tournament prior to the current "all in" format, and were 2A runner up to FW Luers in 1992. I don't believe they ever won a 3A or 4A sectional, but they were not in either one of those classes for very long. 

• Like 1

Seeding the tournament in 5A/6A would go a long way in deciding whether the intrinsic bias toward Indy and metro schools is justified...

Grew up in the north and stayed in central Indiana for the last 25 years, so have a perspective that the MIC and HCC should be a Class 7A and let the chips fall ...

The path through the BD/Brownsburg sectional to state is a the hardest gauntlet to run... With the Cathedral/ Lawrence next most...

10 minutes ago, indypharmd said:

Seeding the tournament in 5A/6A would go a long way in deciding whether the intrinsic bias toward Indy and metro schools is justified...

Elaborate a bit more on this if you don't mind.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Elaborate a bit more on this if you don't mind.

Premise - by seeding tournament you have a higher likelihood of games being played against different programs than what the typical geographic sectionals would provide. This would pose more Indy area schools against the north in early rounds vs culminating in a N vs S arrangement Thanksgiving weekend.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, indypharmd said:

Premise - by seeding tournament you have a higher likelihood of games being played against different programs than what the typical geographic sectionals would provide. This would pose more Indy area schools against the north in early rounds vs culminating in a N vs S arrangement Thanksgiving weekend.

= Central Indiana/Indy BIAS 

On 10/22/2022 at 1:16 PM, WestfieldRocks said:

They and HSE may be the only two schools that have played in all 6 classes. Westfield played in the 1A tournament prior to the current "all in" format, and were 2A runner up to FW Luers in 1992. I don't believe they ever won a 3A or 4A sectional, but they were not in either one of those classes for very long. 

Westfield won 4A sectional in 07.  Lost to Cathedral in regional.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

= Central Indiana/Indy BIAS 

Or the best teams actually playing in Indy on Thanksgiving weekend and not in the sectional/regional round…

So sick of the word bias when facts are laid out for all to see.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Or the best teams actually playing in Indy on Thanksgiving weekend and not in the sectional/regional round…

So sick of the word bias when facts are laid out for all to see.

May be "facts" but (even though this is a blog/forum)....why are we challenging kids to adhere to ONE particular classification in ONE particular sport to a different system that is not in place for any other?  

On 10/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, temptation said:

Exactly.  This actually makes the opposite point of the poster’s intention…especially considering I think those Fishers teams would hold their own, if not defeat most northern non-Indy schools.

I know @BTF is tired of hearing it but I will cite the winless Noblesville/undefeated Homestead game until I’m in the grave.

As a former Duneland player currently living in Noblesville I’m fully convinced Noblesville could have competed for the DAC title this year. Outside of Crown Point, the DAC is now a 5A Conference. Lake Central and Portage either don’t care or simply can’t figure out how to be very good at football again. 

Cody is probably right that CP the team is likely very overrated. The coaching staff is fantastic you fool. Having huge lines, and that’s about it, doesn’t get you far post Duneland. Maybe I just jinxed that crap out of Carroll, but I don’t think Crown Point has enough talent to keep up with them. Crown Point is very methodical with no game breakers. I can easily see Carroll or a Hamilton County team countering with size and making life very difficult for the ‘Dogs.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Boilernation said:

As a former Duneland player currently living in Noblesville I’m fully convinced Noblesville could have competed for the DAC title this year. Outside of Crown Point, the DAC is now a 5A Conference. Lake Central and Portage either don’t care or simply can’t figure out how to be very good at football again. 

Cody is probably right that CP the team is likely very overrated. The coaching staff is fantastic you fool. Having huge lines, and that’s about it, doesn’t get you far post Duneland. Maybe I just jinxed that crap out of Carroll, but I don’t think Crown Point has enough talent to keep up with them. Crown Point is very methodical with no game breakers. I can easily see Carroll or a Hamilton County team countering with size and making life very difficult for the ‘Dogs.

I agree with basically everything said here. The Duneland is really down this year. I firmly believe Carroll is going to blow out CP in a couple weeks. 

• Kill me now 1

15 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Or DT. Randomly saw a FB post of his claiming CP would win state.

I don’t  have a burner account on here 

14 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Wait did you just agree with me!!!! 

11 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

I agree with basically everything said here. The Duneland is really down this year. I firmly believe Carroll is going to blow out CP in a couple weeks. 

Been saying all year they are OVERRATTED and will get stomped 

Don't want to speak too soon here, but Brownsburg has a favorable path from here moving forward. If/when they beat Avon @Avon this Friday they will get to play on their home field for the remainder of the tourney on their way to LOS if both Cathedral and CG continue to advance. Warren may be the only team who throws a wrench in the home field advantage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Been saying all year they are OVERRATTED and will get stomped 

Except you were only saying that cause you were mad that Merrillville lost to them. I don't think CP is overrated as much as Carroll is just very good. Merrillville is much more overrated than the Dogs. I'll give CP a much better shot against Carroll then I'd give the Pirates against Snider. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFootball4 said:

Don't want to speak too soon here, but Brownsburg has a favorable path from here moving forward. If/when they beat Avon @Avon this Friday they will get to play on their home field for the remainder of the tourney on their way to LOS if both Cathedral and CG continue to advance. Warren may be the only team who throws a wrench in the home field advantage.

Favorable or not that's still a gauntlet, would much rather be in the northern half of the bracket at this juncture. However, Brownsburg does have the horses to navigate it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Favorable or not that's still a gauntlet, would much rather be in the northern half of the bracket at this juncture. However, Brownsburg does have the horses to navigate it. 

Absolutely. I'll go out on a not so scary limb and say next weeks regional match-up between sectionals 3&4 for the North is for a ticket to LOS.

Edited by HoosierFootball4