Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A: Andrean vs Mater Dei

Bowen had 358 yards and 5 TD's by the time Andrean stopped feeding him the ball early in the 4th tonight. Beast. If I were Andrean's coach I'd make them watch some film of the 2014 game when Andrean was going for a repeat and Tri West slapped them back to Lake County. I'm guessing the boys from Evansville wanted this rematch and don't plan on losing 2 years in a row to the '59'ers. 

Edited by Boilernation

I read that Bowen hung 200 yds ad 3 TDs on Luers...in the first half.  That young man is a FOOTBALL player.  Did I hear he has an offer from Notre Dame? Reminds me of the Combs kid from Evv Memorial a few years back. 

MD will have to find a way to slow him down and put some pts on the board too.  Last year's game was dominated by the defense until mid-way through the 3rd qtr.  Once the dam broke, Andrea pulled away for the win.  Mater Dei has their hands full...

5 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

I read that Bowen hung 200 yds ad 3 TDs on Luers...in the first half.  That young man is a FOOTBALL player.  Did I hear he has an offer from Notre Dame? Reminds me of the Combs kid from Evv Memorial a few years back. 

MD will have to find a way to slow him down and put some pts on the board too.  Last year's game was dominated by the defense until mid-way through the 3rd qtr.  Once the dam broke, Andrea pulled away for the win.  Mater Dei has their hands full...

He's been committed to ND for over a year. Could have also played baseball practically anywhere he wanted. Haven't heard if he'll also play baseball at ND.

8 minutes ago, BigCatFootball said:

After watching the game last year I think if MD can stop Bowen they have a good chance. That is a big if tho… offensively for MD if they play how they did tonight it is going to be really tough to stop them

I had Hansen a clear favorite for Mr. Football but with tonight’s results, an eye popping performance next weekend by Bowen could flip the script.

37 minutes ago, BigCatFootball said:

After watching the game last year I think if MD can stop Bowen they have a good chance. That is a big if tho… offensively for MD if they play how they did tonight it is going to be really tough to stop them

That is a BIG if...

Honestly, for MD to come out on top, they will have to find a way to "contain" Bowen and outscore Andrean in a 42-35 type game.   Not sure MD can put that many points on board against a strong Andrean D.  Perhaps the best way for that to occur is for Bowen to miss the bus...   🤪   

MD's offense has really been clicking the last 2-3 weeks and the defense has really stepped up.  They seem to be playing their best football at the right time.  That will need to continue next week.  Wunderlich threw some absolute dimes last night - the pass down the sideline to Stoltz, the slant to Turner across the middle - perfect touch, perfect timing... Pierre had well over a 100 yds and was able to sneak through the line and get into the secondary often.

Last year Andrean shut down MD's passing game with pressure on Wunderlich - often Bowen on a blitz.  When Wunderlich gets uncomfortable in the pocket, he tends to force some ill-advised throws, i.e. the INT near goal line last night.  If he can remain calm and make some good passes, MD has a chance. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BigCatFootball said:

Mr. Obvious with sentence 1.

If I win the lottery, I could just quit my job.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, BigCatFootball said:

Did you see what he did last night vs. Luers?

I forget the origin of the now often used quote:  "You cannot stop him, you can only hope to contain him", but it certainly applies here with Bowen.  Few, if any, would argue Bowen will be the best player on the field.  That being said, even the best players have off nights or someone else steps up and has the game of their life to negate them.  Ref. Dan Dakich guarding Michael Jordan in 1984 Sweet Sixteen.  

1 hour ago, LuersLurker said:

Wish I could watch this game, but with the IHSAA having PPV, looks like I will have to skip it.  Not a great way to promote Indiana High School Sports.

Not sure what TV provider you have if you have cable… but they stream all state finals games on fox sports, or bally sports now

11 hours ago, BigCatFootball said:

Not sure what TV provider you have if you have cable… but they stream all state finals games on fox sports, or bally sports now

Bally Sports (formerly Fox Sports Midwest) is available on some cable providers. Comcast has them here. No additional charge. If not, I believe you have to pay to watch their internet app stream. That caused a ruckus prior to this year's Pacer's season, when Bally announced it would be charging $20/month to watch the stream. I don't see where you can pay for just the state finals games as you could the games leading up to this coming weekend.