Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2023

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Show my the receipt on one person who picked Snider…anywhere.

You gonna come back in March 2024 and tell us who you predicted to win the Super Bowl too?

Sir, I did, go into the pick ‘em threads and you will clearly see I had Snider winning

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

I see you have reading comprehension issues. When did you becomes the posting police? Setting standards for who is allowed to post on a topic? 
Why is there a need to offer insight or predictions in order to post a comment? 
Using rankings….funny They are so accurate…especially before a game had been played. 

I did not say anyone who was surprised by the result is a clown. I referred to YOU only as a clown for these continued idiotic responses. 

Just don't get into a fuss with him.  It's useless and ongoing!  If he knew a tenth of what he thinks he knows he'd be at the games instead of at home pecking on a keyboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Just don't get into a fuss with him.  It's useless and ongoing!  If he knew a tenth of what he thinks he knows he'd be at the games instead of at home pecking on a keyboard.

Sitting on the sidelines on this one. But to be fair, I didn't see much typing during the games. He was at one of them. I'm guessing Snider/Warren. Possibly HSE/Carroll. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Sitting on the sidelines on this one. But to be fair, I didn't see much typing during the games. He was at one of them. I'm guessing Snider/Warren. Possibly HSE/Carroll. 

I think he is implying that in order to speak about the sport I must COACH the sport…but who knows anymore.

I’ve got a lifetime average well over .500 which is good enough for me.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

IF he's an unbiased official, his rear better be on the field on Friday nights. Unless, of course, that is a lie also.

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

IF he's an unbiased official, his rear better be on the field on Friday nights. Unless, of course, that is a lie also.

Not sure that really means that you're an official. A moderator would have to help us out on that one. I would vouge for "unbiased." I think he does a pretty good job assessing teams no matter their location. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

Not sure that really means that you're an official. A moderator would have to help us out on that one. I would vouge for "unbiased." I think he does a pretty good job assessing teams no matter their location. 

Amateur official…professional analyst.

• Like 1

I'm an unbiased official.  

Therefore I don't make any "picks".  Had I made SAC picks this past week....I'd have broken legs!  

**This is because of the 'spread'... I was shocked in many ways.  Week one bodes well for FW area football, IMO.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I thought Snider, Homestead, and Carroll showed potential. On the fence with Wayne. The other six didn't impress. 

From limited looks, Wayne looked somewhat capable of a 6-7 win season. See they only have one OOC game. Wonder why that is??

12 minutes ago, psaboy said:

From limited looks, Wayne looked somewhat capable of a 6-7 win season. See they only have one OOC game. Wonder why that is??

I think for some programs it was just easier to schedule a conference opponent. Who's really breaking down Wayne's door to play them? Same with Northrop, probably why they scheduled one another. I'd still like to see them square up against Adams Central. I think that would be a good game. Throw class out the window in that one. And it gives an Adams County school a crack at Fort Wayne. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 9:27 AM, Irishman said:

Setting standards for who is allowed to post on a topic? 
Why is there a need to offer insight or predictions in order to post a comment? 

I agree, we need to remove nonsense posts from this board

6 hours ago, BTF said:

I thought Snider, Homestead, and Carroll showed potential. On the fence with Wayne. The other six didn't impress. 

North Side gets a 'pass'  IMO.  2 significant injuries to their team, may have had an impact.  Now, in NO WAY should Northridge be concerned about that situation....the Raiders came to play!  Won the contest, and no matter the reason(s)....

As Parcells said: "You ARE what your record says you are!"  The Raiders are 1-0...no matter how/why they got there. 

Luers is Luers...talk at the end of the season.   The Knights should be around in 2A. 

Not so sure about the Saints.  We'll see how they regroup.  

All in all, the SAC kept some of the potential 'blowouts' close.  That should be taken into account as they have stepped up their non-conference schedules.  This is what we have been demanding for years.  

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 5:38 AM, temptation said:

As one who is often accused of hyperbole, I’m not sure even I can disagree with this statement.

There was not a more surprising score in the state last night than this one and I never thought I would type the following sentence but here we are…

There was a noticeable difference in speed and strength on that field last night in favor of Snider.  They were finishing runs well into the second half and punishing Warren at the line of scrimmage.

The even scarier part (as mentioned above) is that the Panthers made their fair share of mistakes and STILL blew out Warren.

Take away Warren’s special teams score/pick 6 and this one looks even uglier..though I will also point out that Warren had a kick return that landed them on the 1 yard line called back.

Might be a long year on the east side.

I said this at the end of Kirschner's first season at Warren and I stand by it. It is the coaching. 

3 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

And Ben Davis?

Somebody from Indy should weigh in on this one. He definitely had some mediocre years at Ben Davis, but you still have to be a pretty good coach to win state twice even with a run on talent. I'm actually more impressed with what he did at Mount Vernon. 

Warren Central will be fine after a few games in my opinion. If the QB can improve on his short game accuracy and the receivers look the ball all the way in before they run up field, they could be dangerous come playoff time. They have something to build off of with those O and D lines. 

Since this is a 2023 Snider thread, let’s talk some Panther football!!! Now, I will say I was very impressed with Billingsley at QB.That dude was shifty and had some great spin moves in the run. Running attack was flat out great and the game was won in the trenches. Been a long time since a Snider slobber knockered a good team. Defense was really good as well. Time to go to Kendalltucky, er Kendallville, and play another good team

Edited by Komets2727